Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does L2 have better pvp than GW?

demisemagusdemisemagus Member Posts: 15

I know I'm posting about the same topic way too much but...there are so many mmorpg games to choose from. I can guarantee I will have one chosen by tomorrow. Anyway Lineage II seems like its PvP is outstanding(in youtube videos). Guild wars also looks good. Guild Wars has A LOT less grind, but I'm still not sure how good the PvP is. Lineage II I would have to play for at least 10 months before getting all the game has to offer, but the PvP looks better than FPS games. So my best bet would be...

Is L2's PvP worth the next 8 months of my teenage life or should I get Guild Wars and be getting owned by next saturday?

Comments

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

There are other better games full of PvP coming out relatively soon such as Age of Conan, Chronicles of Spellborn, and Warhammer Online, that you should probably either go with GW as something quick to pass the time, and then switch to one of those while still being able to play GW now and then if you want, since there's no monthly fee, or just wait until they're released.

The grind in L2 is just not worth it. It's also outdated now and not fun. Though there will always be someone on here that will disagree with me.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

My guess would be GW >> L2.

I have only played L2, but in L2, but several classes there are nothing but cannon fodder. There are many classes, but they all have fixed lists of abilities. You have to spend a ton of work to get your character up - but if your class  is currently screwed, all you can do is level an alt and hope your main gets fixed soon. And most importantly, gear matters a lot, and the game is now 4 years old, meaning you very likely wont stand a chance in the world to compete in respect to gear.

Unlike that, in GW, you get 10 classes total (if you get all 4 parts of the game), and can choose a secondary class, for a total of 90 basic combinations. Then you can choose abilities according to your main and secondary class. Theres a ton of abilities around, and you can choose 8 of them. This limitation allows for interesting experiments. Gear matters not in GW, getting the standard equipment is easy, and "better" gear only has better looks, so you wont have problems if you start at a later point.

• phatpeteyphatpetey Member Posts: 323

I think GW has a better Group vs Group PvP. But if you like that kind of mmorpg(PvP) guildwars really is your game. It's is ofcourse Pvp based. Instead of L2 that is more RPG based.

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Lineage 2's PvP is amazing, it has politics involved and heavily guild/group warfare such as castle sieging or just random encounters.

The downside is that it takes quite a bit of time to level up that high enough to start getting into groups (around 60+), should take maybe 2 months if you can only play an hour per day but if you have more time, definitely check it out. Get to level 20 and immediately join an academy and get some free things with a good guild to get you started.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• StarzStarz Member UncommonPosts: 40

I believe L2 pvp is MUCH better than GW, theres more of it, its easier to get into, etc

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Guild Wars :)

• Vion1xVion1x Member Posts: 188

i played both of them. and they are nothing alike, u cant really compare it to eachother i will try to explaiin the pvp's in both games.

GuildWars: instant pvp action without loss or conflicts further on. focus alot on player skills and not on items, everyone is equal in guildwars, pvp instance only.

Lineage2: takes a really long time to get into end game pvp duo to lvl. u will only have world pvp, and u will suffer a loss of xp/items when u die there is alot of conflicts going on between clan/ally's and sieges. u dont pick a fight, the fight pick you, items and lvl is really helpfull ting.