Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IS THE CLIENT REALLY THIS BIG?!

PopeOnDopePopeOnDope Member Posts: 29

When i looked into playing this game i looked at the requirements for the download, then when i looked at the amout of memory needed and it said 2GB!!!

Now if this is true then this game is just rediculasly big or is it just a typo on the site

http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Comments

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

for a mmo...thats actually quite small.

lay off the caps lock also

• rsrestonrsreston Member UncommonPosts: 346

I agree the client is small for an MMOG. What bothers me is the difficulty to download the installer. I tried some of the options from the official website and none of them went all the way to the end. It's pretty frustrating after you spend valuable time of your life filling stupid forms to register in those websites.  It was hard to find a torrent the SECOND time I try to play this game (1st time was some months ago, I had given up). After you install it, you have to update it. Wow! They let me know they're downloading a patch, and better, they want my consent to do it! Great, if it weren't for that, the bloody game would've updated through the night and I'd be playing it right now, but no! I have to wait for 4 more freaking hours to play it - if there's no other patch. And it's a 1GB patch (my broadband is 1MB).

Aff, the website could have more information, the forums aren't working/updated (so I had to resort to MMORPG.com's), I really hope this game's worth all this trouble.

Updating: the f***ing game couldn't be patched - there was some error during patching, almost at the end due to some .tga file. Everything was f***ed up and now I'm back to downloading 500MB, which will most likely lead to downloading the 1GB patch again. Why do I have the feeling this crap of installer is going to crash again almost at the end? This Fury is almost winning Final Fantasy XI as the game that makes you nuts holding you as long as it can till you actually get inside the game. I've never seen another MMOG that has so many problems during installation/update. Waiting 6 hours from installation to play is one thing, but having to do it over and over? Auran is sure crazy to put up such a crappy service.

• rsrestonrsreston Member UncommonPosts: 346

Originally posted by rsreston

I agree the client is small for an MMOG. What bothers me is the difficulty to download the installer. I tried some of the options from the official website and none of them went all the way to the end. It's pretty frustrating after you spend valuable time of your life filling stupid forms to register in those websites.  It was hard to find a torrent the SECOND time I try to play this game (1st time was some months ago, I had given up). After you install it, you have to update it. Wow! They let me know they're downloading a patch, and better, they want my consent to do it! Great, if it weren't for that, the bloody game would've updated through the night and I'd be playing it right now, but no! I have to wait for 4 more freaking hours to play it - if there's no other patch. And it's a 1GB patch (my broadband is 1MB).
    Aff, the website could have more information, the forums aren't working/updated (so I had to resort to MMORPG.com's), I really hope this game's worth all this trouble.
    Updating: the f***ing game couldn't be patched - there was some error during patching, almost at the end due to some .tga file. Everything was f***ed up and now I'm back to downloading 500MB, which will most likely lead to downloading the 1GB patch again. Why do I have the feeling this crap of installer is going to crash again almost at the end? This Fury is almost winning Final Fantasy XI as the game that makes you nuts holding you as long as it can till you actually get inside the game. I've never seen another MMOG that has so many problems during installation/update. Waiting 6 hours from installation to play is one thing, but having to do it over and over? Auran is sure crazy to put up such a crappy service.
    Ok, I wanna come clean on what I wrote: I was a bit mistaken.

The problem with the installer is not that it is 2 GB - that's still small. The problem is that it installs a 6,5 GB monster on your computer!

Now I had problems because the only installer I could fully download was an ancient version that simply could not be patched to the present one. Ok, I agree, that's a bit dumb. But it wasn't my fault, I really tried to download this game - twice! It was File Planet's download server that yielded the best download rate - 50KB/s. And the download completed! Then it installed, downloaded a quick patch and I started playing. The opening is nice, I liked the art. In-game, even though my hardware is good, it wasn't able to use the high render, which made the game look more than 5 years old... ridiculous.

But what really disappointed me was the combat system. Ok, the essence-trial-ability triad is interesting but not being able to really use my weapons?? All you do is press 123-0-= and that's it?? I didn't really feel controlling my avatar. And the turning is ridiculous - you bend to the side you're turning to like you were a motorcycle. If they make an overhaul with the combat system, I'll give it a try again. Until then, I'll be more than happy to clear my PC of 6,5 GB and sad to see such an interesting game system (essence-trial-ability triad)  kinda wasted on Fury.

• A55A5INA55A5IN Member Posts: 175

But what really disappointed me was the combat system. Ok, the essence-trial-ability triad is interesting but not being able to really use my weapons?? All you do is press 123-0-= and that's it?? I didn't really feel controlling my avatar.

This is kind of off topic as the thread title suggests a discussion on size of the game, but I'm gonna ask anyway seeming as you've sparked my curiosity.

WASD controls movement and however you've setup your attack config (I use numberpad) controls your attacks/abilities  which vary depending on your equipped weapon.

How long did you actually play the game?

How would you prefer the combat system be?

What do you mean 'not able to use my weapons?' ?

Care to expand?

• kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

Fury needs 10GB of space, taken from the game manual.

I remember it being pretty large, one of the reasons I uninstalled it. Unreal Engined games are stupidly large in an irritating way ¬_¬'

So I guess the OP meant 12GB, not 2GB.

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

dont do it..the game sucks

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

Wasn't that Auto Assault mmo 12 gigs installed ? :P

• herojer11herojer11 Member Posts: 14

This is not really small...