Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Square-Enix's new MMORPG for Vista/Xbox360/PS3

2»

Comments

• ZombiecodeZombiecode Member Posts: 4
    Its a pity, FF creator has split to create new IP on his Mistwalker company (on the plus side, some great new ips lke blue dragon and lsot odessey coming out from him - what a combo, teaming up with Dragonball maestro and FF composer maestro)

. FF will not be the same

Visit Devon and Cornwall

• ArkystArkyst Member Posts: 54

Has there been any updates to this topic?

I am very curious about it, I enjoyed Final Fantasy XI greatly and would be overjoyed for another creation to the series.

I have read all the OP's links and several more I discovered in my search for some hard facts, but still everything seems to be rumor at best. As of now, I can not seperate the facts from fiction.

Did Square-Enix say officially that it is a Final Fantasy title?

Have they been working on it for 2 years or just throwing the idea around?

I appologize if any of these were stated, as I said all the information as begun to merge together...

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

OMG Oo

i hadnt heard about it... but now im more hyped about this then anything else... loved FFXI ... but its probably far away....

Originally posted by narakuu

OMG Oo

i hadnt heard about it... but now im more hyped about this then anything else... loved FFXI ... but its probably far away....

I could not have said it better!

Once I heard the loose talk surrounding this, I lost interest in the other MMO's I was previously excited about.

Stargate, Warhammer, Biowares' newest project.

I care not for these, only for the rumors of a game I know nothing solid about. *sigh*

• ajimixajimix Member Posts: 1

this was the supposed version of FFXI for Xbox 360, but it was only a test.

As you can see in the images and videos, this is Jeuno. You can see the Auction House, the buildings and all the floors of jeuno, incluiding lower jeuno and the airships. You can also see a WHM with the nobles tunic walking, and in the end of film you can see The Boyahda Tree.

Would be nice if Xbox 360 FFXI version would be like this, but wasnt.

Sorry for my bad english

• BigteethBigteeth Member Posts: 19
    Sounds fun! Hopefully it does get released. I always liked FFXI, but not being able to get the coffins for AF1 because of farmers really irked me enough to quit about 5 months after it was introduced to the American Market. Stop the farming/gil sellers and I'll happily re-subscribe =).
  • VanillateaVanillatea Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by Arkyst

Has there been any updates to this topic?
    Did Square-Enix say officially that it is a Final Fantasy title?
    Have they been working on it for 2 years or just throwing the idea around?
    I appologize if any of these were stated, as I said all the information as begun to merge together...

They've been said to have been working on this for about two years, yes.  The tech demo was released before the TOAU expansion.  One of my links has a statement that they call this a new "Final Fantasy MMO" but looking at it again, it's only the article that says this and not SE.  Hmm go figure.  There's really no hardcore facts about this, only that SE is working on a new MMO.  They said in an interview that they're reveal more after April 2007, so they might say something about it at the Square Enix party on May 13th.  Or at least that's what I'm hoping when they say "a FF game no one's ever heard of before," but hey I could be wrong so no one get their hopes up. 

I did ninja-update with a couple of links since I didn't care enough to bump it myself. XD If you want an active forum talking about this mystery mmo, go here.  http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=932633 That is where I got some of my info.

Thanks Vanillatea!

I have been a zombie like creature since I heard word of this surface. Seeking for concrete information like a zombie seeks brains!

I do hope that it is indeed the game Square-Enix is planning to announce at their party this weekend.

• OmrieOmrie Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Any news from the Square-Enix party in Japan about the new MMO? If so can anyone post a link, I think it was going on through May 12 - May 13.
  • VanillateaVanillatea Member Posts: 80

OK, the SE party rumor proved to be a bust and Kotaku's proven to be as rumor-loving as this forum.  I'm removing the link from the compilation.  Hey, I did say not to get your hopes up! XD  People still curious about what happened at the SE party can go here.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/finally/ff-party-the-wrap+up-260084.php

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159370 games announced.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159493 small mention of new MMO (they want it multi-platform) and FFXI expansion announcement.

• irobot1234irobot1234 Member Posts: 1

Check SquareEnixMMO.com for the latest information, rumors, and discussion on SE's upcoming MMO.

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

what is Final Fantasy?

• Black_ElvisBlack_Elvis Member Posts: 188

I loved FFXI SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much....

My biggest pet peeves (which ultimately caused my leaving)

1. Gil farmers

2. Old/tired/jaded playerbase

3. Dated Content/graphics

4. Gil farmers

That being said I pray S.E. has another title in the works so i can GTFO of world of crapcraft.

• SempaiEclipseSempaiEclipse Member Posts: 164

Originally posted by Black_Elvis

I loved FFXI SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much....

My biggest pet peeves (which ultimately caused my leaving)

1. Gil farmers
    2. Old/tired/jaded playerbase
    3. Dated Content/graphics
    4. Gil farmers

That being said I pray S.E. has another title in the works so i can GTFO of world of crapcraft.
    new problems

5. Outdated.

6. It turns into more work then fun when you get up there in lvl..

7. Square got lazy.

I hope Square isn't lazy with this MMO.. Too bad Fantasy Earth is never coming to N.A;-;. Oh well I may import it later.

Thanks Impyriel for the sig^^

• rapstylerapstyle Member Posts: 31

Hmhmmhm,Square Enix can do well,XD.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Breezer19103

Originally posted by Shilar

If it's like Final Fantasy, it will not do good. Need MORE originality.
    Uh.. FFXI is one of the most successful MMOs to date.

It's the fact that it didn't sell like the offline FFs sell that are the root of the common misconception that it was a failure. Before WoW, 500,000 subscibers was like the target amount for an MMO to be considered very successful. Due to FFXI's unusually faithful player-base, they have maintained the 500,000 subscribers for nearly 5 years now.

Not only was it a success, it's actually a great MMO imo.

It's probably the most challenging MMO there is, and the job-change system goes with the MMO genre like bees to honey (or something).

PLEASE GOD PLEASE let them keep job changes for the new MMO, PLEASE!

I do not understand why all MMOs don't have this. It almost guarantees that your casual players will play longer to try out different jobs, and the hardcores will try to cap as many jobs as they can.

There is nothing that compares to the feeling of satisfaction of having a single character with such a wide variety of abilties and well... jobs.

I agree 100% ! Square enix might lack in some of the gaming ideas/skills but over all there games are unique and very challenging/rewarding.

There main lack of knowledge comes in the form of static spawn points/broken market economy/elite drops that are ONLY achieved from large raids.I would also say a little more ingenuity on there quest system/craft system and over all there game would be the best by a longshot.The game's economy was the biggest mistake as the cost/drop ratio was ridiculously unbalanced wich is why RMT activity flourished and the economy was broken.Spawn points that are static allow bots to sit there 24/7 and camp the top drops,just a couple of the huge mistakes they made in there game.

I hope they have learned or at least recognize there mistakes and fix this in there future MMO.I have alot of confidence in square that i would buy there next gen game in a blink of an eye.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• casketnomorecasketnomore Member Posts: 6

ff11 suk'd ass for the ps2 i bought it and i hated it...they need to update and bring eqoa to ps3 best concole mmo ever

• knives22knives22 Member Posts: 375

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The first 2 are fakes, and the last one is unknown, but definitely not the new MMO.It is believed to be FFXI in its really early stages.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by knives22

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    The first 2 are fakes, and the last one is unknown, but definitely not the new MMO.It is believed to be FFXI in its really early stages.

The first one may be just a graphical example, look at bottem left, u see the words al tools... Full name of there 3D engine is called Crystal Tools, and they have confirmed the works of a new Square Enix MMO, they said it "Will not be a FFXI MMO" but we all know WHATEVER it ends up being, it will be similar to a FF type world.  That is how Sq Enix works. ill get back to all with youtube video demonstrations of it, "its pretty old" and also on my other comp i have an artical from a square enix convention showing off there new engine and abilities. Alright heres the vid.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgtZvn5c4e4  its definently related, i mean look at how that elf guys walks, almost identicle to postur of FFXI elf guys. but deffinently new game.

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

I'm almost surprised to hear myself say this....but if SE launches a new MMO and the word on the street is at least somewhat decent, I think I'm gonna give it a whirl.

I loved FFXI, had some great times there, despite the lack of character customization, despite the fact I looked exactly the same (equipment wise) from level 5 to 30 or so. Despite everything, I really, really enjoyed the game.....which still baffles me today.

But yeah, I'm gonna keep an eye on this.

• OmrieOmrie Member UncommonPosts: 116

There used to be a website that would follow info on the new SE game..  squareenixmmo.com, but I think it got shut down. Does anyone know if  they moved to a different name?

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613

I think this would be great.  the challege of ffxi was my favorite thing about it.   The EPIC quests were also great; especially that fact that there were not 50 quests per small village, and yes the job class system was beautiful. 

Not original; i call shinanigans on the person who posted that

I will be eagerly awaiting a new Square - Enix game

• acranaacrana Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by tolasar1000

finishing it off
     http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268/tolasar1000/0804020902542819425.jpg
    http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268/tolasar1000/0804020903262819434.jpg
    http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268/tolasar1000/0804020904002819439.jpg
    https://www.cmpevents.com/GD08/a.asp?option=C&V=11&SessID=6854

lol 2-4 are fakes from ffxi.allakazham. they were the April Fools photos that were made. 1 is from the thing they had in feb. and they only showed that logo and ff13 photos.