Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hmm.... do you think the cash shop is a ripoff???

AznChimpGuyAznChimpGuy Member Posts: 29

This is what i think the cash shop is a ripoff because

1------ITS EXSPENSIVE!!!!!! -nx cash 10000 10$ 50000 50$ 30000 30$ If you get 10000 nx cash you get like 2-5 items if you get 30000 you get like 5-8 items if you get 50000 you get 10-???

2 You get hacked you dont have it anymore

3 YOU WASTE MONEY ALL BECAUSE OF DAT CRAP

Comments

• theundesiredtheundesired Member Posts: 5

I do think the cash shop is too expensive, considering that the items expire after 90 days.

Hackers can't take your cash shop items because you can't trade, transfer or drop them. If yours have disappeared, most likely they expired.

• ShoalShoal Member Posts: 1,156

So don't play if you don't like it.

It is their game, their economy, their business model.

Just move on to something else and take your $ elsewhere.

• mtgsongmtgsong Member Posts: 51

Well, I agree with you about the ripoff cash shop.

But on the other hand it is good for their economy, and plus hackers can't have the cash shop items permanently.

Guessing you only use cash shop if you really, really, i mean "really love it" then I guess it not that much of a ripoff.

-to me if cash shop is not permanently, it's a ripoff.. well just to me only

• UniveUnive Member Posts: 133

Yes the cash shop is a rip off and nexon knows it. Thats how they make their money though. For example when you start your first character there is no basic assistance on the skills you should put your points into. So now im a lvl 40 wizard and just found out recently that I needed magic gaurd. So im going to have to spend 30 dollars to buy their "ONE POINT RESKILL" that costs 2800 NX cash each just to get magic gaurd to lvl 18 and 20 is the max. My magic gaurd is lvl 3 right now. Any newb could have made that exact same mistake. Personally ive got money and I refuse to start over lol. :P

• weijiaziggyweijiaziggy Member Posts: 2

I don`t think so...

• IsUberLeetIsUberLeet Member Posts: 104

I don't like it, I know Nexon needs money and I think a cash-shop is a way to go about that but I don't enjoy having my money dissapear in 90 days, I'll keep playing non-cash-shop games thank you very much, just an opinion though.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

I hate cash shops. To me they are all a rip-off

?

• AznChimpAznChimp Member Posts: 35

WHOA THIS AZNCHIMPGUY COPIED MY NAME!!!!! ITS MY TWIN!!!!

AznChimp and his other self ShigideyDawg

• anigousanigous Member UncommonPosts: 113

I find that some games that are considered "cheap" have items that last about 30ish or so days. Maplestory gives you three months. Also gachapon lasts forever ;). Though that ties in with hacks because get hacked get items stolen, so good point. I have figured if it covers your avi its worth it so its not much to be said. This game has been good to me and i never got hacked ever. So dont whine about "i got hacked" cuz its your fault for not having a scanner and a decent firewall.

"i have a lvl 26 maplestory warrior lvl 9 asda story archer and a adventure quest mage lvl 15 and my xfire is my bro's"

• KivotKivot Member Posts: 44

I agree. I can't believe people waste this much money just to make their characters to look cool.

• NatukuNatuku Member Posts: 7

Some NX is expensive but u can pay $10 for 10,000 and get 10 new face expressions. xP

That and the thing about the 90 days is a lil bit sucky buuuut i usually only buy the NX for Gachapon tickets 11 for 10,000 nx and if u know a good gach place witch i do then u get lots of money in the game from selling really good items like gooood scrolls and equips cuz today i got 7 million mesos in literaly 2-3 minutes with my gachapon items and put them all in a shop to sell. So I would say no Cash shop is not a waste of money. Only for ppl who pay money like every week thats there problem/choice so its ok then. xD

• AznChimpAznChimp Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by Natuku

Some NX is expensive but u can pay $10 for 10,000 and get 10 new face expressions. xP
    That and the thing about the 90 days is a lil bit sucky buuuut i usually only buy the NX for Gachapon tickets 11 for 10,000 nx and if u know a good gach place witch i do then u get lots of money in the game from selling really good items like gooood scrolls and equips cuz today i got 7 million mesos in literaly 2-3 minutes with my gachapon items and put them all in a shop to sell. So I would say no Cash shop is not a waste of money. Only for ppl who pay money like every week thats there problem/choice so its ok then. xD

wow i guess ur one of them..................

AznChimp and his other self ShigideyDawg

• NatukuNatuku Member Posts: 7

Nope as i said in another ms post i never buy all the time and no were close to $100 i just think its there choice to do w/e.... And gach items last forever so.....lol its ok......

• ItsAlexItsAlex Member UncommonPosts: 32

If you think 5 bucks for 5k nx is a ripoff, then you shouln't even mention MapleEurope(eMS)

There the prices are 5,000 nx for 5 euro, and since the currecy for 1 dollar is 0.6 euro = around 8,3$ for 5,000 nexon cash.

• DemonTaoistDemonTaoist Member Posts: 23

Maple Story was the most expensive game I ever played.

At the level I was when I stopped, the best places for me to train were all at maps where the mobs could 2 shot me.  So a little lag and bam,  $2.50 for a safety charm.

Randomly I tried playing today. 2x exp cards are frickin crazy expensive btw! I tried to play without charms. Died once, lost like 3 hours worth of exp. Logged out.

• ItsAlexItsAlex Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Originally posted by DemonTaoist

Maple Story was the most expensive game I ever played.

At the level I was when I stopped, the best places for me to train were all at maps where the mobs could 2 shot me.  So a little lag and bam,  $2.50 for a safety charm.

Randomly I tried playing today. 2x exp cards are frickin crazy expensive btw! I tried to play without charms. Died once, lost like 3 hours worth of exp. Logged out.

Heh, you think it's expesive to buy saftey charm and some x2 cards(btw, just a suggestion, do not buy saftey charms, try to play without them. Just buy alot of potions and stay to PQs.) Cause I know some friends of mine spending up to 50 bucks daily on gachapon, they are wasting their money ;).

• deadsun7deadsun7 Member Posts: 112

basicly the cash shop isn't worth much and no one really pays money on the game much anymore even though its availible. With the addition of the trade area you see high lvl players selling stuff for NX to buy the stuff they need. Even though I've met people who don't think its possible, its simple... people pay A LOT for quest items that drop from monsters they can't kill. in about a 3 days time i got about 1.2k of NX from just trading off meaningless junk i would have normally sold while I was leveling. Basicly to many people who play this make the huge mistake of choosing not to do party quests, which makes leveling far longer then what is needed. at level 28 i managed to get to level 31 in only a few hours time doing party quests which would have taken on average about 18 hours to do just killing monsters. If you can learn to get good friends who can help you out with this game its good but to many people don't play it right and it becomes borring.

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!