Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

P2P?

hey i just wanted to know if we have to P2P in this game cuz in the mmorpg websites says its $13 but in the official website i see nothing that says i have to pay.

Comments

• DentataDentata Member Posts: 33

Yes, this game is pay to play, and is $13.95/month.

The client is free, and there is a 24 game-hour trial, that gives you ample time to understand what the game is about.  If you choose to take advantage of the trial, /chat sqatsi in the game and I'll help you get started.

• KardasKardas Member Posts: 8

this game is too gay to be pay to play! how can this be a pay to play?  it sucks really bad... i'd advice you guys not to play it or else you'll suffer "stupid-zyties" (i made it up, but it can happen) and turn poor for playing it!!!

• Mcnasty05Mcnasty05 Member Posts: 30
    blah
  • alexbjonesalexbjones Member UncommonPosts: 3
    There is nothing wrong with the game. I enjoyed playing it when I had time to. I just got disillusioned by the lack of players online at the times I was able to play it. Thats the only reason I left, the game itself is great, it just doesn't appeal to people who are impatient, want a quick fix or just enjoy violence in games.
    Originally posted by Kardas

this game is too gay to be pay to play! how can this be a pay to play?  it sucks really bad... i'd advice you guys not to play it or else you'll suffer "stupid-zyties" (i made it up, but it can happen) and turn poor for playing it!!!

The fact that people who talk like this aren't in the game is the best advertisement I can think of for trying it.

• anak1anak1 Member Posts: 3

This game has really poor value for such a low budget mmo.

Many resources require several people to collect.

Even the tests require that you have 21 other people vote on your sculpture or sign your petition or learn a move from you.

And then you log in and nobody is ever around.. just miles and miles of vast empty land or abandoned buildings late in the game's progression then there's no point in paying for something you can't even play now is there.

That is my main problem with this game.

The dependancy on other players to progress even when there are none.

It has other quirks and can be alot of fun if there's lots of players and you join a guild but sorry $13 a month is way too much for a game of this type.

I thought that maybe $5 would be more its real value.

Originally posted by anak1

This game has really poor value for such a low budget mmo.
    Many resources require several people to collect.
    Even the tests require that you have 21 other people vote on your sculpture or sign your petition or learn a move from you.
    And then you log in and nobody is ever around.. just miles and miles of vast empty land or abandoned buildings late in the game's progression then there's no point in paying for something you can't even play now is there.
    That is my main problem with this game.
    The dependancy on other players to progress even when there are none.
    It has other quirks and can be alot of fun if there's lots of players and you join a guild but sorry $13 a month is way too much for a game of this type.
    I thought that maybe $5 would be more its real value.

Don't know where you were, but I've never had problems finding people.  Given an event (a sickness that is contagious) that is going on at the moment, I find it harder to avoid people, rather than to find them.

Yup, you do have to interact with people.  If you don't want to do that, there are a number of console games out there that might suit your playing style better.  Yes, this is a small MMORPG, and there aren't 5M subscribers.  But if you found it difficult to find people, it is only through your extraordinary lack of effort.

If you want to try again, go to the Seven Lakes region and talk in regional chat.  We aren't the highest population region, yet I'm certain you will get a reply.  I've never been in a game that helped its new players as much as the people in this game do.  There are few games that allow you to accomplish so much alone if that's what you want to do. 

THere is a 24 gametime hour free trial.  Find out for yourself if you can find people.  THere is a whole organization dedicated to mentoring new players.  Don't let one misguided poster convince you to not find out for yourself.

I played the trial in ATitD 2 and there was only me and another trial guy.

Occasionally I saw a different name off on the horizon but they didn't stick around.

This was near the end of the tale.

During tale 3 beta there were lots of people.

I joined a guild, built stuff, had fun for awhile.

But no way was I going to pay that much to play this game.

When your progression is hampered because you need someone else...  20 some someone elses.

I would give this a 10 for community as it helps build team work and community but maybe a 2 for value.

• Amaranth445Amaranth445 Member Posts: 9
    Why pay to play! it is stupid to do that especially for that much, i played for free and it sucked because i could not do some stuff then i got kicked out. what the heck is with that?http://images.mmorpg.com/images/emoticons/emt_vconf.gif

While the trial is certainly enough to decide if you like the kind of game ATITD is, it isn't nearly enough to have tried even a tiny fraction of what there is to do in the game.  I've been playing for months and there are whole sections of the game I haven't even touched.  I can see people complaining about it not being their kind of game, but saying there isn't much to do is an uninformed comment.

I gladly pay the fee, for me it is well worth it.  The trial is 24 game hours, which is plenty of time to figure out if you like a non-combat game.  It is unique, but not for everyone. 

Well said.

Atitd is a very unique game and not for everyone.

I wouldn't say it's a bad game it's actually very detailed and complex.

That is the beauty of it.

Just not worth that much per month IMO

The game certainly isn't free to play, or isn't intended to be.  There could be a bug that is keeping you from losing access when your trial expired.  Most folks will subscribe before the 24 hours expire, to avoid losing access to their account until the payment is processed, so it isn't something that gets tested that often.  I don't think that this is a very good game to play until the trial expires.  It is a long-term type of game, and there's just too much stuff to possibly see before the trial expires.  I've been in the game since November and there are whole sections of the game, such as beer and wine-making, gem cutting, and some of the art tests that I haven't even looked at.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

I used to play this way back in alpha/beta. It was pretty fun. Unfortunately I have too many monthly fees going on to tack on another. I agree though, its an interesting game.

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• BlueCipherrrBlueCipherrr Member Posts: 5

blah...blah...balh...

Be carefull of what you say, tommorow or today, for the words that you now speak, may be the poison your enemies later seek; Truth

• ABELABELABELABEL Member Posts: 4

i have to pay.

• bfdgdfsgdfgbfdgdfsgdfg Member Posts: 5

blah

• bfdgdfsgdfgbfdgdfsgdfg Member Posts: 5

pay to play,