Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mabinogi?

ZANGFEIZANGFEI Member Posts: 439

Has anyone tried Mabinogi?

I think it's a good game BUT yes there is always a one of those "BUT".  It seems the developers have one thing in mind and thats to use the Cash Shop. You need it big time if you are into tradeskills, Mining ecT

It just seems to me if you want to do anything at all besides just level your char you have to pay.

I think the game Should be P2P and take those timers away, God i feel like i am on a Clock all the time.

It's like when someone tries to talk to you SORRY can't talk now on the Clock.......

It could be a very fun game but  the Cash Shop and timers are way to much on equal bases.

Comments

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

its made by nexon what did you expect :)

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

The game isn't bad.  but not using the cash shop is barely an option(if you want to get above a certain power tier).

The game is pretty much skill based(character), when you level and age you get AP points.  when you level you get an AP point when you age you get 7-0 depending on your age(after a certain age you don't get anymore).  Then the first item in the cash shop is a remort (referred to as rebirth card in game and in shop, but it's still a fricking remort card) which gives you the ability to restart your characters age and levels (losing stats that you've gained through leveling, and keeping skills that you've learned).  So that's 7.90(depending on the person every 3 weeks or every 3 months)  there's also an option in there for a 9.50 card which just gives you more faces(which you can keep with the cheap remort if you don't change your looks).

then tthere are 3 packages.  one that offeres semi-random items, one that offers more bank space(and some more inventory space, also a requirement for guild leaders), and one that offers the ability to avoid the death penalties a few times a day.  you also need a package active to complete storyline missions, which is a few handfuls of challenges that get pretty difficult with cutscenes.   an individual package costs 9.50 or you can get all of them for 14.90.  after you get the story missions done most people won't have a need for a package at all.

all in all the game will end up costing some people a little over 20 something dollars a month while others costing about 3 every month(assuming they're paying something).  

a very amusing sales plan that works because once you start an MMO the average person(even non-mmoers) will get achievement trapped after a month or so of playing for free.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• ZANGFEIZANGFEI Member Posts: 439

Nice feedback...

I ran into the I NEED extra room after the first few hours, and i only heard stories about having to pay extra to do special storyline quests "If you want to be a Paladin" or something of that standard.

Also it's not like we are paying every month on a Credit Card and what happens to our items when we fail to pay on time.  Think of a Guild leader out of town,  OOps there goes the Guild supplies.

They (Developers are only hitting Some people every month) why when they could just as easy get them all.  Ok we know they are going to get all of them every 25th birthday but gees 1 birthday a week.

I keep saying it's a good game BUT take the BS out of it. 

I would never pay that amount on something like this, to may variables involved.

I am a Trade skills type a Guy and probably would use up whatever space a Guild could have in no time,

More bags please...... emm that will be 9.99 on sale today (chuckles)... "not".

• PonicoPonico Member UncommonPosts: 650

No Mabinogi is not really a game that can be fully enjoyed if you’re not paying a little. The game is overall “AMAZING!” and as a paying member that takes Mabinogi like a P2P MMO, 14$ is the price I pay per month. However, I predict that within the next 3 months, I’ll be done with the storyline quest and that I’ll be able to drop down to extra inventory only and such. At this point, the game will only cost 8$ per month.

Rebirth is 5$ so that’s seriously nothing… Eating lunch here is about 15$ so it’s not really a big deal.

Also,

I don’t understand why some people are like; “I wouldn’t pay for a game like this?”

I’m curious… why wouldn’t you pay? What’s so bad about this game then any other MMO out there? The game is actually far superior to probably 80% of the market, has more features and things to do then most upcomming MMOs. Not saying Age of Conan sucks but  in AOC, you can’t even do 40% of what you can do in Mabinogi.  I’ve tried so many games this year and so far, AION looks promising, Pirates wasn’t as good as expected, Vanguard was bad, most WOW clones were bad since I already hate WoW.. Then out of nowhere, I got to find this little gem lol.

Seriously, look at the big picture here. This game is free to play but with P2P options, you get the full benefit of an MMO (if not even more)

• ZAGANZAGAN Member Posts: 236

What you get for free is to look around thats it. as  far as having fun i guess if you call being on a fetch on time or you lose fun then go for it because that is not fun to me.

Tried it .... and no thank you.

• zerryonzerryon Member UncommonPosts: 17

I am currently playing Mabinogi and enjoying it a lot so far. I personally prefer the cash shop method to the P2P since I dont  always have the extra cash for monthly subscriptions.  Even if you dont pay money you can still get some fun out of the game.

• HughmungoHughmungo Member Posts: 1

i got a question.

from the pics it looks like this game is very linear, like old style fps's where you have to follow a path with only a few open areas, is this the case?

i would just download it and find out, but my net connection at home wont be up for awhile, if the game isnt too linear (like Fable), i would download it at work and play it there :P

ahh the internet, where men are men, women are men and children are cops.