Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is it so underrated?

nobionnobion Member Posts: 37
I seem to fail as how this game has a score of 6.5 (or was it 6.2)?.

Anyhow There is a good game. with easy creation tools to try and create items imgane with. It has good servers. and a good Developer behind it. It has fitting graphic's and a very variatonable design of landscapes/different inworld themes

Win... or lose...

Comments

• SethonSethon Member Posts: 11
    I agree wholeheartedly.

There is an amazing game. But it seems a majority of MMORPG.com communities is just made of people who only join games to PvP.
  • notagtipsynotagtipsy Member Posts: 3

It is underrated because the graphics can stand to improve, to say the least. I will admit that graphics have hardly an effect on gameplay, but if I am going to play for hours on end, I wish to play something I like to look at.

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362

underrated? ur joking right>? there is full of middle aged redneck house wives with nothign better to do than suck up to staff members and spend their husbands well earned money. There sucks

so say we all

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

There is not an MMORPG. It's listed on an MMORPG website. Hence, low rating: Wrong audience.

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• DesirsarDesirsar Member UncommonPosts: 117

The RPG in MMORPG.com has been lost for a long, long time.  If "RPG" was mandatory to be listed here, half of the games would leave the list.

Most of the other posts in both this thread and forum seem to try to compare it to the wrong type of MMO - it's no different in terms of pricing than any other micropayment game.  It certainly has its share of roleplaying (I use a female avatar and I'm not female), but I think what's putting off most people is the lack of goals defined by the game - no levels that mean anything to gameplay, no "endgame", and anyone can have anything anyone else does within the payment structure of the game.  Some people can't define their own direction, they need to be told where to go and what to do - this is probably the wrong game for them.

My only big issue with it is the technical problems that it has.  Too many developers buy servers that just barely handle the expected load of the users rather than figuring servers that could run, say, ten of the game world simultaneously at that same expected load on each, and then figuring that cost into their business model.  Then they would just have to work out the issues with their client, and they'd be all set.

• maacaaviityymaacaaviityy Member UncommonPosts: 127

I saw this "There" on Dr. Phil once lol. Anyway, if you like this, you're gonna love Second Life even more.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Desirsar

The RPG in MMORPG.com has been lost for a long, long time.  If "RPG" was mandatory to be listed here, half of the games would leave the list.

And believe me, we try to get them removed whenever possible.

• DesirsarDesirsar Member UncommonPosts: 117

Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by Desirsar

The RPG in MMORPG.com has been lost for a long, long time. If "RPG" was mandatory to be listed here, half of the games would leave the list.

And believe me, we try to get them removed whenever possible.

Good luck with that, I don't think the site is going to shun its biggest advertisers and contest sponsors...

I saw this "There" on Dr. Phil once lol. Anyway, if you like this, you're gonna love Second Life even more.

Second Life falls on its face compared to There in terms of server and client performance, there's no way any of the sport-like activities in There would work in SL. Each one is good at a lot of things the other is bad at, so I'll keep on splitting my time between them like I always have.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

I think the general consensus here is that people like cheese.

Haha but seriously, I tried there on Sunday and I have mixed feelings about it. What struck me the most at first was the controls being really awkward. Only after running around whilst trying to adjust the camera angle did I see the boards with instructions on them.

After that, a random girl came up to me and asked me if I "want to kiss," to which I ran away. I may myself to the water, then back out again. Little did I know a dude would follow me around harassing me about there being "sharks in the water."

Next I went on a trip to the spa, to which I was very disappointed to see one has to pay for anything remotely interesting. One of There's main marketing tactics is the promotion of it being free, yet in order to enjoy the game one has to pay.

Lastly I would like to mention that the graphics suited the game well. Also that it's rather confusing to new players due to the awkward interface and no proper explanation of exactly what is available to do and how to do it.

P.S. - Thread resurrection I know.

• nobionnobion Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by Lydon

I think the general consensus here is that people like cheese.

Haha but seriously, I tried there on Sunday and I have mixed feelings about it. What struck me the most at first was the controls being really awkward. Only after running around whilst trying to adjust the camera angle did I see the boards with instructions on them.

After that, a random girl came up to me and asked me if I "want to kiss," to which I ran away. I may myself to the water, then back out again. Little did I know a dude would follow me around harassing me about there being "sharks in the water."

Next I went on a trip to the spa, to which I was very disappointed to see one has to pay for anything remotely interesting. One of There's main marketing tactics is the promotion of it being free, yet in order to enjoy the game one has to pay.

Lastly I would like to mention that the graphics suited the game well. Also that it's rather confusing to new players due to the awkward interface and no proper explanation of exactly what is available to do and how to do it.

P.S. - Thread resurrection I know.

Lol in my world you seemed to have a great start. Lol its always hilarous when some young girls come ask if you want a GF or wanna kiss or whatever lol and some guy following you around saying there is shark in the sea. Well thats hilarious :D how can you complain.. haha.

And yea i tried Second life. and was hugely disapointed. I looked like a retard when i walked. i try to interact with a item and it does all the wrong things. I can't figure out the interface. I do not like that you can change yourself into monster and fly around like superman. and i think the world is uninspiring.

There is more my game. Its simple. Has its own style concerning the world and avatars. Good animations. and a few standard activities like paintball / car racing / Hoverboarding / card games and so on. And then made up events.

Good graphics dont do it for me. Second life definitly have some great avatar graphics... its not a terrible game. But as said above. There appeals to one group of people while second life does to another which seems to be the majority.

Win... or lose...

• DoctorrenDoctorren Member Posts: 1

I have not actually played "THERE" for quite a few years,

but when i was playing it I loved it.

Straight off when I started I found myself a job which earned me "Money" and "clothes"

I never Payed a cent for the game and still had an Awsome wardrobe a pet hoverboard and jeep.

One day i'd like to return if possible I miss the friends I made in "THERE" alot.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

Originally posted by Doctorren

I have not actually played "THERE" for quite a few years,

but when i was playing it I loved it.

Straight off when I started I found myself a job which earned me "Money" and "clothes"

I never Payed a cent for the game and still had an Awsome wardrobe a pet hoverboard and jeep.

One day i'd like to return if possible I miss the friends I made in "THERE" alot.

thats just ... sad. read what you have typed again :p

and - "there" is as dead and gone as this thread ...