Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AGE of CONAN...Best MMORPG game to date!!!!

Comments

• HuzzHuzz Member Posts: 163

Originally posted by Exar_Kun

Originally posted by Ascension08

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Originally posted by URMAKER

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

eh, whatever. you guys can go play Wow and it's army of clone games that are all identical.
    Something different and unique, taking the genre forward, is obviously not for everyone.

unless you're a noob you're gonna have all the 2, 3  and 4 button combos macro'd to 1 key. wheres you innovation then?

It's possible. I'm sure lazy people will do it. I've never been much of a fan of macros and scripts myself..I prefer to play the game I'm paying for instead of it playing itself.

ok when you get your ass handed to you for being slower than peoples macro we'll see how long you stick with it.

We could use that your argument for all games then. Some still more popular than others. Lest you forgot there is PvE too :)

Its even easier to macro everything up in an auto attack game, least with this one you have to pay attention to what your doing more so, instead of the one button setup videos as seen in WoW.

Agree...

This is a game that is easy to get into and hard to master.  It's a breath of fresh air really.

Why? I'm assuming you mean melee, because spellcasters/ranged are no harder (from what I've seen) than other games. Targetting is not hard. Cone damage is even easier. So, for melee, lets see what you have to master.

Reactionary combat; hitting left if he's defending right, and defending right if he's hitting left. If you have reflexes and a good system, how is this hard? Once you learn combos (and Funcom makes them easier to execute) will you have to think about them? It's new, but I don't think it's hard to master. (By master I'm not talking about you can block every single attack and retaliate with lightning speed, obliterating your enemy with your eyes closed.) If this is going to become the new standard for combat, so be it, but the "wow!!!" factor will probably be gone soon.

No....

I mean the game as a whole. Take the "stealth" system for example. This is a system that takes so much into account (class, armor, lighting, time of day, distance, los) and that is just one of Many, Many, elements to this game. It's simply amazing how much detail is in this game. This is a true thinking mans game...very mature, very end game friendly.

It's complexity reminds me of Pre-CU SWG...Very grown up game.

yea stealth is amazing i love playing my assassin. but one thing is kinda weird.. for all the realism with, armor, lighting, ect taken into account. you can still stealth right in front of someones face and stand right on top of them and they'll never see you :D, but that's why they gave you search i guess.

the game is great and i love it :D just minor stuff that will get sorted out before launch i'm sure

• Exar_KunExar_Kun Member Posts: 242

Originally posted by Huzz

eh, whatever. you guys can go play Wow and it's army of clone games that are all identical.
    Something different and unique, taking the genre forward, is obviously not for everyone.

unless you're a noob you're gonna have all the 2, 3  and 4 button combos macro'd to 1 key. wheres you innovation then?

It's possible. I'm sure lazy people will do it. I've never been much of a fan of macros and scripts myself..I prefer to play the game I'm paying for instead of it playing itself.

ok when you get your ass handed to you for being slower than peoples macro we'll see how long you stick with it.

We could use that your argument for all games then. Some still more popular than others. Lest you forgot there is PvE too :)

Its even easier to macro everything up in an auto attack game, least with this one you have to pay attention to what your doing more so, instead of the one button setup videos as seen in WoW.

Agree...

This is a game that is easy to get into and hard to master.  It's a breath of fresh air really.

Why? I'm assuming you mean melee, because spellcasters/ranged are no harder (from what I've seen) than other games. Targetting is not hard. Cone damage is even easier. So, for melee, lets see what you have to master.

Reactionary combat; hitting left if he's defending right, and defending right if he's hitting left. If you have reflexes and a good system, how is this hard? Once you learn combos (and Funcom makes them easier to execute) will you have to think about them? It's new, but I don't think it's hard to master. (By master I'm not talking about you can block every single attack and retaliate with lightning speed, obliterating your enemy with your eyes closed.) If this is going to become the new standard for combat, so be it, but the "wow!!!" factor will probably be gone soon.

No....

I mean the game as a whole. Take the "stealth" system for example. This is a system that takes so much into account (class, armor, lighting, time of day, distance, los) and that is just one of Many, Many, elements to this game. It's simply amazing how much detail is in this game. This is a true thinking mans game...very mature, very end game friendly.

yea stealth is amazing i love playing my assassin. but one thing is kinda weird.. for all the realism with, armor, lighting, ect taken into account. you can still stealth right in front of someones face and stand right on top of them and they'll never see you :D, but that's why they gave you search i guess.

the game is great and i love it :D just minor stuff that will get sorted out before launch i'm sure

lol...

I think the bigger problem is the fact I can "one shot" a guy. I think right now the powers that be will learn a lot about the balance issues that exsist with the Rogue class as a whole. As much as I hate it...they are going to have to turn the DPS down a bit.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

I for one found it ok. I like it but not getting too excited over it. I mean it was very limited pvp nothing else. I will try it out im sure but not going to get all worked up over it. Best mmo to date i wouldn t say that :) Good sure, will keep me occupied till WAR comes out possible, but who knows. Better then whats out there atm anyways, but who knows what the rest of the game will be like. Could be great, could be not so great.

• LordRelicLordRelic Member Posts: 281

One word...AMAZING!!!!
    This game really has it all together.  It has all the elements you want in an MMORPG.
    1) Spectacular Graphics
    2) Excellent Content
    3) NEW, FUN, and INTERESTING UI
    4) Great backstory that allows RP guys to really get into game.
    5) When the RANGER profession is taken down a notch, PVP will be FANTASTIC!
    6) So much to do and see and so little time to get it all in
    7)  Character Customization ranks up there with CoH
    8) Game play is FAST, FURIOUS, and down right FUN!!!
    9) This is a game that if managed the right way will provide Millions of players years of fun.
    10) This is a game that is easy to get into but very difficult to master.
    The funny thing is I have only seen a very small part of the game. I could go on and on! The bottom line is, this could be the best MMORPG ever made. I can't wait to get into this badboy on May 17th!!!

Someone jumped on the "Yay positive reviews for a few days, this game must be the second coming of Christ for MMOs!!" train. Glad you're excited, but I dont think this will go past 200k CONSISTENT subs once all the hype has died away.

well thats what you get for thinking....... why dont you just stop thinking wait and see if it does good or does bad instead of blowing smoke out your butt in any direction....... thinking only makes you seem like a jack ass when you are wrong, high expectations only get you bumbed out in the end.   So just wait and see and stop this ITS GONNA PAWN ALL NOOB!!!! or ITS GONNA SUCK MONKEY  BASEBALLS!! crap and just wait

• HuzzHuzz Member Posts: 163

Originally posted by Huzz

Agree...

No....

lol...

I think the bigger problem is the fact I can "one shot" a guy. I think right now the powers that be will learn a lot about the balance issues that exsist with the Rogue class as a whole. As much as I hate it...they are going to have to turn the DPS down a bit.

lol yea ^^ a stealth attack can be very powerfull but it's very unreliable.. usually i miss due to some weird bug. i will be facing them and then when i attack it'll turn my  screen the oppiste way around and never hit them. but 1-2 combos usually sets casters down. melee is a different story.. stealth attack is basicly worthless vs high armor classes :D

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980
    Originally posted by LordRelic

One word...AMAZING!!!!
    This game really has it all together.  It has all the elements you want in an MMORPG.
    1) Spectacular Graphics
    2) Excellent Content
    3) NEW, FUN, and INTERESTING UI
    4) Great backstory that allows RP guys to really get into game.
    5) When the RANGER profession is taken down a notch, PVP will be FANTASTIC!
    6) So much to do and see and so little time to get it all in
    7)  Character Customization ranks up there with CoH
    8) Game play is FAST, FURIOUS, and down right FUN!!!
    9) This is a game that if managed the right way will provide Millions of players years of fun.
    10) This is a game that is easy to get into but very difficult to master.
    The funny thing is I have only seen a very small part of the game. I could go on and on! The bottom line is, this could be the best MMORPG ever made. I can't wait to get into this badboy on May 17th!!!

Someone jumped on the "Yay positive reviews for a few days, this game must be the second coming of Christ for MMOs!!" train. Glad you're excited, but I dont think this will go past 200k CONSISTENT subs once all the hype has died away.

well thats what you get for thinking....... why dont you just stop thinking wait and see if it does good or does bad instead of blowing smoke out your butt in any direction....... thinking only makes you seem like a jack ass when you are wrong, high expectations only get you bumbed out in the end.   So just wait and see and stop this ITS GONNA PAWN ALL NOOB!!!! or ITS GONNA SUCK MONKEY  BASEBALLS!! crap and just wait

Oh god. I'm sorry. Thinking is bad? There's been plenty of threads that say what you say anyways, let us have our fun

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

Honestly....This could be the game of the year!

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Remember my 200k comment

Plus, this isn't the whole game yet. It COULD be, yeah. Don't go crazy though.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

Erm... not a chance LOL

We got GTA4 out in a few days.. and Starcraft2 is out this year.  A niche game like AoC has no chance.

Hmm one word WAR

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

Originally posted by coffee

Erm... not a chance LOL

We got GTA4 out in a few days.. and Starcraft2 is out this year.  A niche game like AoC has no chance.

Oh goodie. Those will be TRUE competition for games like AoC.

Oh wait....they're like...a completely different genre!!! 

Comparing APples to Oranges anyone?

• PunknaughtPunknaught Member Posts: 92

Hmmm so many complaints about class balance.

And if you say WOW had class balance at launch your so full of it.

They only changed the classes like 3 times right before release and then another 3 in the first 6 months..some took even longer and now look its nearly every patch.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183
    Originally posted by singsofdeath

Erm... not a chance LOL

Oh goodie. Those will be TRUE competition for games like AoC.

Oh wait....they're like...a completely different genre!!! 

Comparing APples to Oranges anyone?

Besides, I don't honestly think sequels should be considered in the same class as a new game, with new mechanics and concepts.

• waverat81waverat81 Member Posts: 287
    Originally posted by Punknaught

Hmmm so many complaints about class balance.
    And if you say WOW had class balance at launch your so full of it.
    They only changed the classes like 3 times right before release and then another 3 in the first 6 months..some took even longer and now look its nearly every patch.

Not to mention certain classes (pallys and hunters for example) didn't even have talents till 2 weeks before launch haha. 

• jus10datljus10datl Member Posts: 45

I love how a lot of people talk like they have played the game forever and know everything about it and give it a NEGATIVE review. C'mon people we all know the highest level PvP is going to be the most exciting. How fun is your lvl 20 WoW pvp when everyone has 1/3 of their moves? The lvl 20 OP pvp classes were not the most OP at lvl 70 (I speak from 2 1/2 years of WoW experience but I do not play anymore).

On the other hand the person that always gets bashed is the guy thats really excited and happy with the game. Lets wait to diss the game until we see the end game and in-game community because those are what will make or break AoC.

IMO...

It's the best game to come along in a LONG time. The innovative combat system is one of a kind. I don't even want to talk about how FANTASTIC the game looks on even a low end computer!

Originally posted by jus10datl

I love how a lot of people talk like they have played the game forever and know everything about it and give it a NEGATIVE review. C'mon people we all know the highest level PvP is going to be the most exciting. How fun is your lvl 20 WoW pvp when everyone has 1/3 of their moves? The lvl 20 OP pvp classes were not the most OP at lvl 70 (I speak from 2 1/2 years of WoW experience but I do not play anymore).
    On the other hand the person that always gets bashed is the guy thats really excited and happy with the game. Lets wait to diss the game until we see the end game and in-game community because those are what will make or break AoC.

I ll say it again i hope it s good but you can t say that the high lvl pvp is going to be better until you ve played it. I won t say it isn t just saying we don t know. As far as even mentioning WOW s pvp at 20 to 70 is funny it s pvp is non existent and WOW isn t advertised as a pvp game. If you can call it pvp at all.  I do hope it s good but noone can really say.

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

Erm... not a chance LOL

Yep!  This is year of Blizzard.  They have the expansion pack for WoW plus Starcraft2.  This is Blizzard's year hands down.  They'll sell 25 million copies of SC2 in Korea alone.  You don't have to take my word for it, but if I had money to invest in stock, I'd be buying me a few shares of Vivendi.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• roach2489roach2489 Member Posts: 55

Age of Conan looks nice and all But it looks like it's trying to be to real.. I mean you need alot of Realistic things into a mmo don't get me wrong but the GOOD Stuff is the Fake stuff.. The combo system looks great it's just.. Well.. I like alot of Eye Candy On weapons/armor and Spells/Abilities and with all the videos i've been seeing well.. I Didn't see a whole lot of eye candy or good abilities.. :( I don't think i'll be getting it because of that.... Deep gamplay is one thing but when the Weapons/Armor/Abilities are Bland plain and boring.. then the mmo experience is ruined.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183
    Originally posted by roach2489

Age of Conan looks nice and all But it looks like it's trying to be to real.. I mean you need alot of Realistic things into a mmo don't get me wrong but the GOOD Stuff is the Fake stuff.. The combo system looks great it's just.. Well.. I like alot of Eye Candy On weapons/armor and Spells/Abilities and with all the videos i've been seeing well.. I Didn't see a whole lot of eye candy or good abilities.. :( I don't think i'll be getting it because of that.... Deep gamplay is one thing but when the Weapons/Armor/Abilities are Bland plain and boring.. then the mmo experience is ruined.

well, it's supposed to be a realistic low-phantasy game. No pink "helmets of uber pwnage" here, sorry to say.

Originally posted by roach2489

well, it's supposed to be a realistic low-phantasy game. No pink "helmets of uber pwnage" here, sorry to say.

Yup hardcore dirty grit!...Blood, Boobs, and Gore! This is not yo momma's MMORPG.

• nemo38nemo38 Member Posts: 143

Some people are so daft. When he said the best game I'm sure he was referring to MMORPG's considering its this websites main focus. GTA and Starcraft 2 are not MMORPG's so how can they be compared?

• OrthedosOrthedos Member Posts: 1,771

If the OP or the other lovers (fanboys whatever) says he is enjoying the game, he is enjoying the game now.  That is good enough.  Yes, he has only gone thru level 1 to 5, so what?  He loved it now, he derives pleasure so far, maybe he is willing to pay for it.  AND keep paying till the pleasure lasts.  That is all about a game.

Who knows what will happen 20 years down the road, who know what will happen in mid game or end game, things can change.  All that matter now is now, as far as a game goes.  We subscribe to play for this month, if we love it enough, we might want to subscribe lifetime if that offer exists, and bet that we will come back time and again to enjoy.  IF we are paying monthly, we need not worry about months down the road, cos we do not know.

What is this theory about ditching or bashing a person's love because he only knows about a game for 2 days?  Do you bash a hushand who love a wife but only know her for a month?

Of course, you do not need to share the enthusiasm.  You can hate the game as much as he love it.  So what?  He plays you don't.  Period.  Why bash him?  What right do you have in laughing him off?

Originally posted by Orthedos

If the OP or the other lovers (fanboys whatever) says he is enjoying the game, he is enjoying the game now.  That is good enough.  Yes, he has only gone thru level 1 to 5, so what?  He loved it now, he derives pleasure so far, maybe he is willing to pay for it.  AND keep paying till the pleasure lasts.  That is all about a game.
    Who knows what will happen 20 years down the road, who know what will happen in mid game or end game, things can change.  All that matter now is now, as far as a game goes.  We subscribe to play for this month, if we love it enough, we might want to subscribe lifetime if that offer exists, and bet that we will come back time and again to enjoy.  IF we are paying monthly, we need not worry about months down the road, cos we do not know.
    What is this theory about ditching or bashing a person's love because he only knows about a game for 2 days?  Do you bash a hushand who love a wife but only know her for a month?
    Of course, you do not need to share the enthusiasm.  You can hate the game as much as he love it.  So what?  He plays you don't.  Period.  Why bash him?  What right do you have in laughing him off?

Yup!...just put up $90 bucks for the CE pre-order! This is one badass game bro!

• SanveanSanvean Member Posts: 85

Erm... not a chance LOL

AoC a niche game? In what way? While I played WoW, I never liked Starcraft and won't be playing SC2 either. GTA4? Meh. Mind you, neither of these games is an MMO anyhow. Will they sell more, likely, but selling more doesn't equal out to a better game.

IMO, you are just a Blizzard fan, which is OK, Blizzard makes amazing games (I have played and raided in WoW since release) and really knows how to market to a broad base of people.

I for one am ready (and have been for some time) for a more mature game that takes things to the next level. AoC is looking more and more like it will fit the bill perfectly.