Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subjob question and more

PhilssPhilss Member Posts: 433

K so here i am again the tarutaru who wanted to be a warrior :P

I have finally rolled white mage and i enjoy it way more , anyway i have some quest about subjob n other .

1-How does it work exatly ? Do you have all the spell of both job ?

2- Do you have to complete a quest for each subjob or only 1 to unlock em all ?

3- What is a good subjob for a white mage ??

4- When grouping , do you DPS at all as a WHM or your job is to heal/cure/buff/debuff .

5- What is the diference between  the rank with you city and the rep you gain from quest ?

6- How do you make GIL past 11 since you group most of the time ??

Thanks for the future answer .

Comments

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900
    Originally posted by Philss

I have finally rolled white mage and i enjoy it way more , anyway i have some quest about subjob n other .

Your sub job is half of your main jobs level except at level 1. So, you only get whatever spells you would have at the level your sub currently is.
    Subjob is basically an ability. So yeah, you'd only need to do the quest once.
     Black Mage when starting out. Maybe Summoner later on and possibly Red Mage.

4- When grouping , do you DPS at all as a WHM or your job is to heal/cure/buff/debuff .
    A White Mage does exactly that, white magic. They have virtually no damaging spells except for a few. Pretty much their job is to heal. If there is no Red Mage to do so, then enfeeble.
    5- What is the diference between  the rank with you city and the rep you gain from quest ?
    Country Ranks are for missions only to progress in the storyline. You have to build up rank points to continue rank missions by redoing missions or trading in crystals to the gate guards. Quests are what is for fame so you can unlock more important quests when you get higher fame and also lowers vendor prices.
     Sell the drops you get. But, you won't be in a party all the time, so you can find something else to do with your time. Can take a shot at crafting or fishing or something like that. Can even farm mobs for drops.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• lilfoolilfoo Member Posts: 38

Yes, you have to buy the scrolls and use them to be able to use the magic.
    You have to do one of the 2 quests to unlock your SJ. After that you never have to do it again or do the other.
     Out of the initial 7 BLM. Out of all of them SMN and SCH shine the best. the course i suggest you take is: BLM to 18 > Unlock SJ > WHM to 37 > unlock advanced Jobs and do what you want.

Heal only. You should though, cao your enfeebleing magic even though you will not be casting it often. just spam Dia when no one is going to die near the end of the fight until your enfeebleing skill is caped at that level.
    Rank is the ability to advance the story line (which is amazing) and more Fame allows you to do the higher level quests.
     Sell your drops, farm a bit, quest for items and sell them, and when you hit 32 i think you can quest the teleport spells and then get money for just casting teleport.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Great advice from both of you guys but just an FYI whm gets the first three teleports dem, mea, and holla at lvl 36 the quests arent difficult as whm but you will need to have some fame for them. Second set of teles which are yhoat and altepa are a little harder but if you crab a friend can be done easily and they are at lvl 38. After that there is Vahzl which is at 42 im not sure how the quest is for that I havent done it yet but im guessing its the harder. Later on you can get teleports that send you to the past to three areas in the past. I dont know what level or how those are aquired though ill get back to you on that but by then im sure you'll know if your a whm

• PhilssPhilss Member Posts: 433

Thanks alot for the answer , so you can complete mission more than 1 time ??? Also how does the airrship exactly work ? Do i need any pre quest to unlock it or i can just fly to jeuno from windurst  when the ship get here ??

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Thanks alot for the answer , so you can complete mission more than 1 time ??? Also how does the airrship exactly work ? Do i need any pre quest to unlock it or i can just fly to jeuno from windurst  when the ship get here ??
    Yeah, you can even skip some missions. But, you don't get any gil rewards when you complete a rank mission that gets you your next rank more than once. Only exception is if you change nations.

You need an airship pass to do that. You can either pay for it, or you get one automatically when you do the mission for rank 5. It costs 500k to buy one. Basically, unless you have someone help you extremely early through all the boss battle and some of the exploring missions up until that point, you won't have it for a while.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• PhilssPhilss Member Posts: 433

Ok thanks again i got a few more question , i have done the first mission for windurst . I had to go to some tower and go tru a fence ETC and when i completed it i didint get anything , no rank or gil . Does that mean i already have rank 1 with the city cause im a taru?

Also how do you see your actual rank and the rep you have with a city ?

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

Ok thanks again i got a few more question , i have done the first mission for windurst . I had to go to some tower and go tru a fence ETC and when i completed it i didint get anything , no rank or gil . Does that mean i already have rank 1 with the city cause im a taru?
    Ok, did you talk to the guard at the gate after you completed it? Also a good idea is to just check out guides for the missions. Check out some help sites like allakhazam or ffxisomepage.

Also how do you see your actual rank and the rep you have with a city ?
     Go into your menu and click status it should be there (a bar with a meter showing how close you are to the next rank). This is for Mission rank (city you start out most likely, windhurst in this case).
    If you are talking about "Fame" which you get with every city and town in the game, there are npc's in each separate area that will give you a message about how famous you are within the city. You'll get a message like "Everyone knows your name" and things along those lines. There are 10 "Fame" ranks. But as I've stated before these are separate compared to Mission ranks.

• lilfoolilfoo Member Posts: 38

Also you only get gil when you "Rank up" in missions. but there are repetable missions in order to get more rank points (to be able to do more missions and the rank up mission) also please check out the wiki for missions b/c that will be your best source for information. wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Windurst_Missions For quick access to windy missions btw :)