Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

F.O.G has arrived.....

K33n0K33n0 Member Posts: 80

Its here! Fist Of Guthix, the new PvP minigame, is finally unveiled. The rewards sound great, but my only concern is that some of the "Set Effects" from the rewards may render certain pieces of equipment obsolete, or cause the price to tank rapidly. Apart frm that, heres to a great new minigame!

Comments

• K33n0K33n0 Member Posts: 80

I made that post before I played it. At the moment, it's waaaayyy to laggy, there are a number of bugs which me and my friends have uncovered, and with the sheer amount of people in the aena at any one time, its almost impossible to see your opponent. I managed to stand their for about 2/3 of the time limit, amassed 4.3k points, then won easily. The guy who I was against PMed me afterwards, and said that he didnt even know i was standing in the centre. I have been on the losing end of the above, too, where I couldn't even see the arrow above my opponents head. The rewards will be very time consuming to get, and as they degrade, and the repairment cost in points is also a lot, I think the items like the Mage Set, Combat Set etc. Would be better to just have as a status symbol, instead of using them in battle.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

I doubt i will try it but it sounds good.

Now what they need to make is a multi PvP minigame for clans because they are seriously left out. Im sure they'll make a good one.

?

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

I, surprisingly, enjoyed this minigame.  Although it's nothing like the old PK and the rewards are crap, it was pretty amusing.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Nevermind, it gets very boring after an hour or two.  Pointless rewards,...ugh, why can't jagex think of a good idea

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124

I have to agree with Mike. The game starts out kinda fun. But after playing a few games it becomes boring. Several issues I have with this game is the large amount of people that play. Maybe they should split it up so that there are several arenas to play that game in like clan wars or duel arena. Another issue I have is the portals. They are kinda helpful but they get abused by noobs. I was trying to attack someone and he kept teleporting over and over again. I know noobs need a chance to but it was getting ridiculous. He ended up winning  by 5 points. For sure the lag is very annoying.

• K33n0K33n0 Member Posts: 80

I agree, it was good for a while, and then it just got boring. Can it really be counted as PvP, tbh?

I'm probably gnna try and get the battle robes, just for parties etc., cuz its just not worth using, especially with the high repair price in tokens.

Best wait a few weeks until the hype dies down though. The lagg is already starting to clear up.