Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What skills?

What skills do you want this game to have?
I want pokemon. I know they can't call them pokemon so they can call them something else but that's what I want. I also want jedi.
EDIT:
I've found more generic rpg terms for the skills I'd like to see.
Jedi = psychic swordsmen
pokemon = monster summoner

Guild Wars 2 is my religion

Comments

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Those are skills?...  but it would be nice to know what kind of skills there are in game

• jagust05jagust05 Member Posts: 27

i do think it would be cool to know more about the skills in this game as well (they have said some about skills, tracking was mentioned in the thread called "First: Looks Cool" on page 7, it is the first post on that page) but it will be cool to go on this game and find out all the cool surprises without being told everything.  On that note i don't think that pokemon and Jedi (if you can call those skills) quite fit into this game's setting...i mean there will be magic and everything, maybe it could fit into that genre...

Yes, tracking was mentioned.  I would not be surprised if they are holding this information off until later in development.

• JatarJatar Member UncommonPosts: 348

Originally posted by jagust05

i do think it would be cool to know more about the skills in this game as well (they have said some about skills, tracking was mentioned in the thread called "First: Looks Cool" on page 7, it is the first post on that page) but it will be cool to go on this game and find out all the cool surprises without being told everything.  On that note i don't think that pokemon and Jedi (if you can call those skills) quite fit into this game's setting...i mean there will be magic and everything, maybe it could fit into that genre...
    Yes, we're keeping our Abilities (and Abilities system) under wraps.  I would love to tell you about it, but some things have to be kept for when you play the game.  Of course, a lot of this will come out at Beta, but until then we will have to be mysterious on this issue.  

Jatar

• FeldronFeldron Member UncommonPosts: 337

I would like short duration tank skills,DR, and definately HoT's

It will be interesting to see what kind of skills the game wil have.  I have always wondered if it was possible for people to work together as a skill.  For instance, I am attempting to craft a rather large, err, piece of armour.  Instead of working on this project all alone, perhaps I could team up with another crafter of the same skill level?  We both work together, and after we get the items we meet back up in the town.  Now that we have the items, we work together and craft the armour as a team.   Something that would normally take one hour would only take 30 minutes. 

Now after crafting this armour, my partner and I decide that it needs more bonuses.  After discussing what we should do, we take the armour to a dark wizard, and we bribe him to bless the armour with dark magic.  This makes the armour have great defence against fire, perhaps.  After that, we take it to a warrior and we make a deal and sell our armour, and make a nice profit.  We split it 50 50, and we're rich :)

The point is, I suggest that more than one person can work crafting an object.  This would encourage players to work together.  Then it encourages them to interact with a magician, so they can enchant the object.  This is encouraging players to work together.

Perhaps a nice piece of emerald would go great in the center... :)

• CalvinjaiCalvinjai Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by mike470

It will be interesting to see what kind of skills the game wil have.  I have always wondered if it was possible for people to work together as a skill.  For instance, I am attempting to craft a rather large, err, piece of armour.  Instead of working on this project all alone, perhaps I could team up with another crafter of the same skill level?  We both work together, and after we get the items we meet back up in the town.  Now that we have the items, we work together and craft the armour as a team.   Something that would normally take one hour would only take 30 minutes. 
    Now after crafting this armour, my partner and I decide that it needs more bonuses.  After discussing what we should do, we take the armour to a dark wizard, and we bribe him to bless the armour with dark magic.  This makes the armour have great defence against fire, perhaps.  After that, we take it to a warrior and we make a deal and sell our armour, and make a nice profit.  We split it 50 50, and we're rich :)

The point is, I suggest that more than one person can work crafting an object.  This would encourage players to work together.  Then it encourages them to interact with a magician, so they can enchant the object.  This is encouraging players to work together.
    Perhaps a nice piece of emerald would go great in the center... :)

That sounds awesome, i really like the idea. There should be a limit tho, or else solo players are going to be a at a complete disadvantage and players will be able to continuously make items better for profit.

I really like the direction the tracking spell is taking this game toward. There should be plenty of non-damage skills so that the game has some depth. For example, a spell that creates a small light (deals no damage) may seem useless, but can be used to see things in dark caves, or be used as a diversion at night to draw guards toward the light.