Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is my computer decent enough for WoW?

demisemagusdemisemagus Member Posts: 15

I know another post...but I would be screwed with out you guys. My computer barely meets the requirements for WoW. I am already having some sound problems and a lag here and there. What I don't want to happen is I get further in the game and I am forced to quit. I don't plan on getting a new computer for a while. Would I be better off with a browser game? Each minimum requirement(not recomended...bare minimum) barely passes.                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Will I have a significant amount of trouble further on in the game?

Comments

• jokuvaanjokuvaan Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by demisemagus

I know another post...but I would be screwed with out you guys. My computer barely meets the requirements for WoW. I am already having some sound problems and a lag here and there. What I don't want to happen is I get further in the game and I am forced to quit. I don't plan on getting a new computer for a while. Would I be better off with a browser game? Each minimum requirement(not recomended...bare minimum) barely passes.                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Will I have a significant amount of trouble further on in the game?

Posting specs would help a lot.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

Well, either way you won't be forced to quit, the game doesn't get any more taxing the farther you go.

• NeverdyneNeverdyne Member Posts: 167

The only place further down the road that will give you trouble is the main city Shattrah, though that's usually laggy for everyone. For the rest, don't worry. Maybe on 25 man raids you'll get laggy but 25 man raids are just a small part of the game for someone new to it.

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282

If you barely meet the minimum specs for WoW then you definitely need a new comp. WoW's min specs are pretty low. It wouldn't cost much to upgrade to a new comp. You could buy a $500 comp from Best Buy and it would run good.

• amunn1amunn1 Member Posts: 31

WoW has very low pc requirements, if you want to look at new games coming out you'll want a new pc :(

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317

Damn people trying to game on their calculators...

member of imminst.org

• SophistSophist Member Posts: 171

lol

And on another note NEVER BUY A PC  in a brick and mortar.

Second Buy From Newegg

Third enjoy your new cheap kick arse rig.

Enjoy

"The most important thing is to have the design support the players in setting their own goals in both cooperative and competitive interaction with one another." - Ironore -

• keNg_eLLykeNg_eLLy Member Posts: 33

...much better if post some specs....so that we can help you...

• njainjai Member Posts: 77

Honestly if he doesnt know to post specs and it seems like he just got into PC gaming because he heard a friend say WoW was fun, I doubt he would be able to put together a computer.

And to run wow a prebuilt would almost be same price as a newegg built one.Savings start to come in when you are trying to get good quality brands/parts like CPU, memory, video card and such and arent getting over charged.

For like a few hundred dollars he can go to any comp store and get a decent computer.

Darkfall for now.

Quit bashing games YOU don't like! Including WoW, you know you liked it before you got burned out.

http://live.xbox.com/member/Njai