Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: Beta and Beyond - Where the Game is Now

13»

Comments

• hellspithellspit Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by yayitsandy

so we have to wait a few months longer . i dont think that actually suprised many . if anything i m glad they are taking time to iron it out . after all if your that desperate to play it you can get the delux edition and have a guaranteed spot in the open beta . the delux is overpriced but i guess this can be offset against the money you save in the open beta on not having the monthly fees ( if you take my meaning) if thats 3-4 months before its release its proberbly not so bad . personally i d rather wait till i talk to a few people who are actually playing it and see a few reviews before i buy the same applys to conan . after vanguard i ll never believe the pre release hype again . once bitten twice shy .
    Doubt i will get delux edition for open beta. Will wait for release. Since i live in Serbia will also take time to get the game. If i get client download installation will ship it to friend in Austria and she will send me key since Amazon and other stores don't send good to Serbia (which is shame) but they still take my money as good.

If i don't get client instalation online will have to wait for cd to ship here from Austria (friend will  mail dvd/cds anyhow.

Most of games i've played, got key before i even got cds/box so client download was best sollution.

• VegettaVegetta Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by vipjerry
    Sorry guys but when they decided to make regular Warhammer game instead of Warhammer 40 000 and they totally copied WoW graphic style they gave up of any kind of originality which is main substance for the game in 21st century to sucseed.
    This game is crap and we have seen all this game has to offer at least 10 times before in some earlier MMOs.
    World of Starcraft is in development and coming out probably a year after SC2 so that would be only girl worth waiting.

THQ is working on a 40k MMO

Warcarft and starcraft Both borrowed heavily from warhammer and 40k

WAR graphics look nothing like wow graphics The models in WAR are much much more detailed.

You cant have Crysis graphics in a mmo with over 100 people on the screen at one time - well you could but the percent of people with machines capable would make the game have a much smaller install base. You simplely cannot do that with mmos and expect them to be successful.

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

Originally posted by vipjerry

Warhammer in state it is now does not look all that great. Graphics already looks dated and gameplay is not something we didn't see before.

But we shell see soon who was right or wrong.
    We will indeed.

See you back on this board, say a couple months after release?

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

Are you sure that is not Elton John in the picture advertising for WAR?

Good-Bye yellow Brick Road?

• CendhariaCendharia Member UncommonPosts: 319

Originally posted by Hrica

Are you sure that is not Elton John in the picture advertising for WAR?
    Good-Bye yellow Brick Road?
    No...actually thats the Fifth Beatle!!  hehe   Still the sunglasses thing.   Too bad some of these gamers don't get the "campy" or fun.  

Personally I think these guys have alot of fun while they're doing their little information videos.   And so it should be...if they're having fun..we will be too when the time comes. :P

Cend

• KckStrtKckStrt Member Posts: 39

Great to see they are taking the beta testing seriously as well as the testers.   Sounds like they are making changes that the players actually want.  This is exciting news and makes the time waiting well worth it in the end, I hope.