Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 to be announced on May 1st ?

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Both Blizzplanet and Diablo3.com have countdowns to an event occurring on May 1st.

Could this be it ?!?

Comments

• gerhard45gerhard45 Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Both Blizzplanet and Diablo3.com have countdowns to an event occurring on May 1st.
    Could this be it ?!?

LOL Blizzard are to stupid to make a Diablo3 all the devs gone what make such  2 great Games Diablo1 and 2

Blizzard melk the Cow WOW that there job now

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

heeeyyyyyy...now there's a Blizzard product that I'd be interested in.

Or better yet, a Diablo MMO.

• zohnnyzohnny Member UncommonPosts: 45

if you click the link for the countdown on blizzplanet youll see its a countdown for a new diablo novel.

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061

Well, we can all hope.

• MedievaldragMedievaldrag Member Posts: 4

Could this be it ?!?

A game announcement would usually be made by Blizzard, specially if a countdown is given.

• AhilesAhiles Member Posts: 414

If u look, its for a new book that is releasing.

• ScriarScriar Member Posts: 772

This event just happens to occur on the day age of conan goes into open beta lol

• keolienkeolien Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

While I too would love a diablo mmo, i doubt blizzards next mmo will be fantasy based. As much success wow has brought blizzard, Im sure they want to attract customers that perhaps just dont like medieval fantasy based games. They would have a greater chance of ruling the world if they came out with starcraft mmo. They already have 10million fantasy based fans. Starcraft would definatly attract the futuristic junkies imo, even if you havn't heard of blizzard or wow before.

But who knows what may 1st holds it sure is getting me all hibbie jibbie.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

if blizzard are goona make an announcment it wont be may 1st.. it will in june at the blizzcon convention.

• hjkhjkhjkhjk Member UncommonPosts: 3

Well is just to wait and we find out :D

• darkgamerxdarkgamerx Member Posts: 311

They always announce something new at blizzcon...and probably will announce their new mmorpg. So probably noting major being announced may 1st

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    Originally posted by zohnny

if you click the link for the countdown on blizzplanet youll see its a countdown for a new diablo novel.

No it's not, mouseover it and look at the bottom of your browser "www.diablo3.com", the countdown in linked to diablo3.com, the image below it is to the book. Not saying that proves anything, just stating cold hard fact.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• gathgath Member Posts: 424

As far as i remember, diablo3.com was not owned by blizzard but by game fans... no?

My "whois" on the domain gives inconclusive info -.-

Senhores da Guerra

• HexxeityHexxeity Member Posts: 848

Have they announced a release date for Starcraft 2 yet?

Just sayin'.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by gerhard45

Could this be it ?!?

LOL Blizzard are to stupid to make a Diablo3 all the devs gone what make such  2 great Games Diablo1 and 2

Could someone please translate this for me?...

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

Originally posted by Tinybina

Could this be it ?!?

He said "I flunked 4th grade grammar".

That help?

• ZuckerZucker Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by miagisan

Originally posted by Tinybina

Could this be it ?!?

He said "I flunked 4th grade grammar".

That help?

"Laugh out loud, Blizzard is to stupid to make Diablo 3 because all the good devs that made it a great game left.

Blizzard milks the money cow which is now WoW, its what they do.'

Theres my translation.

<---- Lazy

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Originally posted by keolien

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

While I too would love a diablo mmo, i doubt blizzards next mmo will be fantasy based. As much success wow has brought blizzard, Im sure they want to attract customers that perhaps just dont like medieval fantasy based games. They would have a greater chance of ruling the world if they came out with starcraft mmo. They already have 10million fantasy based fans. Starcraft would definatly attract the futuristic junkies imo, even if you havn't heard of blizzard or wow before.

But who knows what may 1st holds it sure is getting me all hibbie jibbie.

good point.

• Katashi-kunKatashi-kun Member Posts: 517

I vote for "Underworld of Diablo"  heh

They'd be stupid to release diablo as a primary 1p game.....its all about MMOs on PC these days and WoW proves that!

Kemih ~ 13 Red Mage | Currently playing FFXI & LOTRO, awaiting Warhammer Online & Aion...

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

"LOL Blizzard are to stupid to make a Diablo3 all the devs gone what make such  2 great Games Diablo1 and 2

Blizzard melk the Cow WOW that there job now"

I actually got a laugh from this quote.  All I have to say if they were so talented, how come Hellgate: London is such a porker?  Whereever Diablo I  & 2 came from, it certainly was not from the talent that left blizzard north to make Hellgate.

It is quite obvious to me that they have been working on Diablo III already, been plenty of jobs posted in the past year and the title makes a lot of sense.  People still play Diablo II today, it is a nobrainer to make a new version.

• ScriarScriar Member Posts: 772

Think all the main people went to Arena Net and made guild wars, the rest of the leads went to Flagship studios to make Hellgate.

Btw Guild wars and its expansions have sold millions of copies, and Hellgate has also sold millions of copies all though not in the west since it had a terrible launch, so they must be doing something right to appeal to that many people. ( all though 35 million people watch american Idol so I would not put much faith in numbers lol)

Personally I have not played Hellgate does not appeal to me. Guild wars has far to many instances and no depth imo, although Guild wars 2 looks like it is going to be a true mmo with a lot more depth apparently.

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

"The Veiled Prophet continues Uldyssian's journey toward Kehjan City where his goal is to seek the Mage Clans as allies against Inarius and his Cathedral of Light. The book lays the ground for upcoming Diablo games and novels. "

Hmm..... this proves that another diablo game is coming out, I mean why throw away such a great franchise.

• knives22knives22 Member Posts: 375

Both sites are down, what am i supposed to be looking at here/

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by Ahiles

If u look, its for a new book that is releasing.

That novel was published on September 2007 so thats not it.

• DonAndrewDonAndrew Member Posts: 18

first i dont like either one and wow is close to being on my shit list

Hello everyone im a Game designer from Triad inc. and im looking for wht you people want in an mmorpg