Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Attribute stone success rates?

BlomiBlomi Member Posts: 200

Any experiences with applying attribute stones to S grade weapons?  Whats the fail rate?

Comments

• EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193

Its the same rate as skill overenchanting, both processes use the same algorithm, mitigated in both cases  by your level. I don't have the figures under my fingertips to post here, do a search on some of the other L2 forums and you'll find the stats.

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris

• BlomiBlomi Member Posts: 200

Woah, hang on there.  Mitigated by level?  So I should have my level 80 friend put stones on my weapon instead of doing it myself (me not 80)??  I invested in a bunch of dark stones and i don't wanna throw away any of them at 50 mil a pop ><

• BlomiBlomi Member Posts: 200

Weapons with attribute stones attached can be traded right???

• EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193

Yes, its tradeable. Anyone can do it and your friend can do it for you.

My current understanding is that  the chance is something like lv76 = 70% , Lv77 = 78% Lv78 =83%  Lv79 =88% Lv80 = 95%. These are gleamed from Korean sites so I am not 100% sure on the figures, a lot of stuff gets lost in translation.

WRT the stones; For eg, Success on 28 Firestone enchants (yeah good luck !) will give you a  maximum fire attribute of 150 which equates to a fire damage bonus of up to 70% extra fire damage (another comparison I found that a clean draconic bow with a fire attribute of 150 was equivalent to a +8 draconic bow as an example)

This is ofcourse directly mitigated by fire and general resistances, so on most buffed high level players with decent jewellery and resist buffs this will be the ball park of a 20-25% damage bonus, still not bad. However, the gap between those in S grade and/or those without adequate elemental defenses just became significantly wider.

So, S grade equipped players who successfully enhance their weapons with Special Abilities, Lifestones and Elemental Attribute Stones will decimate any grade below them with reckless abandon.

Furthermore, you should pick an elemental attribute which is closest to your main attack, ie Fire for Sorcerers, Water for Spellsingers, Wind for Spellhowlers, if you have a Paladin or Swordsinger you may consider a Divine bonus as it will add directly to your holy weapon and so on. Each class has some form of preferred elemental attribute which they will have in their arsenal. Thats the stone you should go for.

Similarly the IoP quest for the contaminated crystals is a bit of a PIA atm as you have to do it everytime you want to get into the crystal rooms (3 rooms: Emerald, Steam and Coral) . However , its still worth having a go (need to be lv 78+ though >< ) as the elemental stone drop rates are due to decrease post patch and will only remain the same inside the crystal rooms.

The crystal rooms have some awesome one group raid content (very very hard with lots of traps and mini puzzles - very cool) and also have a higher drop rate of the divine and dark stones.

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris