Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what will tomorrow bring

2»

Comments

• Friction2uFriction2u Member Posts: 293

Originally posted by Kien

They will have a "professional" update that reveals absolutely nothing about the game while making wild promises with a wink and a nudge.
    Which is different to the AoC developers in the early days making wild claims about their game only to modify or drop them altogether?

• knives22knives22 Member Posts: 375

Originally posted by Friction2u

Originally posted by knives22

all without ui, all look like they were put together with photoshop just 20mins before.heh

There are a quite a few pics with the UI in them actually. You should check them out. Of course the UI follows the Darkfall trend of not being arcade-game-like (similar with the lack of floating names, big health bars, coloured numbers floating off everything, target rings, no radar etc) so it's out of the way and easy to miss if you're viewing thumbnails.

www.darkfallonline.eu/darkfall-bilder/v/2006/2006-07-21-4.jpg.html

www.darkfallonline.eu/darkfall-bilder/v/2006/79640.jpg.html

www.darkfallonline.eu/darkfall-bilder/v/2006/darkfall06082203_1156217999.jpg.html

Ahh so they do show UI eh? haha i guess that means the game is just about ready to ship

They will have a "professional" update that reveals absolutely nothing about the game while making wild promises with a wink and a nudge.
    Which is different to the AoC developers in the early days making wild claims about their game only to modify or drop them altogether?

Heh at the very least AoC is coming out, Open beta is a few weeks away, and everything's cool.

Darkfall on the other hand...

all without ui, all look like they were put together with photoshop just 20mins before.heh

There are a quite a few pics with the UI in them actually. You should check them out. Of course the UI follows the Darkfall trend of not being arcade-game-like (similar with the lack of floating names, big health bars, coloured numbers floating off everything, target rings, no radar etc) so it's out of the way and easy to miss if you're viewing thumbnails.

www.darkfallonline.eu/darkfall-bilder/v/2006/darkfall06082203_1156217999.jpg.html

Ahh so they do show UI eh? haha i guess that means the game is just about ready to ship

Why? I remember the AoC boys showcasing their game a year ago when the UI was apparently done.

You're just showing off the level of ignorance that you have for this game. Next you'll claim that they've never shown ship combat

Why? I remember the AoC boys showcasing their game a year ago when the UI was apparently done.

You're just showing off the level of ignorance that you have for this game. Next you'll claim that they've never shown ship combat

Hehe, and that's what they'll keep doing.SHOWING you

and you'll keep white knighting Screenshots for years to come my friend, Good day to you.

Heh at the very least AoC is coming out, Open beta is a few weeks away, and everything's cool.

Darkfall on the other hand...

Ah! We have yet another AoC fan-boy hanging out in the Darkfall section, and crapping on the game, while he waits for release.

I should have known.

I wouldn't worry about Darkfall's release if I were you - it will release. Just because the devs don't put on funny hats and do a song and dance video every week  means nothing. When it comes to self-hype and chumming the waters with fan-targeted promotional material AoC and WAR are by far the most industrious in the mmorpg genre.

If I were you I would worry more about Warhammer Online damaging AoC's potential success. Both games are going to release within months of each other and WAR clearly is going to be epically massive.

Hehe, and that's what they'll keep doing.SHOWING you

and you'll keep white knighting Screenshots for years to come my friend, Good day to you.

First you claim that Aventurine has never shown us certain things, then you say that's what they are doing - you are wildly inconsistent. If you read up on Darkfall a little you may embarrass yourself less.

Educate yourself now - check out these links

forums.darkfallonline.com/forumdisplay.php

www.darkfallonline.com/news/

forums.darkfallonline.com/

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657

Wow, they have a great Dev journal going on, how often are they posting them? Oh, right, I guess it's whenever they "have the time".

They can't even keep consistent weekly updates, nor have they had any tangible interviews up to this point. Does that spell anything out for you? I'll give you a hint, it starts with a "V" and has the letters "porauraew" in it.

Go, unscramble, might want to make that last a while, its the most you're going to get out of this game for a long time.

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671

i've seen f2p games with better graphics than that. /shudder

Originally posted by URMAKER

i've seen f2p games with better graphics than that. /shudder

Those screenshots are quite old. Check out the newer ones. They make WoW look like Tetris.