Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do many people play?

RespyShuntRespyShunt Member Posts: 396

Do many people still play this game, and if so, what server has the highest population?  I got a 14 free trial with tabula rasa and i think i might try it out.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Originally posted by RespyShunt

Do many people still play this game, and if so, what server has the highest population?  I got a 14 free trial with tabula rasa and i think i might try it out.

Yes, many people do play. I think there are around 90k active subscribers for U.S./Euro (keep in mind this is a niche game which has been out for 4 years) but I haven't checked the latest 4th quarter results).

Bartz has the larget U.S. pop then Teon for Euro.

They just opened up a brand new European server called Luna but I'm skeptical as to how many people will play on it until they open transfers.

Oh, and the new player areas aren't very full due to the nature of the game (no one hangs out at new player areas). Do a bit of research to know what to expect... get to vll 20, do your first class change and go to the town of Dion to meet some of the lower lvl players there and to see iff you can find someone who is recruiting for a clan academy or the main clan. - J

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by RespyShunt

Yes, many people do play. I think there are around 90k active subscribers for U.S./Euro (keep in mind this is a niche game which has been out for 4 years) but I haven't checked the latest 4th quarter results).

Bartz has the larget U.S. pop then Teon for Euro.

They just opened up a brand new European server called Luna but I'm skeptical as to how many people will play on it until they open transfers.

Oh, and the new player areas aren't very full due to the nature of the game (no one hangs out at new player areas). Do a bit of research to know what to expect... get to vll 20, do your first class change and go to the town of Dion to meet some of the lower lvl players there and to see iff you can find someone who is recruiting for a clan academy or the main clan. - J

You can even start earlier than that when looking for clans. Do some research on the various boards. Find a server you wish to play on. Find out which clans play on that server and go directly to their boards and start there .The optimum level to join the Academy is 15. If you join higher you're drastically reducing the ammount of reputation points which you contribute to the clan upon your graduation from the Academy.

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris

• MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481

I would give the 14 day trial a go, afterall, it is not costing you anything.  Depending on what type of gamer you are, you wil either love it or loathe it.  Although not a hardcore gamer, there is something that always draws me back to this title.  Perhaps I am a masochist.

You have to gind, grind, and then grind some more, and that is just to get to a mid-level.  The trick is to to use the asian mentality and to turn the grind into a social part of the game.  Then it becomes fun.  If you look on the official game-site forun, check out a thread written by Jute.  She basically has written an auto-biography on her L2 career, right from when she started, and it is a very entertaining read ( and one that brought me back to the game for  a little while).

Don't expect to get abywhere in two weeks.  But the way to view this game (at least the way I do it). os tp think of it as the unltimate, hardcore game.  Presenting you with an awesome challenge.  I like this umcomprimising approach.

However, I had best warn you.  The game is riddled with bots.  So much so, that you will be stuck to find a real person, and even then, it is doubtful they will give you the time of day.  Extremely unfriendly community.

PvP, looks awesome, but again there is a catch.  A lot of players use 3rd party programs, and cheay their way to the top.  Major downer.  Still worth trying.

Once you have, download the free2play game Shaiya which is equally attractive graphic wise.  It is very similar to L2, but without being ruined by boits.  Then I would draw up my conclusions.

In Shaiya - onc you get to 50 in normal mode, you unlock Hard, then after that unlock Ultima.  Which if  you die within 3 mins with no rezing....PERMADEATH!  Cruel. but am awesome approach.  Anyway, try both, and then ask why a you should pay for L2 when Shaiya is free.