Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wish they would remake this game..

SputniikSputniik Member Posts: 31

.. exactly as is, just with whole new set of graphics!

I love everything about this game but I left it for L2.. guess why? ..Goddamn eyecandy. image

Comments

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869
    I've played Lineage II during Beta and feel your pain. Perhaps now you realize that graphics is way overrated, gameplay is what counts most. Although I think SL graphics is fairly good.

• SputniikSputniik Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by Alekhin
    Perhaps now you realize that graphics is way overrated, gameplay is what counts most.

You would THINK I'd smarten up like that ..huh?  But still playing it. Well.. having RL friends in it is part of the reason.

• OudoksujaOudoksuja Member Posts: 106

Yup, looking at the pathetic piece of crap that is L2 I do miss AO a lot every now and then. But then I remember the infinite rows of Hecklers queuing to be slain so that in a few days of only that I could get a new level.

Graphics redo would be nice for AO, but don't assume it'd be enough. :)

• crockcrock Member Posts: 556

Originally posted by Oudoksuja
    Yup, looking at the pathetic piece of crap that is L2 I do miss AO a lot every now and then. But then I remember the infinite rows of Hecklers queuing to be slain so that in a few days of only that I could get a new level.
    Graphics redo would be nice for AO, but don't assume it'd be enough. :)

true

only some noobs fanboys have no idea that after lvl 200 u can slain only hecklers::::01::::::01::::::01::

Heehee yeah.. Shadowlands wasn't so great it's mainly the RubiKa stuff I miss. So I guess environment graphics don't matter TOO much to me.. I just want to look hawt, right?

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

SL looks really nice, I like elysium and Adonis the best. Penumbra hurts my eyes, Inferno is abit laggy, and if Pen is white then inf is red.. :)

That aside, I like rubi-ka wereas I hate SL.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

I won't say graphics are bad, but the animations need serious work. They are not dynamic enough, and the whole issue with the Shade stab animation being the door open/pick lock animation is a bit sad. Hopefully they fix it soon, but the sluggish gameplay has stopped me from playing.

• SalvSalv Member Posts: 3

I seriously doubt Funcom could even afford rewriting the graphics engine. I left AO for Lineage2, then started AO again some a months ago. Lin2 is a sad, sad game.

Going back to AO was like coming to mmorpg heaven, a game where you can actually do other things than grind and still get something of value out of it.

• DevellinDevellin Member Posts: 51

Personally I think SL was a step backward  from what they could have done... I mean from what I heard all it is, is one giant camping/grind session throughout the whole xpack... Yeah you got two new character types out of it but, the price for them was to just sit around camp a heckler and then grind. Then you get lucky if the heckler you needed was not killed by some other guy that did not need it. THen you  sit around even longer  and wait for the spawn. I think they worried more aobut  Eyecandy on SL than anything else really.Hopefully with the player made cities in AI there won't be as much camping and waiting as there was in SL..

Honestly dunno why peopel love to sit in a game and just camp/and grind the day away... just kinda blows my mind of anything rational these days heh.

WhoWha!!!

Good, Evil, I'm the guy with the gun. -Ash, Army of Darkness-

• jerryk72jerryk72 Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by Devellin

I mean from what I heard all it is, is one giant camping/grind session throughout the whole xpack...
    Honestly dunno why peopel love to sit in a game and just camp/and grind the day away... just kinda blows my mind of anything rational these days heh.

This is the problem with alot of games. People "hear" things and don't experience them first hand. Its true that there are spots that are heavily camped, but thats not because they HAVE to be. Its because people would rather camp for an item than search for it other ways. Certain areas have higher drop rates for things. Its all this big rush to be uber.  You don't necessarily need all uber equipment to succeed or have fun in the game, but thats all people seem to think.

• BeldaroBeldaro Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by jerryk72

I mean from what I heard all it is, is one giant camping/grind session throughout the whole xpack...

This is the problem with alot of games. People "hear" things and don't experience them first hand. Its true that there are spots that are heavily camped, but thats not because they HAVE to be. Its because people would rather camp for an item than search for it other ways. Certain areas have higher drop rates for things. Its all this big rush to be uber.  You don't necessarily need all uber equipment to succeed or have fun in the game, but thats all people seem to think.

Yea, you can sit in the garden and chat away, stand still at a tower-fight due to the 30 second lag, sit at mercs/eel and rake in the raid-points (which is dead now on rk-2 i heard, ethernals bots are toast lol), camp the sided mobs for moronic specialization book-parts which is just a timesink*5, or solo some... ohwait to solo u haveto be doc, sorry...

Their vision is dead, now im playing pirates and having a laugh so graphics truly isnt important ^^

*edit*  quote: "Certain areas have higher drop rates for things.", which game we're you playing? lol what items drop more somewhere where? whut?

_______________________________________________________________________________________

• jerryk72jerryk72 Member Posts: 10

Originally posted by Beldaro

Yea, you can sit in the garden and chat away, stand still at a tower-fight due to the 30 second lag, sit at mercs/eel and rake in the raid-points (which is dead now on rk-2 i heard, ethernals bots are toast lol), camp the sided mobs for moronic specialization book-parts which is just a timesink*5, or solo some... ohwait to solo u haveto be doc, sorry...
    Their vision is dead, now im playing pirates and having a laugh so graphics truly isnt important ^^

*edit*  quote: "Certain areas have higher drop rates for things.", which game we're you playing? lol what items drop more somewhere where? whut?

You can do that too! But instead of harping on the negative, try finding something positive to do. I know, its easier to say negative stuff, but if you actually took the time to do things slowly, you'll see alot of positives about AO.

About the drop rates thing, I mean't to say "Spawn" rates. While we are on the subject, things like book parts drop from factioned mobs, which you can find all over the Shadowlands. However, there are certain places with a larger concentration of factioned mobs so the likely hood of a book part dropping, is greater.

• MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389

screw graphics...

AO needs better servers... where it doesn't lag when just 20 people go in 1 area

Maxxxi - Frostfell - Asherons Call 2

• .Reaper..Reaper. Member Posts: 30

I love both Lineage II and Anarchy Online, both had tons of fun playing them but you are right the servers need some maintainence or just new ones period. They tend to lag when areas become over-crowded.

- - - - - -
    MMORPG RETIRED: - Everquest - Dark Age of Camelot - Lineage II - Runescape -
    BETA ACCEPTIONS: - Planetside - Everquest - Guildwars - World War II Online - Lineage II - EVE Online -

- - - - - -
    MMORPG RETIRED: - Everquest - Dark Age of Camelot - Lineage II - Runescape -
    BETA ACCEPTIONS: - Planetside - Everquest - Guildwars - World War II Online - Lineage II - EVE Online -

• Originally posted by Sputniik

.. exactly as is, just with whole new set of graphics!
    I love everything about this game but I left it for L2.. guess why? ..darn eyecandy. image

Everyone has their reasons for playing whatever game they choose. But keep in mind the intended shelf life for a MMORPG is 5 years. No matter what the eyecandy in any MMORPG will get old. So if the only reason one plays a certain MMORPG is because of eyecandy, or the only reason one dislikes a MMORPG is because of lack of eyecandy, one will end up missing out on soooo much. One will end up switching MMORPGs every 6 months to 1 year. One will end up never getting to know what makes the classic MMORPGs.... so classic.

=========================
    ======= SIGNATURE =========
    MMORPG games I've played:
    -------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    -----------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

EVE Online !!!
    ----------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

Well to be honest I was exagerating a bit when I said I play for the eye candy. A HUGE part of it IS the graphics for sure but I do have fun in the game too... sometimes.. and the endgame (aka being uber) is oh so much more motivating in L2 than any other MMo I've played.

I logged back into AO few weeks ago and cancelled promptly after because I missed being a sexy young thang. I'm incredibly incredibly vain.. yes.

• Originally posted by Sputniik

Well to be honest I was exagerating a bit when I said I play for the eye candy. A HUGE part of it IS the graphics for sure but I do have fun in the game too... sometimes.. and the endgame (aka being uber) is oh so much more motivating in L2 than any other MMo I've played.
    I logged back into AO few weeks ago and cancelled promptly after because I missed being a sexy young thang. I'm incredibly incredibly vain.. yes.

I will admit the Female characters in Lin2 are graphically more..... errr.... graphic LOL!

AO for a while had the most graphic.... graphics for female characters. (The original EQ started the mess first with the Female Wood Elf. Then AO took it to a new level with its realistic females in Thongs doing the mooning action. SWG took it to an even higher level. I don't know if Lin2 has a variety of character motions (like for example AO has), so I'd say right now it is a tie between Lin2 and SWG in terms of how errr.... graphic the graphics are for Female characters LOL. It might end up a three way tie when EQ2 comes out.

======= SIGNATURE =========
    MMORPG games I've played:
    -------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    -----------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

EVE Online !!!
    ----------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

I agree Dev, so why would people play a game like lineage 2? For AI, my guild is gonna make one big arena as a city, since we live at Tir Arena anyway ;p now we get to have our own arena hehe.image

Originally posted by Beldaro

Originally posted by jerryk72

Raid bots on clan side on rk2 are dead yeah, Ethernal got hacked and lost the point data. Can't blame him for giving up tho he hasn't played the game himself for over a year.
    I think this is a good thing tho. instead of having a raid of 50 people where 40 of them are leeching you can make one good guild team to kill mercs, which has been done some lately. The people that actually _need_ merc loot gets it, and they work for it. Newbies are too spoiled, going to mercs from lvl 150-200 not doing anything but farm points.

• FizblixFizblix Member UncommonPosts: 130

I'm not picky when it comes to graphics.   AO was visually one of the best looking games at its time.  I have no issue with the graphics in AO either... to an extent.

main thing about the graphics in AO that I hate  is that  they are not as good as SWG or FFXI or other new games(which is understandable and not what I hate) YET.... 

Yet AO is laggier on the client side.   Its not as bad now as it was when the game first came out, but still can get stuttery.    SWG gets stuttery as well  after playing so many hours without a reboot.   FFXI however You can stay logged in for +10 hours and still not get any stuttering or need to reboot.

I'm sure there are a few fanboys who will defend AO on every issue and  disagree, saying they never stutter in AO.... go ahead,   but I agree with the oringal post.  They should find a way to get a more optimized graphics system for the next expack, and while they are at it   they might as well update the graphics.

Edit: When I say stuttery, I'm talking about when you zoned into Trade or Tyr after being out hunting for a few hours... SWG I mean when you have been out of say.. theed for a few hours and you head back into the city.

Mostly Harmless Guild   ♦  Youtube  ♦  Sponsored by Mr. Beer
  • NoizMchnNoizMchn Member UncommonPosts: 29

I already posted about how I think that AO needs an overhaul.

However, I wanted to point at that while yes, Hecklers are a sour note to a lot of people, it doesn't have to be that way.image  At least I think, I've only made it up to level 82 and I try to avoid Hecklers as much as possible simply because of all the "dooods" that seem to chase them.  I don't know about level 200+ but there were people who made level 200 before the Shadowlands even came out.

In short - if you don't like camping... don't.

• brahma9brahma9 Member Posts: 4
    at low lvl you have variety in AO to hunt, after lvl 200 you NEED hecklers to lvl, and if you tone the graphics to a minimum, you dont lag as much at tower battles or crowded areas, gee i cant remember the last time i lagged at BB Ent rk1, thats cause no one is hardly there, i never lag in gardens or jobe platform but what can i say yeah i like to look at things in full, id hate to tone graphics downimage

• MezzmasterMezzmaster Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by brahma9
    at low lvl you have variety in AO to hunt, after lvl 200 you NEED hecklers to lvl, and if you tone the graphics to a minimum, you dont lag as much at tower battles or crowded areas, gee i cant remember the last time i lagged at BB Ent rk1, thats cause no one is hardly there, i never lag in gardens or jobe platform but what can i say yeah i like to look at things in full, id hate to tone graphics downimage

Having played since late 12.x release, I found AO to be like a rollercoaster ride.

It started out blowing my mind on the graphics front, lag was a issue back then, but hey who cared it looked cool. Content was limited to Single player missions (no team missions back then) and a few statics. BUT one thing I found excilerating was the flow of new content/ideas provided a very warm fuzzy feeling, as it was on par to both my leveling experience and the RP part of the game.
    Pre-SL, I admit I was getting a little bored of AO, as I had achieved my goals (2 of my favourite Chars sat @ level 200) and had resorted to walking round zones doing screen dumps of unusal things for org website......

Then Shadowlands came along.......

Oh my, it looked great, did a bit of public beta, got hooked and thought 'Wow! this is sooooo cool'. First thing i did was to start a new char (Keeper) got it to level 50, then shelved it to spend some time progressing my two main toons.

What went wrong? well it was simple, to level past 200 I first needed: keys to access appropriate play fields, faction in order to maximise Shadow knowledge reward, and equipment to survive in the relevant areas.... Soooooo after spending a lot of time with the few high level players in the org I was in getting all this stuff together, what do I find i need to do to level at a normal pace?

Kill Hecklers :(

Ok, for the first two shadow levels it was sort of cool, as they drop these nice metal ingots worth loadsa creds.....
    But after getting too 207 on one and 205 on the other I developped a irrational allergy to big piles of rocks.

in answer to the people saying you don't need to kill hecklers to level: your right you don't, however IF you want to level, you still need to grind through the key quests and if you plan on going into Inferno to imrpove your faction, you will need to grind away at getting a pair of inferno booties too. Plus if you plan on leveling killing non-heckler wildlife, you better grind away a week or two building your faction upto max, coz your gonna need every break possible due to the vast difference in SK between hecklers/<anything else>

Of course you could do what a lot of my long time friends did, and just Ignore the shadowlands expansion and pretend that 200 still is top of the tree ;)

later.

• brahma9brahma9 Member Posts: 4
    yeah I totally agree with you Mezzmaster...lol, i was thinking that i prolly have more fun with the game between lvls 1-100, a lot less grinding between those lvls, plus i got an RL bud trying it out and it makes things kind of fresh again. We are having a blast at lvls 20 right now.