Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just wondering what is the limit you would play for a sub fee?

HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

Just wondering what is the limit you would play for a sub fee?

and also how many subs would you allow to hit you every month? dollar amount?

The reason I ask is just out of  curiosity. For some, its their only hobbie. Others are disabled and can't really do much else. Other like me have a passion for testing and playing online games with friends and family.

imho, If I think a/b it, my other "non gamer" friends spend $50 or more on a sports bar tab on a Friday night. Their is nothing wrong with that, its very fun to them (and was to me years ago) but just not my cup o' tea anymore.

Comments

• dragon1613dragon1613 Member Posts: 125

The limit would reflect really on the level of addiction I have for the game :P

Dragon1613 says:asdfasdfafsdfw111111123123123213

-server-Dragon1613 has died

• Housam2Housam2 Member Posts: 10

£20 $40 :)

• RotskabRotskab Member Posts: 80

I wouldn't go over £50 a month in total expenditure.

Tends to be two accounts (one for me, one for the missus) in the current game we're obsessed with, and an account or two in games I'm "sort of playing".

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I think $15/month is my fee. Over that I really need to justify why Im spending more money on a game.

Torrential

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Of course it depends on how good the game is; should it happen to be "the best game ever" I could probably go past $20 but otherwise? Probably not. However I doubt there will ever be a game good enough for that title, and my moneys.

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675

Depends on the quality of the game.  If it's a game that gives me what I want, then I wouldn't mind paying $15-20 a month for it, maybe even more if it was exceptional.

Unfortunately, there are no games out there that give me what I want, therefore I don't play any, p2p or f2p,

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

I have often beaten myself up for having multiple accounts, ....but I have to think "am I the only one playing mulitple MMOs?" and I have payed for station pass with other game(s) at same time.

• ___c___c Member Posts: 6

$15 is pretty much walking on the line for me already.

I'm not playing any MMO atm. I found none that's worth my time or money.

However, I'm rediscovering how enjoyable some single player games are lately. It has gottent to the point I'd rather spend $50/month on a good single player game then pay $15 for any current MMO.

• SeismicaSeismica Member Posts: 24

I am going through free trials at the moment. On a scale of 1-10 i'd rate my games.

I would not pay for any game that i rate less than 6. I would not pay more than £12 for any game. Thats $24, but most MMOs sell at incorrect exchange rates, so i'd end up paying around £16 for a $20 game.

• almout30almout30 Member Posts: 93

Not to offend anyone but I realy don't understand how people can make such a big fuss over spending 15 or 20 dollars a month. This is nothing, I know people that smoke away 10 bucks on cigarettes per day.

Just think about howmuch time you can spend in a mmorpg at what cost and compare it to the cost of visiting a cinema for a 90 minute hollywood movie.

If a game has all I want I would go 50$ a month and more. Not that I'm hoping for it but theoreticaly speaking...

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

$15 a month is max I'd pay for anything on the market today.  If something is released that is just totally mind blowingly good, I'd go maybe $20, but it'd really have to grab my attention.  I'd go as high as $30 for a good plan like Sony's station pass if it had very good choices of MMOs to play (I don't think Sony's choices are worth it -- not a slam on Sony, I just don't care for the majority of their games).

• astralsageastralsage Member UncommonPosts: 4

Depends how much i like the game and any contributing factors. for example how often there is expansions/new content and would i have to pay for these or would they be free with sub. as far as  a single game  probally wouldnt go over $30 a month or $50 total for multiple games.

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." -George Washington

• Grimm666Grimm666 Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Originally posted by ___c

$15 is pretty much walking on the line for me already.

I'm not playing any MMO atm. I found none that's worth my time or money.
    However, I'm rediscovering how enjoyable some single player games are lately. It has gottent to the point I'd rather spend $50/month on a good single player game then pay $15 for any current MMO.

This is pretty much my position these days as well. I find most of the current crop of MMOs just aren't doing it for me and I get more enjoyment for my money by buying a new offline game every three months rather than using that same amount on a single MMO.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I'd say for a standard MMO, 20/mo is my limit.  Mostly because I have to buy at least one more account for my son, and in some cases I'm paying for more than one.  I try to keep the MMO sub fees under 100.00/mo (only at 45/mo atm.)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• jonchicoinejonchicoine Member Posts: 77

If a game was good enough... and dynamic enough with a huge team of dev's I would pay maybe $100 a month... I mean... i pay $45 for a 3 hour UFC fight. If i can get as much excitement in 3 hours as watching a UFC fight, then I would $45 for 3 hours of gaming on a Saturday night :)

• Tabby_CatTabby_Cat Member Posts: 140

I would say 15$ a month is about my limit due to the fact of having to get more than one account.

• warzone100warzone100 Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by almout30

Not to offend anyone but I realy don't understand how people can make such a big fuss over spending 15 or 20 dollars a month. This is nothing, I know people that smoke away 10 bucks on cigarettes per day.

Just think about howmuch time you can spend in a mmorpg at what cost and compare it to the cost of visiting a cinema for a 90 minute hollywood movie.

If a game has all I want I would go 50$ a month and more. Not that I'm hoping for it but theoreticaly speaking...

Yeah, well a nicotine addiction is allot different from playing a game.  They are not even close to being comparable.  Unless you have smoked everyday for at least a year you have no idea what your talking about when it comes to that damn addiction.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I wish I have a simple answer.

$20 a month for an excessively nice MMO, 1 which I don't find something to suggest/feedback/complains at all.

$15 a month is stretching it, but in the case of City of games, I am willing to pay that much from time to time, I am unwilling to pay that much for ANY other existing MMO.  (Stargate, BioWare, CoS MAY make it to my willingness zone)

Sony has a $10 hardline limit.  Breaking that limit for Sony is not impossible, rules and laws are meant to be broken say the old addage, but good luck breaking it, as I am judge, jury and executionner.  Sony also has to face a no CC hardline policy, and that rule can't be broken.

Again, a $15 has to outdo City of games on 90% of the specific areas, and most importantly on what I enjoy myself.  $20 a month...well...good luck.  Not even sure it is possible, we mean that my yap is close by choice (except for brown nosing), and that I am totally happy with the game...I wouldn't pay $15 for a game that isn't even on par with City of games.  And atm, from my perspective, no MMO is even remotedly close to be on par.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren