Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How's the bot situation? stability? hack?

gagaliyagagaliya Member Posts: 54

Got burned by so many of those free to play item shop korean games. 

But this one looks interesting, can the current players tell me honestly the bot/cheat/hack situation in this game?

Also any issues with account getting wiped, losing items, etc..due to server problems?

thanks

Comments

• DavynelordDavynelord Member Posts: 122

bots are crazy, everywhere all the time...GM's don't seem to do anything about it unless you report someone (with screenshots and video).   The hacks and cheats are visibly there.  Players with bots running around killing everything in sight so they can level up.....also they tend to be higher level players, thus much more powerful and if your lower level you sometimes can't complete your missions because their bot gets the killing blow, which means you don't get the credit for the kill (but you still get your xp).   when that happens I just switch servers until I find one with a low or no bot population.

As for the server issues, since I've been playing, they have been non-existance.   Haven't seen a server crash yet and haven't hear of anyone getting their accounts wiped or losing items.

The game does use xtrap, which as far as I understand is some sort of program that stops you from running third party programs on your computer to aid in playing the game afk or with a bot....but i've already seen just by doing a simply google search that people have hacked xtrap and learned how to disable it, therefore leaving cabal wide open for exploits through 3rd party programs....which is why I think the bots are out of hand.

Overall, the game is fun though if you like this style of action....if you can have patience and get around the stupid bots, you can enjoy the game.

Oh and forgot to add that I play the game for free.  I haven't purchased a premium account so I don't have access to the premium channels.   So maybe the GM's are keeping premium channels clean of bots and hacks and leaving the free player channels to deal with the bots and hacks....shrug!  I don't know, just a guess though.

• TrojanLordTrojanLord Member Posts: 26

The worst thing about Cabal are the alz ( in game currency ) sellers and botters.

Alz sellers are everywhere, shouting.. You can block them though, and they won't bother you again.

Botters are usually very low level. About 1-20/30. They get banned before reaching higher levels.

• azraileazraile Member Posts: 9

Yah the only cheating is people selling game money... wich there is a big problem with but i just turn trade or shout off....

and people who have bots that atuo target the cosest thing to them....

but you can just switch servers if there killing the thing you need....

or well... kill them... it is a PvP game... XD lol if there using a bot they can't realy fight back and even if they can if you die to some one WAY WAY WAY WAY higher level than you, you don't lose honor...

and if you acutaly kill the AFK botting #$#$# you get a buch of honor XD

• gagaliyagagaliya Member Posts: 54

thanks guys, a couple more questions, i just started playing.

1)Just to confirm, the only hack/cheats are bots and gold seller spams? For example noone is using speedhacks or any of those that will affect the actual gameplay?

2) Also i understand as part of the premium service you get to somehow hit a dummy and gaine exp. So does that mean, those that paid the service can legally use a bot to hit the dummies?  I always a bunch of people outside of town hitting the dummies nonstop.  

They have to be bots right? i mean who would want to sit there and hit the dummies for hours!

Originally posted by TrojanLord

The worst thing about Cabal are the alz ( in game currency ) sellers and botters.

Alz sellers are everywhere, shouting.. You can block them though, and they won't bother you again.

Botters are usually very low level. About 1-20/30. They get banned before reaching higher levels.
    Well I don't know about them being very low level...I just know when I'm level 50 and I have to kill a boss creature (something with a + next to it's name) and kill that thing 20 times....while I'm waiting on it to respawn and it takes me 7 - 10 hits to kill it.....some other player whom I presume to be a bot that's been running around smashing everything in sight non stop, just comes over and can take down that boss creature in 2 or three swings and often end up taking my kill from me....this means I have to spend forever trying to get my 20 kills.   They don't respond to tells or anything, so they are bots in my book.

so unless they are level 1-20 with completer skills then they must be hihger than level 20 or 30.....but they aren't as bad as the Alz spammers.    Those spammers are so bad that you can't even using the local chat for anything because the spam is shooting by every second non stop and pushes normal chat out of view too quickly.

Originally posted by gagaliya

thanks guys, a couple more questions, i just started playing.
    1)Just to confirm, the only hack/cheats are bots and gold seller spams? For example noone is using speedhacks or any of those that will affect the actual gameplay?
    2) Also i understand as part of the premium service you get to somehow hit a dummy and gaine exp. So does that mean, those that paid the service can legally use a bot to hit the dummies?  I always a bunch of people outside of town hitting the dummies nonstop.  
    They have to be bots right? i mean who would want to sit there and hit the dummies for hours!
    Well I somehow found a link to a forum where they were discussing how to beat/bypass xtrap and there were also tutorials and bots and other things there which discussed how to detect pixel shades so that the combo bar could be manipulated by a hack and give you perfect timing to get high combo's.  There were a few other things used for cheating as well.   I didn't read everything,just  skimming that site.

Basically I was simply looking for a way to figure out how to let xtrap allow my keyboard mapping program work and communicate with cabal.   with all my games (well most), I map my PS2 controller through a program which communicates my controller presses to the keyboard and allows me to play MMO's that don't have joystick support.    I tend to play for many hours at a time and cabals combo system and constant need to use blue and red pots while doing retargets, be precise on the combo bar, watch my health and watch targets health all becomes a bit much because I often have to look down at the keyboard to see where what buttons my fingers are on...which just screws up my combo's.   With a controller, I know exactly where buttons are, what they are and what they do....PS2 controller is like part of my hand now, It's second nature....so while looking for information to do this without cheating or hacking, I came across that forum about hacking xtrap.

As for the premium service, yes it gives you access to the dummy's.   Basically you can train 30% of your current sword/magic skill rank on dummy's before level 90....after level 90 you can train 100% of your sword/magic skills on dummies.   So if you have swords and it's rank has a maximum of 64 levels (I think that is Advanced Expert IIRC)....you can only train up to 19 out of the 64 levels.    That's if you start training from 0/64.   If you have say, 5/64 already, then you can only train an additional 14 levels on dummies.  If you have 20/64....then you won't be able to train any skills on the dummies until you reach the next skill rank.   It's a flat 30% of the maximum skill rank you can train on the dummies, not 30% of what you already have.

Bots to my knowledge are all illegal or more appropriately against the TOS.   People probably do use bots on the dummys but you'd have to bypass or hack xtrap in order to do so and that's a bannable offense.

Most people though simply fill up on magic pots (hundreds of them...premium accounts can buy bigger stacks than free accounts) and they use a low MP costing skill, stick some paper or something to jam the attack button and just let it run until you reach your 30% max trainable.

There are other tricks, like start attacking the dummy and then open up the item store  or hold your attack button down and then alt-tab or if in window mode, just click outside of the cabal window and both ways will let your player continue attacking until you either run out of pots or if you stop it yourself.

I've done it the last way myself the other day.....with some adept gear on, you train your sword, magic skills or both pretty quickly....cost a lot in MP pots...but hell it's worth it to get some stronger attacks.

Biggest problem is that you don't make money, you don't get loot drops to sell, you don't have parts to do any crafting of items to make money while your skill training on dummies.....so chances are unless you already have millions, you won't be able to afford the higher level sword or magic skills due to the high price of them.....2 master skills can cost you over 1 million Alz  easy.....I ran into that problem, spent so much on mp pots, I barely have enoough for buying high level skills.

• AwesominityAwesominity Member UncommonPosts: 93

Bots are a huge thing in this game. I've seen so many Alz sellers that I started thinking that it might not be against the ToS or EULA. If I'm in town I keep local chat off now. It's ridiculous.

And not everyone who skills at the dummies are bots. A lot of people I know just set it for auto attack before they go to sleep and then stop when they get up.

• wolebawoleba Member Posts: 3

hackers and bots are all MMORPG's life time enemies. They are like cockroaches, GMs banned them, they will be back with a new account. I quit playing Cabal because of this, TOO-TOO many hackers and bots.