Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Graphics? huh?

bigtime102bigtime102 Member UncommonPosts: 177

I didnt notice. Just trying the game again after trying it a few years ago looks the same to me. (yeah i got the trininty thing) Seems the game is doing well, last i logged in there was 13k or so people now i see 28k online. So what do the devs spend all that cash on? real crack? because it sure doesnt look like its development.

Comments

• Hades_WarpigHades_Warpig Member Posts: 265

do a side by side comparison to old and new and theres a huge dif, and oh... go back to WoW

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

There's a difference between getting 'that trinity thing', and downloading the premium graphics content.  That's assuming your computer can even run the premium content.  If you've done that and don't notice a difference, then -you- must be the one on crack.  Side by side comparisons of before and after reveal a HUGE difference.

• vickypollardvickypollard Member Posts: 305

Theres only a difference on stations and ships, the backgrounds still look dated and so do things like billboards, stroids and cans etc etc. Another thing I don't get why it's not in there is bits falling off your ship and fires etc etc..... SWG has them so why can't EVE?

+ The facemaker thing at the start looks dated seeing as all it makes is a picture, kinda wish they'd upgrade the plastic generic horrible look of it and upgrade that to.

• mercadermercader Member Posts: 81

You dislike the char creation screen? Fucking hell talk about clutching at straws to whinge about things, it is good and serves its purpose.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Originally posted by vickypollard

Theres only a difference on stations and ships, the backgrounds still look dated and so do things like billboards, stroids and cans etc etc. Another thing I don't get why it's not in there is bits falling off your ship and fires etc etc..... SWG has them so why can't EVE?
    + The facemaker thing at the start looks dated seeing as all it makes is a picture, kinda wish they'd upgrade the plastic generic horrible look of it and upgrade that to.
    Probably because that's all next on the list. First graphics patch was to replace the old Graphics engine to a DX 9 based one and to update the graphics for the ships and stations [and guns]. The other stuff comes later.

Nether-less to the Op by all means post comparison screenshots if you truly believe the graphics haven't changed.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• TeflonEddieTeflonEddie Member Posts: 270

Heh, I made the same mistake as the OP.. downloaded the EVE trial and didn't download the optional premium graphical content patch. I've just finished downloading it now and it really does make a big difference.

• Hades_WarpigHades_Warpig Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by TeflonEddie

Heh, I made the same mistake as the OP.. downloaded the EVE trial and didn't download the optional premium graphical content patch. I've just finished downloading it now and it really does make a big difference.

exactly.

• dazedfinchdazedfinch Member Posts: 21

Once avatar station walking is implemented the character creation is going to get an overhaul.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by bigtime102

I didnt notice.
    You got flamed pretty bad but I'll stand by you :P

The new graphics crashes everything but the top of the range graphics cards. 10 man years for something most people can't use? I have 2x ATI x1950 Pro in xfire mode and I get blue screen of death within 30 mins of playing yet EQ2 (notoriously laggy), WoW and every other game I've played work fine. $600 for a new graphics card just to play EvE? That makes the monthly fee $50 a month, I'm alright thanks :P I'll stick with the original content and sheer lack of updates as they spent all day on the unplayable content :P

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

why do they have to spend every bit of money they make...whats wrong with them making profit,...its a business after all

• CzechCzech Member Posts: 42
    Originally posted by Housam

why do they have to spend every bit of money they make...whats wrong with them making profit,...its a business after all

That's right kids, we do live in an age of capitalism.

Guess the game doesn't work for all of the people (Trinity update), has maybe any of you tried the support or the forums... filed a petition or anything? I got a feeling that a lot of people just whine about a lot of things besides the fact that the game is not working for them and they do nothing about it. I'm sure that not all though. It is clearly CCPs fault, that is if you have hardware that they have listed as supported, cause if you don't you can't really do much.

You're not afraid of the dark, are you?

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460
    Originally posted by Czech

Originally posted by Housam

That's right kids, we do live in an age of capitalism.

Guess the game doesn't work for all of the people (Trinity update), has maybe any of you tried the support or the forums... filed a petition or anything? I got a feeling that a lot of people just whine about a lot of things besides the fact that the game is not working for them and they do nothing about it. I'm sure that not all though. It is clearly CCPs fault, that is if you have hardware that they have listed as supported, cause if you don't you can't really do much.

trinity didnt work for me either....but the one from steam does ..so im happy :)

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515
    Originally posted by grimboj

I didnt notice.

The new graphics crashes everything but the top of the range graphics cards. 10 man years for something most people can't use? I have 2x ATI x1950 Pro in xfire mode and I get blue screen of death within 30 mins of playing yet EQ2 (notoriously laggy), WoW and every other game I've played work fine. $600 for a new graphics card just to play EvE? That makes the monthly fee $50 a month, I'm alright thanks :P I'll stick with the original content and sheer lack of updates as they spent all day on the unplayable content :P

Have you ever considered asking for help on the forums or bug repoting it?

It seems all the newbies do nowadays is complain on the forums instead of following standard procedures to get it fixed such as asking around for fixes or Bugrepoting it so devs are aware of the problem and hopefully can fix it. I also wonder what OS you use as well?

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• SophistSophist Member Posts: 171

If you paid 600$ for  graphics in SLI and are getting Blue screens I sugest you look into your setup and not blame the game.

I'm only running a 256mb AGP DDR2 EVGA and get 30-40 FPS in the new graphics client with no hick-ups whatsoever. (20-30 in Wreck heavy areas)

"The most important thing is to have the design support the players in setting their own goals in both cooperative and competitive interaction with one another." - Ironore -

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

I didnt notice.

Well I was able to run it with a single x1950 pro before I upgraded with acceptable performance so there's obviousily something wrong with your setup. Crossfire is known to be extremely unstable. Also they've released a few patches since trinity release that have addressed performance issues so have you tried running the premium graphics again recently?