Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After inserting the WoW disk nothing happens?

demisemagusdemisemagus Member Posts: 15

Today, my birthday=] I bought a new mmo(wow). I just got it home and put the disk in and...nothing! I have all the requirements and I remember installing Wow on the EXACT same computer for my brother last year(through the computer, no disk). What is wrong? I want to play the game already. Nothing comes up and there is nothing wrong with CD drive. Do I need a DvD drive to install WoW by disk?

Help!

Comments

• demisemagusdemisemagus Member Posts: 15

I know someone knows.

• SpeedMannSpeedMann Member UncommonPosts: 333

maybe the drive isn't set for autorun. Go into my computer, find your drive, right click select autorun or just double click the drive icon with your cd in. other wise im not sure.

==================================================
    Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Sometimes there is no auto-popup when you stick a CD into the drive.  Click on start>My Computer.  Then double-click on the CD-drive.  It should startup then.

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Hey OP buddy.. I understand that you "just wanna play" but please take the time to check out the World of Warcraft box it came in. My guess is that you are trying to put a DVD into a CD player on your PC.

Most of the WoW retail boxes I've seen on the shelves the past couple of years are the DVD version. If it is the CD version, there will be like 10 CD's, not just one or two that you'll find in the DVD format.

If it is a DVD and you don't have a DVD player on your computer then:
    You can either download the client and use your code on your box to get your free 1st month with a new account... or DVD players are VERY affordable now. Check at www.newegg.com where you can get DVD burners and players alike for only $25 or so. Installation is fairly easy as well... Just follow the instructions or get a person halfway familiar with computers to install it for you. There's gotta be tons of help websites online that will show you step-by-step procedures for installing the DVD burner or player with photos. Really, it's not hard.. 5 minute job if you even halfway know what you are doing.

Let me know if it IS a DVD game you bought and what you need help with... I'll be more then happy to give you links to whatever you want help with.

- Zaxx

• demisemagusdemisemagus Member Posts: 15

Yeah, I figured I would have to do that...got a 30 dollar dvd drive from walmart=] today. Considering I'm 13 and have only had a few clunker computers putting it in was kind of easy, but for someone who knows their stuff  it would have been a living hell. My eMachines desktop barely meets the WoW requirements though=/ It said I need 8 mb more RAM, but it seems fine. Unless I come across some money or I convince my parents a new computer would help me further my education I'm stuck with this so I guess I'm gonna half to get used to it. Anyway thanks for your help. Going to be able to play after this patch downloads...

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

I feel for you. I use to HATE working on emachines and those low end version Dells when I was a tech repair guy.

Those things were horrid. Honestly I was surprised to see that they even worked considering the shoddy components they use and the bare minimum memory, video cards (if any) etc.

Good luck with that.

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

Originally posted by demisemagus

Yeah, I figured I would have to do that...got a 30 dollar dvd drive from walmart=] today. Considering I'm 13 and have only had a few clunker computers putting it in was kind of easy, but for someone who knows their stuff  it would have been a living hell. My eMachines desktop barely meets the WoW requirements though=/ It said I need 8 mb more RAM, but it seems fine. Unless I come across some money or I convince my parents a new computer would help me further my education I'm stuck with this so I guess I'm gonna half to get used to it. Anyway thanks for your help. Going to be able to play after this patch downloads...

Have fun!

"After inserting the WoW disk nothing happens?"

You this is how a lot of us feel these days... :D