Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

She Wears A gold AK-47 Pendant Around Her Neck

War_EagleWar_Eagle Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 472

Why is this any different than the flip-side of the coin: a.k.a. skin-head bands? 

This is nothing but hatred.  I don't understand why more people don't stand up to this b.s.

Keys Talks About Her Conspiracy Theories

Apr 11, 6:22 PM (ET)

(AP) U.S. singer Alicia Keys performs in Madrid, March 17, 2008. There's another side to Alicia Keys:...

Full Image

NEW YORK (AP) - There's another side to Alicia Keys: conspiracy theorist. The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter tells Blender magazine: "'Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. 'Gangsta rap' didn't exist."
Keys, 27, said she's read several Black Panther autobiographies and wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead," according to an interview in the magazine's May issue, on newsstands Tuesday.
Another of her theories: That the bicoastal feud between slain rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. was fueled "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."
Keys' AK-47 jewelry came as a surprise to her mother, who is quoted as telling Blender: "She wears what? That doesn't sound like Alicia." Keys' publicist, Theola Borden, said Keys was on vacation and unavailable for comment.
Though she's known for her romantic tunes, she told Blender that she wants to write more political songs. If black leaders such as the late Black Panther Huey Newton "had the outlets our musicians have today, it'd be global. I have to figure out a way to do it myself," she said.
The multiplatinum songstress behind the hits "Fallin'" and "No One" most recently had success with her latest CD, "As I Am," which sold millions.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All Rights Reversed

Comments

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Well it's her deal. Humm...I want a gold AK-47 Pendant...

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• phatpeteyphatpetey Member Posts: 323
    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

Who doesn't want a AK 47 Pendant ?!

• War_EagleWar_Eagle Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 472

Hmmmm..., to me that sounds like a white person saying, "I want to put a white sheet over my head and set a cross on fire".  Excuse me if that offends you, but it sounds like you're excusing her racist behavior simply because she's black.  They both point to violent racist roots.

I can't believe that this wouldn't offend you but you would get up in arms over someone wanting to fly a rebel flag.  I disagree with both.  But then I guess I'm still a racist, seeing as I'm white and anything I say is only a token gesture.

All Rights Reversed

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

I want a gold AK-47.

• gnomexxxgnomexxx Member Posts: 2,920
    Originally posted by War_Eagle

Keys, 27, said she's read several Black Panther autobiographies

All I had to do was read that and then I knew she was full of shit.  Anyone who reads and believes that garbage needs a good therapist.

===============================

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

Gangs were around long before gangsta rap, so it was a natural progression. I think it's also far more likely that the E vs. W feud was fueled by the labels in an effort to boost record sales rather than the government. Media played a role for sure, but to say the media or government was responsible for Tupac and Biggie taking personal shots at each other through lyrics is ludicrous.

As far as racism goes, I didn't see any specific remarks as to what aspects of the Black Panthers she agrees with. Just because she names the political group, it doesn't mean she's in favor of everything they stand for. I'm curious what shape the whole interview takes, but I don't think I'll buy the mag to find out.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

I want to pawn off a gold ak 47 pendant.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• PeopleJayPeopleJay Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by phatpetey

Since May (my girl friend) looked through this topic, i have been told several times to get the same one to her!!! my god...it's so impossible...!!!

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

I didnt realize Tupac and B.I.G were ever considered great black leaders, or leaders of any type.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Saddam > Alicia Keys, at least he had real gold AK 47s, not just pedants of them, pfff.

O_o o_O

Hmmmm..., to me that sounds like a white person saying, "I want to put a white sheet over my head and set a cross on fire".  Excuse me if that offends you, but it sounds like you're excusing her racist behavior simply because she's black.  They both point to violent racist roots.

I can't believe that this wouldn't offend you but you would get up in arms over someone wanting to fly a rebel flag.  I disagree with both.  But then I guess I'm still a racist, seeing as I'm white and anything I say is only a token gesture.

Where the hell do you come up with this? I didn't even get the time to give my full post because I had to go to work. For you to say that I excuse her because she's black and I'm black, that's just messed up in my opinion for you to take judgement on me like that. I'll voice out my opinion on this tomorrow, because it's kinda bull for you to say that hot mess right there.

Next time if you feel something is wrong, ask for my opinion. Alright?. To tell you the truth I don't agree with her, but I'll tell you why in a sec.

|

• AldaronAldaron Member Posts: 1,048

Where the hell do you come up with this? I didn't even get the time to give my full post because I had to go to work. For you to say that I excuse her because she's black and I'm black, that's just messed up in my opinion for you to take judgement on me like that. I'll voice out my opinion on this tomorrow, because it's kinda bull for you to say that hot mess right there.

Next time if you feel something is wrong, ask for my opinion. Alright?. To tell you the truth I don't agree with her, but I'll tell you why in a sec.

Well Riki, I like yah' and all, but you have shown occassionally to be racist, or at least prejudice...Wait, that's the same thing. Point is, I know you're quite harmless, and probably just a victim of your own sub-conscious, but alot of things you've said could be taken as quite offensively racist, and would be a rather big outcry if the colors were reversed so to speak.

"Fear not death; for the sooner we die, the longer shall we be immortal."

Woah what the hell, so your gonna call me a racist now? There is a lot of things you guys say that I hold my breath to. Espeically when we get the ocassional MUSIC thread, black history month thread. Instead of calling names I just prove people wrong. Why don't you just chill the hell out and give me time to absorb this info. Honestly my first post was more focused towards the pendant. Not because of who they were, etc. If I'd known the subject was of much seriousness I would have waited until after I got off of work to make a post when I actually had time to read though it, but to come back and get lashed out that's just messed up.

Sorry for the spelling/grammar.

|

• BlazinBladesBlazinBlades Member Posts: 1,214

Why is this any different than the flip-side of the coin: a.k.a. skin-head bands? 

This is nothing but hatred.  I don't understand why more people don't stand up to this b.s.

Keys Talks About Her Conspiracy Theories

Apr 11, 6:22 PM (ET)

(AP) U.S. singer Alicia Keys performs in Madrid, March 17, 2008. There's another side to Alicia Keys:...

Full Image

NEW YORK (AP) - There's another side to Alicia Keys: conspiracy theorist. The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter tells Blender magazine: "'Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. 'Gangsta rap' didn't exist."
    Keys, 27, said she's read several Black Panther autobiographies and wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead," according to an interview in the magazine's May issue, on newsstands Tuesday.
    Another of her theories: That the bicoastal feud between slain rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. was fueled "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."
    Keys' AK-47 jewelry came as a surprise to her mother, who is quoted as telling Blender: "She wears what? That doesn't sound like Alicia." Keys' publicist, Theola Borden, said Keys was on vacation and unavailable for comment.
    Though she's known for her romantic tunes, she told Blender that she wants to write more political songs. If black leaders such as the late Black Panther Huey Newton "had the outlets our musicians have today, it'd be global. I have to figure out a way to do it myself," she said.
    The multiplatinum songstress behind the hits "Fallin'" and "No One" most recently had success with her latest CD, "As I Am," which sold millions.

In all honesty with a body and mouth like hers does it really matter what comes out of her mouth, or is it more important what can go into it. Birng it on down now.

Damn byotch dat aint no friggn moon fool, dat be a friggn space station byotch.

• AldaronAldaron Member Posts: 1,048

Woah what the hell, so your gonna call me a racist now? There is a lot of things you guys say that I hold my breath to. Espeically when we get the ocassional MUSIC thread, black history month thread. Instead of calling names I just prove people wrong. Why don't you just chill the hell out and give me time to absorb this info. Honestly my first post was more focused towards the pendant. Not because of who they were, etc. If I'd known the subject was of much seriousness I would have waited until after I got off of work to make a post when I actually had time to read though it, but to come back and get lashed out that's just messed up.

Not even talkin' bout the pendant Riki. Just alot of your views, subconsciously you seem to make note of a persons color.

Like that thread about the 16 year old girls beating up each other, saying, "Man, white girls are crazy". And things along those lines.

"Fear not death; for the sooner we die, the longer shall we be immortal."

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

Originally posted by Spathotan

I didnt realize Tupac and B.I.G were ever considered great black leaders, or leaders of any type.
    Well, Tupac penned some extremely insightful and introspective lyrics. I'm sure a great deal of his message was lost due to how the media personified him, but a generous portion of his writing was very uplifting. Of course, there was a militant streak which he often put on paper as well. I would probably feel quite similar if I were raised in the same environment (crack-addicted mother and a father on the FBI's 10 most wanted list). Watching your family and community crumble and grow increasingly violent and corrupt from the government's supply of weapons and drugs would make you irate, and perhaps even take action against the establishment. Tupac spoke to make a change in black culture, to educate as well as enrage. He was viewed as a prophet or messenger to much of the urban community. I have never been a 'rap' fan, but I really appreciate the message found in many of his songs, however abrasive the delivery may be at times.

Biggie, ehhh not so much in my opinion. But hey, the world needs people who simply entertain too.

• AelfinnAelfinn Member Posts: 3,857

No one that actually has a good sense of guns.

An Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947 (Russian, named for its inventor) is rude, crude, and way overcliched.

The ONLY reason the thing is still in production/use at all is because of how cheap it is to mass manufacture, its usefull for peppering a wide area with lead, and that's about it. I'll take an M4 any day of the month if I'm going to be stuck with an older model. Sorry CS fans, but the guns ingame there are NOT a good representation.

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
    Hemingway

• Alice_SunAlice_Sun Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by Aelfinn

girls nowdays do not so care this kind of things...

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Originally posted by Aelfinn

An Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947 (Russian, named for its inventor) is rude, crude, and way overcliched.

The ONLY reason the thing is still in production/use at all is because of how cheap it is to mass manufacture, its usefull for peppering a wide area with lead, and that's about it. I'll take an M4 any day of the month if I'm going to be stuck with an older model. Sorry CS fans, but the guns ingame there are NOT a good representation.

An AK47 is more of an icon that any other gun. I'd rather have an AK gold pendant, than a C7A1 pendant(canadian m16 mod)

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Personally i think she would suit a Pearl Neckalce better.  And i would be happy to be the one to give it to her

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

"killing 'em dead" does not mean what you think it does - it means to perform really well on stage.  We also need to point out that the article is really small and it would be silly to place value on anything she said without seeing the full interview.

Here is a rant:

Historically speaking the image of a "certain kind" of black person has always been commercially sucessful - we can see it in the old vaudeville acts where white performers dressed up in black face - two black crows and Amos and Andy are examples of this.  The white performers were pushed aside in the later years and the roles were given to black performers but the role they were to play hadn't changed very much.

The image of the "certain" kind of black person was slightly modified in the 1970s to include militancy in addition to the other qualities black people were protrayed to have.  The movie Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song was directed by a black man and it proved that a movie like that was profitable - so then we got Shaft and the other Blaxploitation films that followed cashing in on a profitable image.  Gangsta Rap is simply an extension of this.

Today we have the black entertainment industry accepting blaxploitation as their heritage and cashing in on it.  The protests made by black intellectuals are not heard over the coins raining down all around black entertainers.  Never in history have black people been given the ability to voice themselves and redress the image that media once chained them to.  What are we given?  Amos and Andy all over again.  As a not so obvious example I point to Alicia Keys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6_Tqo44xI4 a very beautiful song that has her going to visit her "certain kind" of boyfriend.  They could of went in any direction with that song but instead they sold out and gave us the typical "urban" nonsense that would of enraged the original Black Panthers.

How the hell is the goverment to blame for any of the above?  Unless she is asking for censorship?  An artist that asks for censorship doesn't write her own songs.

This new militancy of hers is something we've all seen before and we also know that it will help her sell her albums.

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

• War_EagleWar_Eagle Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 472

Let me see if this makes it clearer to you...

Here was your statement...

"Well it's her deal."

Now, let's turn that around, but instead change it to a white person who listens to a lot of skinhead music and likes to go out and march in a white power parade...

"Well, it's his deal."

Would that make you feel good if someone just passively blew it off that way?  I don't think it would.  I think you'd expect some of us white people to stand up to them and tell them how stupid and ignorant they are.  And I would!!!  But I haven't seen that too much from a lot of blacks.  They don't tend to stand up to their own race as much as white people do when they see racism.  It's almost like the whole Muslim thing and them being scared of standing up for what is right against the radicalism in their religion.  Like some black are scared of being called an "Uncle Tom" or something.  That's bullshit if you ask me.  If a black person wants to denounce gangsta rap, thuggery, and all that crap stands for then they should be given a medal, not told they are defaming their race.  Case in point, Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Bill Cosby, etc.  All of them were told that they aren't "real blacks", because they don't believe in that garbage.  And even on the local level, it happened at my high school when I was there.  A couple of blacks decided they didn't want to hang out with the ones who were always in trouble.  Know what happened?  They got beat up one day.  It was about 10 of the "gangsta" blacks against 2 others.  What was their problem with them you might ask?  They were sitting with the white people at lunch. 

Just a little story from 3 years ago here in Alabama.  You think things are different on your side and all good.  I don't think so.

Look, Riki.  I'm on your side.  I want things to change.  But this kind of behavior from black icons (if she is one) is not helping.  And a lot of us whites are doing the best we can, but that change is going to have to come mostly from the inside of your camp.  I look forward to the day when the two camps COMPLETELY merge.  I'm sick of all the crap going on in this nation and this world.  It's sad to no end.  But to be honest with you, I don't see much of an attempt to do much positive when I see stuff like this taking place.

All Rights Reversed

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

If a white person where to write down the hindu sign for peace, they would be charged with hate crimes.  Shes really hot though.  Is it possible to take a bad picture of her?

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Silly me, I thought this was a thread about Alicia Keys.  Instead it's about a shiny gold object and the flaming of Riki's posts.

Originally posted by Aldaron

Not even talkin' bout the pendant Riki. Just alot of your views, subconsciously you seem to make note of a persons color.

Like that thread about the 16 year old girls beating up each other, saying, "Man, white girls are crazy". And things along those lines.

That's the first thing I said when I saw that on the news. You know all it takes is for you to say that it kinda offends you and I stop. Grim did it before, well he reversed it and I laughed, because I thought it was funny, but you rarely hear that out of me. The things others say really gets on my nerves. It's more as if it's more notciable for ME to seem that I'm getting out of hand, but yet others would on a different subject. Lets be real, there is about only 3-4 known blacks (including me) that is actually on these forums. Maybe some would notices how others act, but it seems that we got to be the poster boys around here.

I even said in similar topics, "That black man is crazy." If it bothers you I can take the color out, because it don't bother me. Just don't judge me by what I say. I never found saying black/white would be a border line racist thing as some other ones would. I could say caucasion(spelled wrong I know), would that make things better? Don't know....

|