Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamespot PvP weekend

HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Sorry if this has already been covered...

http://www.gamespot.com/test/ageofconan/

~Hairysun~

EDIT: Not sure if that link works.  If not just go to www.gamespot.com and scroll down to the AoC link.

Nevermind......I see now "Rohh" beat me to posting the news. 

Comments

• vickypollardvickypollard Member Posts: 305

Just went to gamespot signup page but theres no signup button or anything :S

• Psiho246Psiho246 Member Posts: 482

Yea I think you could only singup yesterday or something like that.

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

It might just be that the 15k Invites are basically already spent? Could imagine that theose 15k were gone very quickly.

• Kuji-KiriKuji-Kiri Member Posts: 170

I thought they meant to get as many people as possible then invite 15,000 randoms. How lame.

Yeh they didn't think about the timezones over the world very well did they, I was asleep cause I live in the UK when this must of started and just got back from work early and saw it and it's over because frigging 15 year old kids who have no life can spend all their time on the PC.

Ahem...I said "I could imagine...."  It might just be their registration servers are down. *shrugs* There's no official word out yet as far as I've seen. Or has anyone already received an e-mail from Gamespot about this?

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

I'm still seeing the add on gamespots pc homepage but the link doesn't seem to work.  Managed to sign up yesterday but have received nothing from gamespot as of yet.

~Hairysun~

• jus10datljus10datl Member Posts: 45

Wow... that was crap... way to give a heads up Funcom... Way to screw over the people that have been signed up for Beta for longer than a year...

• kazsonkazson Member Posts: 224

Originally posted by jus10datl

Wow... that was crap... way to give a heads up Funcom... Way to screw over the people that have been signed up for Beta for longer than a year...
    lol dude use your head...if they told everybody tomorrow at 4pm go to gamespot to get in pvp weekend !

1,000,000 people would have been refreshing gamespot.com website crashing the hell out of the server and nobody would have gotten in...this was the only way to do it

• jus10datljus10datl Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by kazson

lol dude use your head...if they told everybody tomorrow at 4pm go to gamespot to get in pvp weekend !

1,000,000 people would have been refreshing gamespot.com website crashing the hell out of the server and nobody would have gotten in...this was the only way to do it

It's just complete ass backwards and illogical thinking. "Hey we have all these people waiting/begging for invites forever... lets just... forget about those people and open up a one day only pvp beta entry without telling anyone." Grats to the people that got in though.

It's just complete ass backwards and illogical thinking. "Hey we have all these people waiting/begging for invites forever... lets just... forget about those people and open up a one day only pvp beta entry without telling anyone." Grats to the people that got in though.

It's -one- event out of many that they promised would accompany the days closer to launch. It's a one weekend thing that won't even show you the entire game, instead will have you limited to the PvP BG's.

I mean, I understand the frustration, but if they had chosen to put it up at a later time, people would have whined about that Timezone. If they would have said lucky winner gets the keys, people would hav whined they've been applied for Beta for so long.

My advice, chill out, relax and watch for more offers like these in the upcoming days. And no, I haven't been selected for the Gamespot thingie.

Honestly, you can't please everyone, 'specially not with these kind of things.

• TraviztyTravizty Member Posts: 114

Yes because clearly they have people on pay roll micro managing "all these people waiting/begging for invites forever".... jeezez look at the big picture here. If your an active gamer and support the community by staying on top of things at the forums, then you would have no problem hearing about this. I didn't... Obviously for 1 weekend they want gamers that are going to beat the hell out they're pvp system.

Ya snooze, ya lose.

Don't confuse a players ability, with a class being Over Powered.

-T

On a Sidenote, apparently the Sign-Up page on Gamespot is having "Technical" difficulties and GS is working to fix it. That was posted by the Community Manager on the AoC Boards, so the whole deal might still go on. Keep checking.

• modusmodus Member UncommonPosts: 69

No worries, the sooner you get in, the sooner you will be disappointed.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I dont know why a person would even tell this site or any other site the information of this event when it will make their chances getting in that 15k lesser.  Unless you you realy dont care about getting in and just enjoy helping people.

Originally posted by modus

It's good to see someone picking up the slack for all those "one-line-doom-sayers". They have been so quiet on this thread so far. Too bad that nothing seems to escape their attention.

On another note, it seems the registration is working again.

Originally posted by singsofdeath

Originally posted by modus

It's good to see someone picking up the slack for all those "one-line-doom-sayers". They have been so quiet on this thread so far. Too bad that nothing seems to escape their attention.

On another note, it seems the registration is working again.

I expect the game to be a disappointment, not that i'm excited for it but I atleast hope it'll suprise me and be good. However it'll probably turn out like every mmorpg and joint he rest of the pile of crap mmorpgs. 2003 was the best year for mmorpgs tbh because it's the only year where I liked a few....

- EVE

- SWG

- PS

However all have been turned to shit.

• modusmodus Member UncommonPosts: 69

In response to singsofdeath ...

Did you look at my creation date? Yes I only have a few posts as most of the time there is little to comment about, but I've been around longer than yourself.

As for my comment, it was brief as due to reasons that I cannot disclose I am not allowed to talk about the game.

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

The link works for gamespot, you have to be a member/sign in so you can register your computer spec's.  I just did it myself, not sure if I'm going to do the 1 week end thing if I get accepted though.

Cheers

• MichielMichiel Member UncommonPosts: 235

Originally posted by cedori

The link works for gamespot, you have to be a member/sign in so you can register your computer spec's.  I just did it myself, not sure if I'm going to do the 1 week end thing if I get accepted though.

Cheers

If you decide not to do 1 weekend thing and you DO get a key, please be so nice to forward that key so someone who is praying to play some can use it for the full 100%. I haven't decided yet but it's possible I'll do the same if I get a key. Just haven't decided if I want to play AoC before release or not.

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Originally posted by tkreep

I dont know why a person would even tell this site or any other site the information of this event when it will make their chances getting in that 15k lesser.  Unless you you realy dont care about getting in and just enjoy helping people.
       Thats exactly what I was thinking.  Perhaps the OP is just a dumbass.....

~Hairysun~

• FaoiteFaoite Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by Hairysun

Originally posted by tkreep

Thats exactly what I was thinking.  Perhaps the OP is just a dumbass.....

~Hairysun~

Agreed, damn Ops and their crazy ways......wait a tick :)

On another note thanks for the heads up would have missed this promo, *crosses fingers for email confirm*