Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Risk Your Life: Our Exclusive 100 Beta Giveaway!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

We are proud to announce our latest contest which we bring to you in cooperation with PlanetWide Games...the Risk Your Life 100 Beta Giveaway!  On August 10, 2004 at 9PM we will draw 200 tickets from the entries - the first 100 people to claim their tickets will win a beta account!

NOTE: This contest is only open to residents of US/Canada - this is because this version of RYL can only be played if you live in North America.

To enter the contest - please follow this link.  Good luck!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• agentcipheragentcipher Member Posts: 223

Well, I'm quite confused by this... I was under the impression that RYL was in Open Beta already, considering what I've read from their website. Does anyone have any information that they can use to shed some light on the situation here? I'd appreciate any info you have at all.

---------------------------

---------------------------

free ipods

Proof it's not a scam

• NubboiNubboi Member Posts: 13
    From what I know, the open beta is the Malaysian version. Planetwide games is developing a North American version of Risk Your Life, which should be going into closed beta soon.

• darkmandarkman Member UncommonPosts: 767

I figured people would be confused, and that's why I'm here :).

Ok, let's start off with a little Backroung. Youkiland, being the main publisher, is the company who is in charge of giving certain companies publishing rights to Risk Your Life. Now, you figure, like most games out there, they would just give it to one company to do an english version, one company to do a thailand version, one company to do korean version, etc... But Youkiland decided against this, and decided instead to do publishing based on region. So, instead of one english version, you have two english versions, and even more possibly soon enough.

So, Planetwide Games (from here on, PWG), became the official publisher of the North American region after getting a license from Youkiland, while CiB Net Station, remains as the Malaysian publisher of the game, and both will remain in English. What will be different than each of these versions? PWG has rights to modify anything but the core, so that could mean, make new items, make new quests, hold in-game events, those kind of things, and of course, servers closer to home and in my opinion, better support.

Oh, side note, right now, europeans are allowed to play, and PWG will even try to allow them to pay monthly for this version, but I believe there is a European deal in the works, just don't know when it's going to come.

Hope that clears things up :).

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

I have a question now that i think a lot of people will also be curious to know.

You mentioned that Europeans will be allowed to use the NA Servers prior to their own. Will any other "Regions" also have access... to the NA Servers? image

- Malkavian image

"When you find youself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I already entered. ADMINS: you will be Risking Your Life if i don't win . . .

just kidding image

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Originally posted by Malkavian

I have a question now that i think a lot of people will also be curious to know.
    You mentioned that Europeans will be allowed to use the NA Servers prior to their own. Will any other "Regions" also have access... to the NA Servers? image
     - Malkavian image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

Beta wise, I know anyone is allowed to be in, as for plans for retail, the only information I have heard from them is that they are trying to make partnerships so that Europeans will be allowed to pay, as for others, I have no idea really, sorry.

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

I can only laugh.... image

EDIT: not at you Dark but Riki... Post delay sindrome...

- Malkavian image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

erm whats so different about the old RYL contest tho?

i mean is it still gonna be the sucky engine? or can anyone vouch that RYL is a much better play than it was 2 months ago?

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

• Amd64_FX_53Amd64_FX_53 Member Posts: 421
    when do they say the winners?

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://eq2imperium.proboards15.com/index.cgi

Imperium Acranum rapped me

Well, this is going to be a later version than the malaysian one, but the core elements are still in the game, so if you were looking for a core change, nope. As for what's new, Guilds, ton of new quests, modified engine graphics wise, music, etc..

Also, drawing will be August 10th, read the contest :).

• MooglesMoogles Member Posts: 23
    O hope they increase the droprate the prices are so high for sorccerers  image

A Moogle Has Many Friends

• ghostpyroghostpyro Member Posts: 1

When the beta accounts ar given away are we still going to use our beta accounts on the old servers? Or is there going to be an account wipe and only the beta account winners going to be able to play?
    ::::29::

• NeomanNeoman Member Posts: 8

Yay, I won a spot! Go me.

• clcwolfclcwolf Member Posts: 5

Yeah, me too. So ...what now? I guess we will get an email with details once everyone is selected?

• AdoraAdora Member Posts: 320
    I am wondering that myself. I have also won a spot and have no clue what to do next. Anyone know what to do from here?imageThanks!

• ferilmasterferilmaster Member Posts: 177
    I've won it too,all you can do now is wait until they inform you of what to do next, and of course, if you haven't already, confirm you've won.

------------------
    Alliance Chars:
    ~Drakthol, Destromath PVP server
    Level 52 Dwarf Hunter

Horde Chars:
    ~Foorinore, Archimonde PVP server
    Level 11 troll priest

Drakthol

• BildgeratBildgerat Member Posts: 85

Woot I am in, now the waiting begins

I will look forward to seeing many of you online

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

• StarofShadowStarofShadow Member Posts: 7

Why i can't join because I am English?

--------
    Don't Forget That Iam a Star of SHADOW
    --------

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

NooooO! I had a winning ticket but I wasent home on that timeimage Well cant do anything about it now...Have fun with the game thoes of you who won it image

Xclipz
    --------
    Waiting for:
    World of Warcraft
    ------------------------

• clcwolfclcwolf Member Posts: 5

Did anyone get any more information on this yet? I was hoping to try this out this
    weekend, but I have not heard anything more at all.

• VakktnVakktn Member Posts: 746
    Has anyone gotten any beta info yet? I havent gotten anything in either email or private mail... wondering if they forgot about us =(

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    I believe their being sent by mail. IF they weren't then they wouldn't need our Home Address. . . .

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• VakktnVakktn Member Posts: 746

Why the hell would they send it via mail? I think that was just for verfication purposes to see if you were in the US/Canada. They said that they would email us the info as well as send one to our private mail....

• r1tualr1tual Member Posts: 559

I guess the guy from RYL was away for the weekend.  Or he doesnt do anything on the weekends.  I read that on the forums.  So I am expecting today (monday) we will get our emails.

If not then I have no idea.  I am just assuming.

• LSDMiraculixLSDMiraculix Member Posts: 95

i didn't get any key and i am realy sucked of RYL.
    Getting no Key cause the game isn't ready is one thing but the other thing is that it is said we had won and we get no more infos how it will go an.
    At this time I remember how much I love Blizzard!