Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions from a potential new player

Sieges111Sieges111 Member Posts: 120
  1. Is there durability on items? If there is, can the items be repaired when they break?
  2. Does your character need to eat to live?
  3. Is there player owned housing?
  4. Is there a warehouse for storage?
  5. Is there an offline messaging system (e.g. post office)?
  6. Can you have pets and/or mounts? Do they need to eat to live?
  7. How are the controls? Can you use the two-mouse-button run method of moving?
  8. Is your avatar class-based or skill-based? If you mess up your build, can you pay to correct it, or do you have to start over?

I'm sure I will think of more. Thank you for any help!

Comments

• KrAzYBLADEKrAzYBLADE Member UncommonPosts: 70

Originally posted by Sieges

Is there durability on items? If there is, can the items be repaired when they break?
    Does your character need to eat to live?
    Is there player owned housing?
    Is there a warehouse for storage?
    Is there an offline messaging system (e.g. post office)?
    Can you have pets and/or mounts? Do they need to eat to live?
    How are the controls? Can you use the two-mouse-button run method of moving?
    Is your avatar class-based or skill-based? If you mess up your build, can you pay to correct it, or do you have to start over?

1. Yes, but the breaking part i don't remember, I know if u upgrade your weapon there is a chance of breakage and being lost.

2. No

3. no

4. Yes

5. Yes

6. Yes, Pets for prem members (paid members) and Mounts in certain wars.

7. I can't remember but there is a a key either R,T,Y that does this.

8. Yes

Please forgive me if i don't remember #7 its been a few months since i last played. I think the key (R) is auto attack. I'm sure someone who still plays this game will respond with correct key maps.

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

1. if the weapon breaks while fightin then u can repair it.

7. yes u can use the mouse to move.

• stefmballstefmball Member UncommonPosts: 7

I'm searching for a cool and not boring game.Could this be?

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

Originally posted by stefmball

I'm searching for a cool and not boring game.Could this be?

noone can answer this question. there is just one way to find a game which u like. u have to test them on yourself

• toby124toby124 Member Posts: 6

I love it, the PvP is like nothing else out there.  But what the heck, it's free so it's not like you lose anything if you try it out and it's not for you

• MrRawrMrRawr Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by Sieges

Is there durability on items? If there is, can the items be repaired when they break?
    Does your character need to eat to live?
    Is there player owned housing?
    Is there a warehouse for storage?
    Is there an offline messaging system (e.g. post office)?
    Can you have pets and/or mounts? Do they need to eat to live?
    How are the controls? Can you use the two-mouse-button run method of moving?
    Is your avatar class-based or skill-based? If you mess up your build, can you pay to correct it, or do you have to start over?

1. Items have durability. Durability decreases on weapons when you hit things. Durability on armor decreases when you get hit. Accessories do not have durability. When your weapon reaches 0 durability your damage will drop until you repair it. When your armor reaches 0 durability, your defence ability will become lower. To repair them you speak with a Weapons or Sundries NPC and choose "I would like to repair."

2. Your character does not need food to live. He or She only needs potions to regain lost heath points or mana point whilist or after battle.

3. Sadly, there is no player owned housing yet in Knight Online but there may be in the future.

4. Yes, there is a type of storage. The storage is called the Inn. To acces it you have to speak with the Inn Hostess in the town you are currently in. There are two Inn Hostess' in Moradon, one in both Luferson and Elmorad Castle, one in delos, one for each nation's warzone and one in almost every town accesable by Luferson and Elmorad Castle (Example : Asga for Elmorad Castle and Linate for Luferson.

5. There was a letter system added in Knight Online. It works very simply. To open it press L on your keyboard. To send a letter you type in the person who you are sending it to, type a title, type a message and add any money or items you want to send. To send just text will cost 1000 Noahs,

6. There is a pet system which was recently released. To summon your pet you must be a premium member but normal members may own one (Just not use it.). The pet can help you fight things. It gets EXP from the things it kills and levels up. At level 20 40 or 60 you may change the look of your pet using a token. Mounts can only be used during Seige or War events. They are given to the high ranked officials of the war ( Example : Knight Clan Leaders, Rank top 10.).

7. You can move with either your mouse, the arrow keys, or W A S D. Controls:

• I opens Inventory
    • L opens Letter
    • K opens Skills
    • U opens Character (Shows stats, friend list and clan list.)
    • T toggles Run/Walk
    • C makes your character sit
    • /town teleports you to town

When you select a player then right click them it gives to options to:

• Request a party
    • Invite to clan (If you are a clan leader or assist.)
    • Trade
    • Whisper (Private Message)
    • Add Friend
    • Combat (Takes you to Arena. PvP in arena does not involve loss or gain of items.)

To access an NPC's store or services you must select and right click them like a normal player. To access a players personal store (To setup a personal store you can type /merchant) select and right click them. If you put your mouse over an item it shows its information.

8. You character is class-based. The classes are:

• Rouge
    • Magician
    • Warrior
    • Priest

At level 10 you will make the first job advancement. That is when you start choosing your skill build.

• Rouges will have a choice between Assassin Skills, Archer Skills, and Exploration Skills. Archer and Assassin skills do damage while Exploration skills are more for self support. It is a bad idea to max out Exploration, Archer or Assassin should be your primary. Choose between one of the two to be successful.
    • Magicians will choose to be either Fire, Ice or Lightning. You may choose two, one will have more skill points in it. They all provide you with the same spells in different elements. Fire is the strongest, Ice freezes (Makes target run significantly slower) and Lightning stuns (For a shorter period then freezing, target can't move, use potions, or escape with /town).
    • Warriors will put their points in Attack and will have a choice as Berserker (Also called Passion) and Defence. Defence makes you have increased elemental resistance and more defence when using a shield. The elemental is quite helpful. Berserker lets you self-buff and use skills that will help you hit higher, increase health points and ultimately sacrifice your characters life for another.
    • Priests will have a choice between Talisman, Healing and Buffing. Buffing increases health and defence of you and other players. Heal recovers lost health for you and other players and Talisman lowers other players stats, revives players, and puts monsters to sleep. They all provide you with attack skills and you will choose two to put points in, one being stronger then the other.

At level 60 you will go through another job advancement. You will get new skills in the build you chose along with master skills in a separate category. Master skills are very helpful in PvP and sometimes in EXPing. At any time you want you can go to Master Kunabarl in moradon and ask for reskill and restat to reset your point for redistribution. It will be cheap in the low levels but will become quite costly in the high levels, so choose wisely.

Enjoy :)