Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RuneScape ruined???

Comments

• K33n0K33n0 Member Posts: 80

Yes, the game was built for all players. Bounty Hunter sucks now as u know, if you are solo, that if u are on a busy world as soon as u walk in u will just get piled by a clan. Good if i have a clan, I know, but if u always used to PK solo, its now pretty hard to do.

Ok guys, now its been out a few weeks, what does evryone think of Summoning? Its pretty damn expensive , if u ask me. One really cool thing though is the ability to have really cool monsters that follow you around, I mean, how cool is having a dragon as a pet?

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

I don't see the point of summoning on runescape I mean the creatures aren;t even  a quarter as cool as the creatures you can summon on guild wars like bone fiends and spirits. Honestly there are pokemon creatures that are cooler than the junk you get for all that work. Runescape is about suffering, if suffering is your idea of fun than go ahead waste your life on that awful game. There are no rewards for your levels only more punishment.  As you level you will see how much they enjoy making you suffer. You work hard to get your levels only to have everything that you have worked for to get to take a billion times longer to do. Want to  get that wc up to chop magic logs? hahahah lets see what happens when you get there.. hmm lets just see how many magics logs you can get in an hour rofl.  Or how about mining? work hard to get to mine runite , then when you get there it takes forever to get an ore, then it will take forever for that ore to respawn lmao.  Getting levels on runescape is a cruel joke.  So go ahead get those levels! more punishment pl0x!  You can  have at it lol ... I am going to go back to playing games that are actually fun.

• Mr.HappyMr.Happy Member CommonPosts: 64

Runescape has been offically ruined, they are trying to make everyone forget about wildy and the Trading money....

That is the reason I quit, and I believe that everyone else should move on to bigger and better things (My opinon)

• DarkOLinkDarkOLink Member Posts: 1

Almost every one has missed the purpos of runescape all together its about quests and dungones and puzzles its not about pvp if u played rs for pvp well ur a idiot ders loads of games with wwaaaaaayyyy better pvp than runescape .. runescape is the first decent mmo to have almost nothing to do with pvp why do you think they were so willing to kick out pvp straight away just to stop rwt. i can understand they did sort of distroy ppl making money but what were u going to do when u made money.. buy somthing then save up some more then buy somthing els save up some more till you got it all then quit..but thats not the point of runescape why do you think there quests involve more than just killing 50 monsters then talking to some guy and geting exp to do what do another quest where u kill 50 monsters and get exp to do what...and why do you think they bring out at least 2 a month and have things called SKILLS oh yeah and why do you think they havent put wildy back in to runescape by now maby coz it hasent realy changed much and  jagex put bounty hunting in its place so you can still have pvp for the fun of it at least not to make cash ... use ur brains it might still be there if it hurts then it means its working!  

p.s summoning is a good skill coz  A it helps you in game and B it don't cost much if you use the pouches properly and not jsut sell it to general store.

Hi god its me again this time im back to ask just why you dident kill that noob like i asked you to..

• LunethLuneth Member Posts: 63

Well, it wasn't a good idea to remove the freedom of the PvP system of runescape. why just don't make a money limit iin the wilderness? would have been much smarter stupid...

A cash imit, like in Bounty Hunter, would have worked. Apart from having the Lava maze, Mage Arena etc. The Wilderness is, literally, a waste of space. All the time spent to create it, then they go and disbale its best feature. They could take some of the stuff thats in there now, and put it somewhere else.

• LlamsterLlamster Member Posts: 234

Originally posted by K33n0

Surely they could make some allowances for rune/ore running, like a "running zone" were the trade cap would be higher and u could still rune run. Who said law running was still possible through the assist system?? No more benefit for the runner. And what about free stuff to newer players? Jagex said they were trying to improve the community with these updates. I don't think so.
    I said it, because its true.

The runner has 27 ess, the crafter assists the runner, the runner makes the laws, and the crafter gets the XP.

The (big) problem is that there's a 30k cap on the amount of XP you can get in a DAY. For a high level crafter, that's a whole lot (sarcasm).

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.
    Currently playing: RuneScape, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

Originally posted by iamloser

Here is most of the stuff that is now gone.
    - No trading cooked for raw/raw for cooked

- No trading herbs for seeds/seeds for herbs

- No trading herbs+seconds+vials for pots

- No trading straight herbs for pots

- No trading cannonballs for steel bars

- No trading fletching supplies for finished products

- No giving double nats

- No trading hides for range armor sets

- No running bones to someone at your altar

- No law running

- No running planks for someone

- No training firemaking and woodcutting together. One person cuts the logs and gives to someone else to burn.

- No hiring people to tan your hides for you

- No giving free loads of fish to people when you're power

fishing

- NO World 16, air's for essance program.

- No tab making companies

- No ore running

- No X-Mas Gifts, No helping friends no charity to new players!

- No ESS FOR RUNES >.<

- No BARS FOR ARMOR

- No ore for knives

- No reliable way to make money

- No drop parties

- No rewards from clan wars

- No chivalry in pking

- No customer service

- No fun

- No point in playing anymore.

By the way, my username here used to be Runefruit10, same as my RuneScape username, but with this I got so mad and finally quit RuneScape and made a new account here.

You and Simiswimm, please stop quoting Devilicious on that one, especially after I proved almost half of those to be invalid.

And Simiswimm, they're not going to make santas untradable. Where'd you hear that BS?

Have played: RuneScape, EQ2 (free trial), Last Chaos, Silk Road, Dungeon Runners.

The notion that graphics, or anything else for that matter, are anywhere near as important as gameplay/fun is so utterly ridiculous that anyone who shares such a view should be placed in an asylum.

Originally posted by K33n0

Yea.. I heard a rumour that apparently they might be returning 1v1 wildy combat. Not sure though. Does anyone else know anythin about this?

Yes, Jagex said they were making a new minigame that would come out by June.

For Pete's sake, people, you must be living under a rock or something to not have heard of this. They stated it in a newspost on the FRONT PAGE of the website.

Behind the Scenes - April has revealed that the new PvP minigame will be called Fist Of Guthix. The rewards that they have hinted look great, and the game is said to be a "Wilderness-based game available to both free players and members; attack strategies, defensive tactics, well-timed escapes: Fist of Guthix will employ all of these to create a memorable combat minigame."

The rewards look pretty cool aswell, with "The rune berserker shield, like most of Fist of Guthix's rewards, degrades with use, but it also offers you some hefty defence bonuses and a Strength boost; the battle robe set will sometimes pay for mind, chaos, death or blood runes that you use when casting a combat spell; and the Runecrafting gloves will double the experience you gain from crafting runes of the glove's type!"

Wow, I'm impressed, can't wait till it comes out, maybe Jagex have FINALLY got their act together!  

• dynnaldynnal Member Posts: 15

um just to let you guys and girls know

runescape sucks compared to other games

try flyff it is way better

then there is also florensia which is coming out very soon

any other game is better

and dont give me that crap about shuting up cause i dont know anything

i played and i was addicted

then i found other games and look back and see that this game is crap

bye

hoper u try new games and if u pay

heres a tip

stop paying and quit

youll feel better

If you're just gonna knock RS, go post somewhere else.

If you're trying to encourage people to stop playing a game, you're on the wrong site.

Originally posted by Llamster

Originally posted by iamloser

Here is most of the stuff that is now gone.
    - No trading cooked for raw/raw for cooked

- No trading herbs for seeds/seeds for herbs

- No trading herbs+seconds+vials for pots

- No trading straight herbs for pots

- No trading cannonballs for steel bars

- No trading fletching supplies for finished products

- No giving double nats

- No trading hides for range armor sets

- No running bones to someone at your altar

- No law running

- No running planks for someone

- No training firemaking and woodcutting together. One person cuts the logs and gives to someone else to burn.

- No hiring people to tan your hides for you

- No giving free loads of fish to people when you're power

fishing

- NO World 16, air's for essance program.

- No tab making companies

- No ore running

- No X-Mas Gifts, No helping friends no charity to new players!

- No ESS FOR RUNES >.<

- No BARS FOR ARMOR

- No ore for knives

- No reliable way to make money

- No drop parties

- No rewards from clan wars

- No chivalry in pking

- No customer service

- No fun

- No point in playing anymore.

By the way, my username here used to be Runefruit10, same as my RuneScape username, but with this I got so mad and finally quit RuneScape and made a new account here.

You and Simiswimm, please stop quoting Devilicious on that one, especially after I proved almost half of those to be invalid.

And Simiswimm, they're not going to make santas untradable. Where'd you hear that BS?

LMAO.. Where was I when this happened?... and  I was wondering when you have proved anyone wrong about anything.. I haven't seen that yet.  Yes they don't want any rares in the game they have been talking about that for years, it was the whole point of making all holiday items untradable ever since.  With all the defending of the game you do I have to wonder have you even ever had a conversation with Andrew? He will tell you straight up where they are headed with things .. and it isn't good. 

This is the RUNESCAPE forum for all members of mmorpg to discuss RUNESCAPE . The good the bad or the ugly everyone is entitled to their opinions about the game. Whether or not you agree with their opinions it is not your place to tell people they cannot voice their opinions. I used to support this game, but the bad decsions they have made in the last year has changed my opinion of the game.  If you want to only hear positive things about the game , I suggest that you are the one on the wrong site..  Jagex already has runescape forums where they delete any posts that put them in a bad light so people have to post on other sites such as these to even be able to have their opinions heard.  Here gamers have the right to voice their dislikes and likes about the game.. that is what this site is about. (Just in case you didn't know )

Totally.

• StineburgStineburg Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by deviliscious

This is the RUNESCAPE forum for all members of mmorpg to discuss RUNESCAPE . The good the bad or the ugly everyone is entitled to their opinions about the game. Whether or not you agree with their opinions it is not your place to tell people they cannot voice their opinions. I used to support this game, but the bad decsions they have made in the last year has changed my opinion of the game.  If you want to only hear positive things about the game , I suggest that you are the one on the wrong site..  Jagex already has runescape forums where they delete any posts that put them in a bad light so people have to post on other sites such as these to even be able to have their opinions heard.  Here gamers have the right to voice their dislikes and likes about the game.. that is what this site is about. (Just in case you didn't know )

I have a dream!...deviliscious for president!!

• adam7644adam7644 Member Posts: 32

i quite agree i just graduated last year and i've been playing and subcribing to rc since i was 13 and i've quit  runescape because there is no unpredictability anymore and when i heard there was a new pvp minigame fist of guthix i thought there might be something new and thanks god they took out almost all the bounty hunter worlds leaving only 1 mem's world for them because like other people have said it's just a team fest on the guys carrying all the expensive stuff so whats it even worth doing it if your high lvl and u just get teamed the whole time by noobs and even this new pvp game all u do is camp the middle and try not to die or kill the other guy with free mage runes *yawn* and the rewards are pretty overhyped to since how many games it takes to make the amount of tokens to get them so ya they ruined runescape pretty much so whats the point any more thats mainly the reason i quite and am waiting for the new mmo's to come out so i pretty much have nothing to do for a few months

What?! They took out Bounty worlds?! That will make it even worse! The were not enough worlds in the first place, and that meant that it was too crowded anyway. They could have made more Bounty World,and F.O.G worlds, that would mean that:

1:- Fist of Guthix woudn't be too crowded and laggy,

2:- Bounty would be quiter, and, IMO, easier to pk in ( I was one of the people who always liked quieter worlds to PK on, instead of places crowded with DD's and where you couldnt see who was attacking you.

3:- It would become a bit more like the *old school* PKing, and they could make some  B.H worlds multi-way, and some single-way. Then you would get the best of both worlds.  

• adam7644adam7644 Member Posts: 32

oh they put in quite a few f.i.g worlds but they are always full so if u actually want to do fists of guthix without the horrendous wait time don't go on a fist of guthix world cause thats the only time i've ever gotten in there first time i've tried and the grind that u have to go through to get the new cool armor is long and boring so i figure not worth it just buy the stuff in the ge it kight cost a bit but it saves u the grind but u still need to recharge it with tokens everytime it runs out

• herojer11herojer11 Member Posts: 14

They completly ruined runescape with removing the Wildernest...that was the only thing fun for me in this game: be power full, have a big team and go pown in member wildernest rune miners or hight lvls rofl..Now runescape sucks cause it odnt have pvp exept dumb duel arena...castle war...(no looting)..

I gived away my lvl 124 acount and my lvl 89 pure str, mage and about 120mill worth stuff lol. some pople say im crazy but why wastle time in a scraped game without pvp.

• oblivonkilloblivonkill Member Posts: 8

Even all the people saying the game is ruined...is it ? NO its still there with many many many people playing, but senice the updates, not many real RS players quit, most of them were autoers. If it was Ruined, it wouldnt be up and running !

Alot of games run after they have been ruined ... they prefer a slow painful death rather than a quick one. Though  you are incorrect about the numbers of real players that were not autoing that quit,  The total of my friends as of last week is almost 400 now. Now considering those are just the players i know , the numbers  must be really high considering that is only one group of friends, when there were so many other groups that were just as disappointed with the updates as we were.  Alot of vetran players have quit their memberships and refuse to pay another cent for the game... no point when it is just as bad  in the free section. Where the game was hurt the most was the  players that stuck by them since beta, the ones that defended them through everything before this, because it was those players that were most affected by their deciscion to go through with the updates... The others that are so insanely addicted to the game play it and do not enjoy it now, ask them lol .. they will tell you. Some  who would have continued playing it after they reached their goals will be leaving as soon as they do . The community  for the most part seems to be depressed .. so sad. 

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

I think i remember reading in an article that RWT updates cost them 60k members, that is quite a lot but then again it isnt compared to the amount of people who didnt quit.

?

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Originally posted by AkaJetson

I think i remember reading in an article that RWT updates cost them 60k members, that is quite a lot but then again it isnt compared to the amount of people who didnt quit.

Did it say how they lost 60k mems from RWT?