Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starship Troopers.....2?

2»

Comments

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Originally posted by Tavish
    Does anyone know if they will be basing the book off of the movie or the book?
    If it is based off the movie, no way in hell im gettin it.paying for: PristonTale
    Beta-ing: Outpost, RYL

The game is based off the movie.

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Achiever 46%, Socializer 33%, Explorer 33%

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by Tavish
    Does anyone know if they will be basing the book off of the movie or the book?...

What? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

---------
    Wu Name? Misunderstood Menace

"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    Thomas Jefferson

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by dekron

Just thought I would share this with any of you Starship Trooper fans.  Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation comes out on June 2 on DVD (straight to DVD).  Doesn't look too bad...here is the link
    http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/starshiptroopers2heroofthefederation/index.html

--------------------------------------------
    33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    --------------------------------------------

A little piece of advice. 95% of all movies that go straight to video aren't good. And this is a perfect example hehe.

Sky and Beyond: Developer
    www.skyandbeyond.tk

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270
    ya... i just finished watching a movie called "Chupacabre" (or something) on DVD at a friends place... was one of those "stright to video" ones... pure crap... they used to EXACT same house for 3-4 different people, there were 2 scenes where you could litterally see the "dead" people breathing, and a couple times i found myself wondering "hey wheres that guys gun... i thought he had a gun?" just to have it return in the next scene... it was pretty sad

--------------------------------
    Games Played - Lineage, Lineage 2, Helbreath, RuneScape, EVE Online, Rubies of Eventide, Priston Tale, Tibia, RYL, Dark Eden, Savage Eden, Astonia III, Ashen Empires, El Kardian, Fung Wan Online, Project Entropia, Ultima Online, Ragnarok Online, Redmoon, Star Wars Galaxies, Thesa, Conquer Online, Deloria, Fairyland, MU Online, Legends...

--------------------------------------

Originally posted by BigPeeler
    ya... i just finished watching a movie called "Chupacabre" (or something) on DVD at a friends place... was one of those "stright to video" ones... pure crap... they used to EXACT same house for 3-4 different people, there were 2 scenes where you could litterally see the "dead" people breathing, and a couple times i found myself wondering "hey wheres that guys gun... i thought he had a gun?" just to have it return in the next scene... it was pretty sad

Games Played - Lineage, Lineage 2, Helbreath, RuneScape, EVE Online, Rubies of Eventide, Priston Tale, Tibia, RYL, Dark Eden, Savage Eden, Astonia III, Ashen Empires, El Kardian, Fung Wan Online, Project Entropia, Ultima Online, Ragnarok Online, Redmoon, Star Wars Galaxies, Thesa, Conquer Online, Deloria, Fairyland, MU Online, Legends...

Is that a movie about the cryptid "Chucupra" (I spelt it wrong though) that the porterican government is after? I'm a bit of a crytpooologist myself hehe. image

www.skyandbeyond.tk

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

if by... whatever the hell you said, you mean "crazy goat sucking vampire that all these spanish people wanna hunt down"... or something... then yes ^^... imageimageimage

--------------------------------------

Hehe. That thing has struck my interest for a while now. The president (or whatever they are called there) of Portugal is actually paying money to try to hunt down this thing. I probably won't be watching the movie though.

www.skyandbeyond.tk

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

The Chupacabra is the Hispanic version of the Boogie man.

Chupacabra found?

---------
    Wu Name? Misunderstood Menace

"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    Thomas Jefferson

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • SketchSketch Member UncommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by Malkavian

I was always under the impression that when something went "straight to VHS or DVD" it was because it wouldn't hold up in Theaters.... Ie. It's crap.
    Has anyone seen the VHS version of 2? Is it crap compared to the 1st?

In this case yep. This movie blew hard core. It's really not even deserving of the title. The first was great, loved it... "90210 vs the Bugs". The second was just trying to make money off the title..

But thats not always the Case, three straight to vid movies worth checking out are;

• Crying Freeman (Based off the anime staring Mark Ducoscos, a low budget flick holds very well to the original anime - made in 1995 so it has a 90's feel to it)
    • Donny Darko ( This movie got such good reviews they are planning on moving it into theaters for limited release)
    • Equilibrium (Staring Christian Bale, in a post war future. Good story, great fights. and a new martial art based on gun play)

Those three are worth checking out.

• ziolionsziolions Member Posts: 10
    i saw this movie after it came out a few days after it came out.. its cool all the destruction and all but this movie otherwize suxed ass~!!

http://www.aerith.it/promisedland/ff7ac/images/ff7ac-cloud.jpg

Only Life Matters in this universe... But only hell matters to me....

Only Life Matters in this universe... But only hell matters to me....

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670
    yea #2 pretty much sucked big time. I actualy turned it off an hour into it because it was that bad. And about donnie Darko..Talk about a wierd movie! lol..wasnt my taste though.
  • heinrichoheinricho Member Posts: 252
    saw it a few days ago, someone rented it and brought it to work, we all agreed...IT SUCKED!!!

Heinricho
    Plainsrunning Demo!
    http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/16/

Yeah the only movie i ever trusted that went straight to video was Donnie Darko. Was one of my favorite movies. I will not be seeing Starship Troopers 2 though image.

www.skyandbeyond.tk

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087

It looks hilarious and yet stupid at the same time. Is it going to be a comedy?

p.s. Isn't there going to be another Final Fantasy movie with Cloud and Sefferoth (spelling?)?

www.skyandbeyond.tk

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

• heinrichoheinricho Member Posts: 252
    it has that girl who was in the first season of nip/tuck.  The blonde that doinked Christian.  yes she parades around naked a little.  I don't remember any comedy except in how horrible the movie was.  And it wasn't very comedic.  What I'm saying is that the movie isn't even "notably bad"  Where it's so bad it's worth seeing.  know what I mean?  I list Shark Attack 3: Megladon as notably bad! 

Heinricho
    Plainsrunning Demo!
    http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/16/