Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hoth IS coming!

ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

So it looks like it was announced at todays summit that Hoth is being added with Chapter 11, including player controlled AT-AT's!

Comments

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

Ha well now guess im resubbing lol erm NOT!

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

Not to be a buzzkill or anything...but...wasn't Hoth a giant, barren, icicle floating around in space?  Outside of a single rebel base and a ton of roaming albino bigfoots...I don't recall there being much to Hoth.  Sounds like a white tatooine if you ask me, sans the actual habitation of the planet.  That couldn't have been too terrible to make really.

I was stoked about Kashyyk when it hit, but that was an actual planet full of stuff.  Stuff that I knew about and liked.  Hoth is a planet full of...snow and hairy things that eat you.  I'm not sure what the big dealio is.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
  • TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by Obraik

First discussion about it:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=652751 
    Whats with the name "meatlumps"?

Looks interesting depending on what they do with it....if they make a PvP are what does that do to their Restus planet? That is the only real logical option to do with Hoth, PvP. Thats what everyone always wanted back before NGE, Hoth battlegrounds with snowspeeders....

Here is an article on the upcoming changes to Commandos

www.massively.com/2008/04/26/fun-with-dots-in-star-wars-galaxies/

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

I'll give it a go.

Nothing so far has compared to the buzz I used to get from SWG, so a simple re-sub is definitely on the cards.

Thanks Obraik.

• smg777smg777 Member Posts: 49

So SOE says Hoth is coming...remember when they said the Ranger revamp was coming?

• MystaMysta Member UncommonPosts: 94

Am i the only person saddened by the thought of how awesome it'd of been for planets like hoth to really be added back in the day.(They were discussing it as a pvp planet)

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

First of all you are taking this from a guy who can barely make legible English.

Carrot at the end of the stick...believe what you will but they are just getting you to keep paying with these "promises" until the game shuts down, you won't get anything but rehashed half-ass code and redundant art-filled dungeons and instances.

Why Hoth now? Not happening, they don't have a decent team to create a whole planet let alone the skill to create one of the easiest planets it would be since it's nothing but ice and underground tunnels/caves.

SWG license isn't far from over? I really don't see Lucas Arts along for the ride much further unless they pull some drastic changes. It's just not going to happen.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.

I doubt it'll be a full sized Hoth, but just a section of it.

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

I doubt it'll be a full sized Hoth, but just a section of it.

I'd certainly hope so, the SW Hoth is a massive planet.  With nothing, and lots of it.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

Isn't chapter 11 supposed to be done sometime in 2013?

• SWGcasualtySWGcasualty Member Posts: 11

The items listed are mostly just ideas that will probably never see a test server let alone live.

We dont have atmospheric flight for snow speeders. We cant even get a collision system so NPCs stop shooting through walls and floors let alone atmospheric flight.

I'd say a vast majority of the items listed will never see any further development.

• darkboazdarkboaz Member UncommonPosts: 160

I know I know it is like when my wife yells at me for giggling when I fart. At times I am a two year old. I really figured they would have changed the name from chapters to some other thing before they hit 11 maybe back to publish or something. Chapter 11 In the US has a meaning for businesses that is synonymous with bankruptcy. Maybe they will change them but I giggle every time I hear chapter 11.

• DargnonDargnon Member Posts: 56

If it will be at least so much fun like the Mos Espa invasion is, it will be great.

If you dont know, Mos Espa invasion is instance slightly bigger than Mos Espa, where you have to strategically defend the city against Tuskens. And after the ISD it was the most favorite Heroic Encounter in recent poll.

Cant wait 

I hope the Rebel snow troopers will look good!

• DargnonDargnon Member Posts: 56
    Originally posted by Burntvet

Isn't chapter 11 supposed to be done sometime in 2013?

No, Chapter usually takes them about 2.5-3 months to make. And we should be getting Chapter 10 in 1.5-2 months or so.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Have they added atmospheric flight yet?  What's that?  No.   Then no sell.    Tell them to add atmospheric flight to planets and I might cosider coming back.  If we can pilot our ships in the atmosphere of a planet, land them, fight in them...the works.

Originally posted by Teala

Have they added atmospheric flight yet?  What's that?  No.   Then no sell.    Tell them to add atmospheric flight to planets and I might cosider coming back.  If we can pilot our ships in the atmosphere of a planet, land them, fight in them...the works.

From the discissions I've seen from the people that attended the summit, they seem to be considering adding the Hoth zone as a hybrid space zone.  If they did that, then yes, atmospheric flight could happen.

• efefiaefefia Member Posts: 631

lol sorry obraik, the fact that all this was mentioned at a summit pretty much means it'll never make it into the game. Ranger revamp, player controlled capital ships.... honestly, don't get your hopes up.

...The spread of secondary and latterly of tertiary education has created a large population of people, often with well developed literary and scholarly tastes, who have been educated far beyond their capacity to undertake analytical thought.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

So it looks like it was announced at todays summit that Hoth is being added with Chapter 11, including player controlled AT-AT's!
    if it's gonna be a PVP "battleground", I hope for you people that it never exceeds 20 vs 20.

I remember organizing PVP battles on Eclipse where we had around 30 vs 30 and we crashed the server each time and caused massive lag on the whole server. :P

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Originally posted by Muke

if it's gonna be a PVP "battleground", I hope for you people that it never exceeds 20 vs 20.

I remember organizing PVP battles on Eclipse where we had around 30 vs 30 and we crashed the server each time and caused massive lag on the whole server. :P

Seems it's only going to be PvE....

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

So its a PVE instance like the vette or whatever instance you have now that would be more similar? Not an open area or planet? When is chapter 11 (lol-nice name for a publish) due? And content that your average SW fan would recognize...are they trying to advertise this game finally or something?

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Heh, at first I thought this was another joke thred until I saw who the OP was. The player controlled AT-AT's should be interesting. Glad to see Hoth making it into the game for you all.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• efefiaefefia Member Posts: 631

so, the largest ground battle we know about in SWG's kind of era and they make it a pve heroic  lmao

What the fuck are SOE and LA thinking

...The spread of secondary and latterly of tertiary education has created a large population of people, often with well developed literary and scholarly tastes, who have been educated far beyond their capacity to undertake analytical thought.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Originally posted by Gishgeron

Not to be a buzzkill or anything...but...wasn't Hoth a giant, barren, icicle floating around in space?  Outside of a single rebel base and a ton of roaming albino bigfoots...I don't recall there being much to Hoth.  Sounds like a white tatooine if you ask me, sans the actual habitation of the planet.  That couldn't have been too terrible to make really.
      I was stoked about Kashyyk when it hit, but that was an actual planet full of stuff.  Stuff that I knew about and liked.  Hoth is a planet full of...snow and hairy things that eat you.  I'm not sure what the big dealio is.

Just good to know its there. Maybe players can try to taime that world. Everything should not be served on a plate to the players. If you nevev visit Hoth, thats just fine : )

• cabal001cabal001 Member Posts: 166

at last this game's slow conversion to battlefront 2 is complete.

arguing with a corporate fanboi is like teaching special education.
    even if you teach him something...at the end of the day he's still retarded.