Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there way to start over at CL1?

DailusDailus Member Posts: 80

Still trying to decide on whether or not to use my vet trial, but if I do can I start my exsisting character over at level1? Since I haven't played regularly since August 2005 I think it might be easier to start fresh from the beginning, but I'd like to retain my items like my ship and BARC.

I did go back and try the game sometime after the NGE was released, think it was the summer of 2006, but was really upset with the chnages and didn't give the game a fair shake. I was so angry I probably only spent an hour in game then LoL. Can I reset my levels and go through the tutorial or should I forget about my origanil character and start from scratch?

-Dailus

Comments

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803

You should be able to create a second toon on your primary galaxy as the second toon was instituted for everyone in December of 2005, who will start out at level 1 and you can grind the toon up.  You can transfer items (alas, not off the datapad) by having both toons on admin in a house and leaving the items there.

To transfer datapad items you'll need to have a trustworthy third party hold them temporarily to transfer to the new toon.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630

You can also use the respec NPC and select a lower level if you wish.

• smg777smg777 Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by Dailus

Still trying to decide on whether or not to use my vet trial, but if I do can I start my exsisting character over at level1? Since I haven't played regularly since August 2005 I think it might be easier to start fresh from the beginning, but I'd like to retain my items like my ship and BARC.
    I did go back and try the game sometime after the NGE was released, think it was the summer of 2006, but was really upset with the chnages and didn't give the game a fair shake. I was so angry I probably only spent an hour in game then LoL. Can I reset my levels and go through the tutorial or should I forget about my origanil character and start from scratch?
     -Dailus

Whatever you do don't pay for anything until you've tried it for a while. If you hated it in 2006 you'll hate it now. You can either use your vet trial and start a new character or go sign up for the free trial at www.tryswg.com but I'd hate to see you waste your money on this game.

• SWGcasualtySWGcasualty Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by Gutboy

You can also use the respec NPC and select a lower level if you wish.

Uh, no you can't.

You respec to whatever level you are currently as long as you are staying in the same catagory of profession.

Entertainer - Crafter - Combat

If you go from one to the other you may start at level 1 if you have never gained any in that catagory before.

*edit* Also if you have a Profession Restart Kit, which was an Anti-Decay kit, you can start over at level one.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

The Profession Restart Kits will drop you down to level 1 no matter what level/profession your currently are.  These were Anti-Decay Kits back pre-nge.

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803
    Originally posted by Obraik

The Profession Restart Kits will drop you down to level 1 no matter what level/profession your currently are.  These were Anti-Decay Kits back pre-nge.

My anti-decay kit, now a profession restart kit, is still on what was once a fairly uber DL 44 metal pistol.  It was custom made for me by our guild WS.   Still use it on my main when he's running around trying not to be an obvious lightsaber wielding asshat.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi