Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions about Shadowbane

FukkfaseFukkfase Member Posts: 18

Is PVP balanced between classes or whatever?

Do I have to play 10 hours a day to ever be able to reach the highest level?

Is good gear important, and if it is, is it very time-consuming or hard to get?

Is the players skill important in PVP?

Do I have to be in a guild to enjoy it, or to even be viable at anything?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could answer these questions

Comments

• fischsemmelfischsemmel Member UncommonPosts: 364

Originally posted by Fukkfase

Is PVP balanced between classes or whatever?
    Do I have to play 10 hours a day to ever be able to reach the highest level?
    Is good gear important, and if it is, is it very time-consuming or hard to get?
    Is the players skill important in PVP?
    Do I have to be in a guild to enjoy it, or to even be viable at anything?
    I'd really appreciate it if someone could answer these questions
    PvP is as balanced as it can be, I suppose. Most classes/specs are competitive against most others, though some excel at dealing with some others.

Leveling is very quick. Experienced players can hit the level cap, 75, within a day of play time.

Gear is important, of course, but not like it is in other games. If you are naked, you'll get owned. However, you dont need to have spent an eternity raiding or farming or anything to be competitively geared. There is a top tier of gear better than what most people have, but it isn't that much better than the next best thing (which is what most people use).

Skill is important to a point. If you DONT know what to do, then you will be owned by everyone who has a clue. However, once you know how to handle your class/spec, the planning that went into creating your character is probably more important than your skill with the character.

You dont have to be in a guild to enjoy every aspect of the game... but for most, yes, you do. If you want to rove around by yourself trying to find small scale pvp, you don't need a guild. However, that isn't a very easy path to play, and if you want to be involved in larger scale combat or city sieges, or mine fights (battles over static resource spawns) you must have a guild.

• rev_lazarorev_lazaro Member Posts: 270

Level cap you can hit in a few days no probs

PvP Balance....well the whole game is about PvP. PvE is non existant except for beating up mobs to level up.

It's balanced in the propper numbers and strategies, but no the classes aren't all equal in a 1 v 1 stance.

Gear is pretty important. Not hard to get but a lot of the conflict is fighting over where certain runes drop, or farming spots to get the cash for items.

The game is VERY guild driven. It's all about Guilds in this game. With the exception of a newbie zone and a couple NPC towns, everything is built and ran and maintained by other players.

You can sub your guild under a guild if you want...but yeah in the end it's about grouping up under a banner and the constant, open pvp world. The leveling is just a means to an end...then it's all about politics, strategy, and massive battles.

This isn't a solo friendly game at all.

Hope this doesn't scare ya from trying one of the better PvP games out there.

• FukkfaseFukkfase Member Posts: 18

Thanks for the great replies, I will definitely try this game. Not being solo-friendly isn't that much of a drawback when I think of it.