Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best mmorpg for pvp?

demisemagusdemisemagus Member Posts: 15

What are some of the best PvP games out there? I don't like mmorpgs where it is extremely hard to get to the max level. My computer is average, but I have high speed internet. As for pvp I like full looting, I don't really care about anything else.

Some games I've tried, but had a problem with

RuneScape lol-graphics suck, aimed at 10 year olds, did like the type of Pvp

WoW-liked it a lot, but...a few things changed my mind

A number of less popular games, but stopped playing for one reason or another

Comments

• shoneilshoneil Member Posts: 16

guild wars has really good pvp but i got bored with it because of its lack of pve and lvls

if u r gona play guild wars be a dervish tho

do work

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I would suggest that Guild Wars and DAOC have the best PvP of games released. You could also take a look at  the F2P games of Fury, Tantra and silkroad as well. Want to go retro? ShadowBane.

EDIT: Also, Think about EvE Online, if you dont mind the sci-fi genre

Good Luck

Torrential

• thyrenethyrene Member Posts: 50

Lineage II have good pvp. ^_^

61C9CA79-4E44-4ADC-948D-BDF8E60F846D
  • randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Originally posted by demisemagus

What are some of the best PvP games out there?

Not mmorpgs.

Some good ones: ET: Quakewars, battlefield earth series (bf2142 for instance), etc.  FPS's, what.

In the mmorpg genre.. perhaps planetside would be up your alley, if thats still going.  more or less an mmofps game.  Other than that.. it becomes about who raided the biggest boss and can press 1 the fastest, basically.. and isn't very decent pvp as far as actual action goes.  On the other hand even given that, doac was rather fun, especially the whole 3 faction open pvp in frontiers or battlegrounds.  One could hope WAR has the same feel, though the fact that WAR has 2 factions not 3 is already a massive failure.

EvE is alright.. if you dont mind 10 hours of waiting for 30 seconds of pvp :D  PotBS has some decent naval pvp, if you manage to get a fair fight.

• demisemagusdemisemagus Member Posts: 15

Thanks for all your responses. I'm gonna try Guild Wars. My brother wants me to play ff, but I want a life. Guild wars seems like its perfect although I am still considering DAOC.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

Originally posted by thyrene

Lineage II have good pvp. ^_^

I agree.

Having said that you have to "get there".

And quite frankly unless you have a lot off patience and a lot of time you might as well play guild wars (I really like the guild wars pvp as well.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MidavegMidaveg Member Posts: 296

Stick with guildwars till Warhammer Online arrives..

All canceled. Waiting on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning.

• rawrxbradrawrxbrad Member UncommonPosts: 117

Dark Messiah (single player/multi-player)

its a steam game so youll have to d/l that but they have awesome physics =] in game and its kinda like an fps

but with mages assassins knights etc.

go to www.steampowered.com look it up watch the videos

• roamieroamie Member Posts: 115

Guildwars or World of Warcraft I would say.

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

I've seen serval long time L2 players say Shaiya even has better pvp than L2. And good pvp starts since level 1. There are several pvp zones (lvl 1-50, lvl 20-30 and lvl 1-60). It's RvR with 2 sides on the server (dark & Light).

BTW, Shaiya's game art was done by the same designer who also did L2 and Aion (kjun.org), so it got the same look and feel.

• phatpeteyphatpetey Member Posts: 323

There are many PvP only games in the MMORPG genre. I will give you some of them. You got Infinity online, looks like a good game but currently it's still in beta so you will still find some bugs. If you like animé graphics more you could give Grand Chase a try. There is also a game called rakion online wich has fun PvP too bad the servers are pretty laggy.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

As most of the others mentioned, Guild Wars is your best bet. No grind at all. If you haven't picked it up already...you can create a max level PvP character right from the start :)

Its guild wars definately. I tried it at this guy's house last night. Picking it up with the expansions and stuff next week. You guys were a huge help

• VAS28r13VAS28r13 Member Posts: 23

I think NexusTk has good pvp because it's a LOT about skill and practice (carnages, bloodlusts)

PLus the game doesnt require a super computer and stuff like that

Will I need a gaming mouse for GW? I have a gaming keyboard. I never really thought of a mouse. Should I get one or not? And if i should get a gaming mouse please tell me the DPI or a certain model.

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905
    Originally posted by demisemagus

Will I need a gaming mouse for GW? I have a gaming keyboard. I never really thought of a mouse. Should I get one or not? And if i should get a gaming mouse please tell me the DPI or a certain model.

Unless you want a Guild Wars symbol on your mouse, a normal laser mouse is fine.

• SeloSelo Member UncommonPosts: 108

aoc = instanced pvp-exp ala wow wich sucks (instanced pvp is evil!!)

warhammer = warcamps camping for hours, instanced pvp, daoc feeling totally gone unfortunally

(have beta of both)