Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Liquid Cooling Tubes - Potential Disaster?

Lord_VaydeLord_Vayde Member CommonPosts: 78
So I just got some new RAM for my computer, it's significantly larger (taller) than my original RAM - nearly double the height. As a result, my liquid cooling tubes now touch the RAM sticks. Will the heat cause those tubes to melt, or am I safe?

Comments

• EcranomicalEcranomical Member Posts: 326

Don't know too much about w/c tubing, but if they aren't made from glass/metal/composite material, then I would, personally, worry. Try to route them around, if its not possible, I'd suggest getting those...i really don't know what to call them...i guess i could call them pivots, like a joint so you can add more tubing, then route the tubing. But I would worry...either wait to get more info from someone with a little more knowledge on these forums, or hop on over to tom's or anadtech. As for now, I'd suggest not installing the ram - unless you absolutely must

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

I wouldn't worry too  much, but it is better to err on the side of caution. You can always get protective sheathing to put over the tubes ( same as you put over cables, etc., made from nylon usually).

• maxx028maxx028 Member UncommonPosts: 69

I can't speak directly to the tubing you have, but I would reroute if possible. Try to get a new longer tube if possible. Remember, any adapters you splice into your cooling circuit is a potential leak.

Good luck.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

movement of liquid over synthetic materials can cause static buildup, so best to be safe then sorry

• Lord_VaydeLord_Vayde Member CommonPosts: 78
    Thanks for the tips all, I've decided I'll try using zip strips to hold the tubes off of the RAM. If that doesn't work, I'll try some of these other suggestions ^^