Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player says hi

Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

hey all i played the 14 day trial, enjoyed it, now i bought the special edition that has game plus all expantions for 40$ and made a kerra assassin

and just got out of the noob island (after doing all quests) but i have a few questions.

i am no fan of WoW and honestly played it for 1 month and got bored of it. so far EQ2 is looking a tad deeper than WoW and i was wondering at high levels, is there anything else to do other than raid and get better equipment? or is it just hiit, kill, loot, rince, repeat till max level.

crafting, if i wanted to be a crafter ONLY, (say i make an alt crafter) i would only level up weaponsmith or armoursmith and only do that? and is there a cap or i can be all of them armoursmith shieldsmith weaponsmith etc..............

can i assume that homes are instanced? and is there a point to having a home other than for storage.

thanks in advance for the answers and any few  tips/hints for a beginer?

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

homes are more for  "fun" than storage

some people really get into it -- like this player

eq2players.station.sony.com/news_archive_content.vm

you don't have to adventure level to do only Tradeskilling but

- you will need someone of appropiate level to do the harvesting of materials in high level zones

send any new character you make to the Kunark newbie zone, Timorous Deep

eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Timorous_Deep_Timeline

the quest gear is dramatically better than anything else in game under 20

end game of EQ2 is primarily raiding

but EQ2 also has the mentoring system which allows you to group with anyone regardless of level

- and still be challenged  (ie. have fun)