Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

L2 Questions: HELP!

RasereiRaserei Member UncommonPosts: 1,120

I'm looking into buying this game but I need to know a few things!

1.) Is it possible to solo your way up to the mid to higher levels? (Mainly cause low levels I bet there arent many players)   <--- Note that I will be playing a melee class. Im not sure which one...

2.) As a new player, is it possible to learn the economy and make some good money without buying adena online? I know thats a sketchy question. Think of it this way. IF im grinding mobs, are there items I can find that I can sell to players for a high price. Some games have crafting materials that drop, ect.

3.) Class selection: Completly in the dark. The L2 website wasnt to clear about actual skills the classes get. Im looking for a MELEE class, not a tank. Ide like to use sword and shield but if only tanks use sword and shield then I'de rather 2h sword or something. What classes use cool armor, good at soloing, melee, and decent PvPers?

4.) Is crafting only for dwarf characters?

5.) Is it possible to play this without dual boxing buff characters?

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,210

Originally posted by Raserei

1.) Is it possible to solo your way up to the mid to higher levels? (Mainly cause low levels I bet there arent many players)   <--- Note that I will be playing a melee class. Im not sure which one...
    2.) As a new player, is it possible to learn the economy and make some good money without buying adena online? I know thats a sketchy question. Think of it this way. IF im grinding mobs, are there items I can find that I can sell to players for a high price. Some games have crafting materials that drop, ect.
    3.) Class selection: Completly in the dark. The L2 website wasnt to clear about actual skills the classes get. Im looking for a MELEE class, not a tank. Ide like to use sword and shield but if only tanks use sword and shield then I'de rather 2h sword or something. What classes use cool armor, good at soloing, melee, and decent PvPers?

Depending on class you could solo your way up to higher levels. However, as a melee that will eventually become slow and you will most likely have to buy potions or certain scrolls to compensate for "no buffs". So yes, you don't need a buffer but you do need buffs.

Yes you can learn the economy and if you get a hang of the manor system you could make some money. However, it will take a bit of effort to work the economy. You will have to grind out money quests as well.

If you are going to solo your way up you should probably be either a Destroyer, a Tyrant, or maybe a blade dancer because they get self buffs that help. usually ARchers and mages solo a lot.

As far as teh pvp, archers and mages rule... then daggers in many intances. Then Tyrants, Gladiators (higher lvl for both ) and destroyers can do well.

Crafting is only for dwarf characters with the exception of common craft witch allows you to make some potions, vanity items, etc. This is done in conjunction with fishing.

• EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193

Originally posted by Raserei

Whilst its possbile in context the time that this will take you is not realistic for the average player, the level curve just becomes very steep, especially if you intend to solo it without a back up buffer or healer...
    Everything is possible, however, this is not a question which can be answered in a simple manner. There is a number of issues which you glance over though:
    1. You need to equip yourself in order to gain the freedom to make "extra" money, so any mats you get you will need to keep for yourself. If you intend on buying your stuff as opposed to crafting it then you still need to finance your consumables which in turn extends the time in which you will acquire the equipment as you change grades.
    2. High price items generally come from high level encounters. You will have no such options when you start the game. Even if you are lucky enough to get a whole item drop in D or C grade , it will not net you much income unless you can over enchant it which in turn is fraught with risk and costs more money...

The skill descriptions are somewhat bland, but it is similarly difficult to go through them all and describe the pro's and con's of each skill as they are subjective in their effect. That is they are based on your characters equipment (assuming level parity). If you spend the time and look through the official website you can make yourself a list of various attacks. The description of how skill power translates into p.atk or m.atk can be found on the boards. If you have no luck I can see if I can find it for you. Cool looking armour is impossible to even comment on as its completely subjective and I'm biased anyway and think that most armours are cool looking.. (just not on LEs' ><). Very few classes are good at soloing in the true sense of it and none past 50. All will need at least a buffer to make efficient progress.  Again PvP is a separate issue, clases in L2 are role based so damage dealers will find it a lot easier to PvP because thats their specialty. Other classes will require some significant equipping to put up a decent fight.
     If your're talking armour and weapons then yes. All classes have basic craft which allows you to make all sorts of nifty things from fashion items to consumable potions.
    Yes, make friends.
    Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 4,449

Originally posted by Sovrath

If you are going to solo your way up you should probably be either a Destroyer, a Tyrant, or maybe a blade dancer because they get self buffs that help. usually ARchers and mages solo a lot.
    Sorry, but what exactly gives you the idea that Tyrants would be solo friendly ? In my understanding, they are the worst solists in the game, except for healers.

For example, dagger users are much better than Tyrants, because

1. They dont hurt themselves during battle to increase their damage (Tyrant's Fist Fury)

2. They seem to have better defense (not sure).

3. They deal about the same damage, maybe even more than the Tyrant, and highest levels.

4. They can pick their fights - avoid those they dont want, pick single mobs from crowds, etc.

5. They heal faster when resting (at least the Hawkeye does that).

I really dont know any melee class thats really solo friendly as such, though. Destroyers might not be too bad, and Dark Avenger should be quite good, but thats it.

Please set a sig so I can read your posting even if somebody "agreed" etc with it. Thanks.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,210
    Originally posted by Adamantine

Originally posted by Sovrath

Sorry, but what exactly gives you the idea that Tyrants would be solo friendly ? In my understanding, they are the worst solists in the game, except for healers.

For example, dagger users are much better than Tyrants, because

1. They dont hurt themselves during battle to increase their damage (Tyrant's Fist Fury)

2. They seem to have better defense (not sure).

3. They deal about the same damage, maybe even more than the Tyrant, and highest levels.

4. They can pick their fights - avoid those they dont want, pick single mobs from crowds, etc.

5. They heal faster when resting (at least the Hawkeye does that).

I really dont know any melee class thats really solo friendly as such, though. Destroyers might not be too bad, and Dark Avenger should be quite good, but thats it.

I've seen Tyrants mow through mobs like grass. Provided they are killing green mobs I don't see why they would have too much down time.