Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Terrible game.

HypergolicHypergolic Member Posts: 11

This game has FAIL written all over it.

Poorly managed by a company that doesn't respond to anything.

The cash shop prices are so high that only spoiled kids with access to mommy's PayPal account will ever spend any money on the game.

When you login to AoA it's like a ghost town most of the time and you maybe see 2 or 3 people running around at peak hours, but none of them appear to be sociable or want to help out new players.

I'd comment further on the community but the game doesn't have one, it just has a few stragglers that either haven't figured out the game sucks or the die hards that want to desperately dominate the game since they invested a ton of time in the grind.

And it's really fun to make it to the levels where the maps are all PvP so that some asshole that has played since closed beta can one shot you.

If you want to play a game where you get to do an amazingly laggy dungeon instance 25 QUADRILLION times to level up your mech and where EXP is so bad at mid to high levels that you'd rather slit your  wrists than log in, AOA might just be the game for you.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the laggy dungeon can only be done once every 24 hours so you have to make an army of alts to get enough fragments to upgrade just your main character.

If you want to play a game that makes you feel like you are working in a Chinese factory 16 hours a day then AoA is the one.

Comments

• WeareweareWeareweare Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Originally posted by Hypergolic

want to play a game that makes you feel like you are working in a Chinese factory 16 hours a day then AoA is the one.

Finally! xD

• xdragonfistxdragonfist Member CommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by Weareweare

Finally! xD

laugh

• hellsfearhellsfear Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by Hypergolic

This game has FAIL written all over it.
    Poorly managed by a company that doesn't respond to anything.
     The cash shop prices are so high that only spoiled kids with access to mommy's PayPal account will ever spend any money on the game.
    When you login to AoA it's like a ghost town most of the time and you maybe see 2 or 3 people running around at peak hours, but none of them appear to be sociable or want to help out new players.
    I'd comment further on the community but the game doesn't have one, it just has a few stragglers that either haven't figured out the game sucks or the die hards that want to desperately dominate the game since they invested a ton of time in the grind.
    And it's really fun to make it to the levels where the maps are all PvP so that some asshole that has played since closed beta can one shot you.
    If you want to play a game where you get to do an amazingly laggy dungeon instance 25 QUADRILLION times to level up your mech and where EXP is so bad at mid to high levels that you'd rather slit your  wrists than log in, AOA might just be the game for you.
    Oh, I forgot to mention that the laggy dungeon can only be done once every 24 hours so you have to make an army of alts to get enough fragments to upgrade just your main character.
    If you want to play a game that makes you feel like you are working in a Chinese factory 16 hours a day then AoA is the one.

I COULD NOT AGREE ANY MORE THAN I DO RIGHT NOW!!!!

• dcy0077dcy0077 Member Posts: 5

How terrible is Terrible? but this game will be dull as people do play alone.

In the name of Lucifer, rest in peace

• KartuhnKartuhn Member Posts: 139

God knows I gave it a good shot through open beta but the OP is dead on. I tried to like it... I really did. I even went so far as to write a few positive posts about the game's potential yet the sheer grind and the prickish community drove me out. Too bad Snail deigned to depend on a few arrogant egomaniac players to dictate how the "western world" would like to play. I got a real kick out of recieving an e-mail in regards to some VIP Key. I wouldn't come back to that game if they paid me a salary!

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276

The worst part is that one of those arrogant players was recently made a gm. also, apparently a few of them are throwing a tantrum on their forums about spending a lot of money and not getting special transformation modules.... Have no clue what games are coming to, but with the recent set of failures I've seen in f2p games I went back to a good old p2p game where problems are few and far.

• Jesse80Jesse80 Member Posts: 8

the game is not bad and it has gotten better with transformation

• hellsfearhellsfear Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by Jesse80

What are you talking about, this ame could not get any worse. its like a poripine in the petting zoo of life.

• demon34demon34 Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Jesse80

wtf is wrong with u man seems dat u have a messed up sense of good games

• SonokishiSonokishi Member Posts: 3

I believe this game is bad myself. . .  I went through the trouble to download it all and I even gave it a chance from all the other MMORPGs due to the fact it has mechas. I love Mecha, so therefore I thought my interest in the theme of the game might help me get attached to a free game for well, fun. . .  I found it very sad that there was so little people. The controls are a little unique compared tot he usual game like AoA. AoA lacks the graphics, you can't scroll out and have to watch your robot's bulky shape. And the "thrusters" need to seem like it's actually alive. I'd understand seeing my robot was a bulky fat robot that would be the heaviest type around (Lizard, Enhanced Humans Robot) but even the animations for the attacks were disappointing.

Just by walking around the training place with training hover-bikes everywhere you could just see it's the casual Silk-Road other typical click-hit-kill, find new target. Honestly I can't keep making anymore suggestions. I've played Mecha games with interfaces that are capable of being played on Gameboy Color and it is way better than this. It requires a lot of work and better help screens, possibly better beginner items. I disliked how you would think it's cool, 1 minute later it was getting annoying, and 3 minutes later you find yourself with 3 weapons and need to use those 4 "valuable" skill points for weapon skills because your pilot is a recruit and can't do crap other then be able to use his laser sword.

I'm sure you're all tired of reading this big post but I'll give my overall thought. It pretty much needs work, has ways to go and needs to make itself unique. If it had a "Gunz: the Duel" interface with robots, or "SD Gundam(Generation)" interface, it'd be better, much better.

2/10 - Play it, you'll understand.

Worth the 1.2+ GB download? - If you got a fast internet (like myself) and can download it by 15 minutes, I'd say it's still not worth it. Unless you never played any games worthwhile in your life, then stick to your other hobbies, this is a gamer's worst enemy, and this includes Mech lovers.

I'm still waiting for the UCGO (gundam mmorpg) to go into open beta and restore my faith in mecha mmo's after playing such a watered down game like aoa. To be honest the only people who will say this is a good game are the people from the company. While those few players who have spent lots of money in the cash shop have no choice , but to believe the game is good. The game excelled in China and thats wheres I recommend you play the game if you really must to see it in a better aspect .(content wise) Whats even worse is the vip account reward they are giving away is pretty much stuff you could of gotten from the start. Until they made all those changes to gimp players... ...

Well If you don't have any trouble with Korean games, go to "Netmarble" and find the Gundam game. You basically can get mainly all the new Gundams (Possibly those other new gundams that keep appearing) and can play with other people throughout the game. Even if you don't know Korean, it's all self-explanatory (That's how a game should be) and has a moderate gameplay. It isn't the hack-slash-win game, it requires some control, and has its cool aspects. I played for about 2 days before my weekend was over (School bites) and so I can't continue playing it as much. Several problems you might run to is the fact Korean Games now require you to have all these things like passport codes from Korea so only Koreans can play or something. If you get through that, I am happy to know another Mecha-lover has joined in. Also you could say Netmarble is just like "ijji.com" which has several free online games. Yes it does have quests and other modes and overall kind of fits "Gunz: The Duel" kind of feel, just that there is no "Unlimited jumps and slash-shots" everywhere . I hope that Gundam game you speak of comes out, I might give it a try. I will stay in topic and give one more feedback to AoA. It sucks, period. Good game everyone, no remakes.

• LunarheartsLunarhearts Member Posts: 29

lolz, this is so funny, im downloading this game with average speed 1 Kbps and have to download 1.22 Gb. I thought i have prob with my pc but no, everything still okay with another game, i wonder if i still alive when i finish download this game!

Lady_Killer

• gstlagstla Member Posts: 57

I think one of the most common misconceptions about a game like AoA, Age of Armor, is that you can go in the game and learn everything you need to know without doing some research; such as checking the forums at bbs.aoaus.com

Kage, the game has gotten a bit better for me, we got the transformation modules that we "cried for", they're pretty.  I'm honestly looking forward to the gundam game myself, i'll hit level 50 in the next few days.

AoA may not be as polished as other games, but there are a few changes that should be coming up with the Routine-Maintenance like 2x the fragment of part alterations from the Exotic Planet, and EXP boosts on the Monsters in Space war (3x) and Battle Planet (2x).

Quite honestly, I would rather play a small game with maybe 400-500 players (and I did for 4 years), then a huge one with 1000's of players.  Community are the friends that you meet in and outside of the game.  AoA has an okay community, its nothing huge, but it has helpful people.

Quite honestly, the cash shop, I've said a billion times, people aren't meant to have the rank 6 and 7 items.  When you look at the difference between a rank 5 and 6 Chip or Enhancer, the difference is often almost as much as a factor of 5

Particle 5 (1200) Particle 6 (6200)

(12x5=60)

The Cash Shop prices may cater to the wealthy, but they won't help those who haven't already helped themselves.

When it comes down to it, AoA , at this point is a fun game, it's pretty simple when you learn all the basics--which aren't explained very well admittedly .

Graphics, Game-Boy?  Umm Yeah.  Maybe a GBA, but I think that the graphics actually fit this game pretty well.  It's a "WoW" sort of theme, the creativity and the cartoonishness of the mechs add to the "Wow I want this or that".  I won't deny that they could be better, but do you honestly think that upgrading the graphics is terribly important? 

Sure, they're important, but they're not as important as content for example.  Having better graphics doesn't mean much when they cater to those with gaming-rigs. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan-boy and I know a lot of the faults of AoA right now, we're working over time to make it a more friendly game, but it's foolish to give it such a horrible review when you don't check the forums.

This game has some grind as kage said, you can do your daily quests and relax or play something else.  In the long-run it's a game for those who enjoy mech's.  Getting my Wing of Freedom as a reward the other day was probably one of my best MMO feelings to date.

-GST (sorry about the random paragraphs i should be sleeping)

thank you, gstla. your information very interesting, i ll enjoy this game when i finish dowloading it

Lady_Killer

heh gst saw on the aoa forums you were taking another break from the game. Must not of improved that much if people are dipping out for exsteel and air rivals. As for playing a game with 300-400 people scale that down to 30-75 in aoa. Most games tend to make on or two mistakes off the bat and fix them over time. With this game you could literally spend a week worth of playing trying to find out where the devs went right. They can't keep events working, and I'm sure theres a lot of other problems. But, hey keep the faith til this gundam mmorpg comes out then abandon ship haha.

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449

Originally posted by LordZeik

But, hey keep the faith til this gundam mmorpg comes out then abandon ship haha.
    I hate to tell you this, really.  Not being funny or making an attack.

Prepare for some bad news.

Gundam Online (New Century) was canceled in December 2007, with end of service just two months ago.  I can't tell you why or how as I can't read the Japanese language (even with a web translator).

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

Interesting, I'll have to look into that more in the future why the Japanese version failed. Chances are there are far better mech oriented games released in that region and it couldn't survive. Where as here the only real competition a mech mmo has is a third rate game like aoa, a semi decent for a month game like zero, and exsteel which I've yet to try so can't really comment on that yet. The falling out of that server will most likely strengthen the player base on the one opening in the NA/EU region, but hey only time will tell. Fact remains aoa is one of the worst mmos out there. The people running this Gundam mmorpg would have to try real hard to be worse than aoa....

Never seen such a complex game like that. There re many skill, many items, many quests and no info, i dunno wat  skill i should add. I quit after 3 hours, maybe this is an interesting game but so complex i think.

Lady_Killer

@gstla: I do think your post was good and all but I meant through the perspective of a newcomer to this game. Yes, like any game you'll have troubles and problems to overcome. Even Gaiaonline (Forums Community where you chat/roleplay) may get a little disappointing and confusing due to the complex systems. However I'd like to say AoA has far too many things newcomers must overcome.

Now my talk might be weak but allow me to strength it. For example, from Lineage II: Dark Chronicles. . .  You have some "direction" really. You create a character and spawn at some beginner's place like any MMORPG (And even AoA). However, I must say that Lineage did somewhat well slowly teaching you the basics of the game as you go with the quests and the game itself. . . I would say it also had some complex things but for an average MMORPG gamer, you would know almost everything in Lineage. Now let us look at AoA... AoA contains ideas that might be cool, awesome and possibly original at some parts in the MMORPG mecha world. However for AoA, when I went to the create character place, it already seemed kind of confusing. Three factions, races that you need to read in a narrator-type description and robots with very little customizable creating process. . . I won't blame these points due to the fact it's free game and all. And I must give them some credit for trying to make something original... However you must know, if no one took that idea or you don't know of it... Chances are it failed or wouldn't work, maybe it was used in a wrong way. In my opinion, this game was used in a wrong way. . . It had potential, it really did and it still does. But they need to rework some parts, the starting of the game makes you appear and walk around... Kill hover-bikes and all of a sudden you get this pop-up within the game which is suppose to be the tutorial.

Yes some kind of a tutorial, and to tell you how it was a bad idea was the fact it had tabs... LOTS of them, and within the tabs, more and more sections. The text was somewhat small, the dark color with the contrasting color consisting of small font made it a bit annoying especially if it had at least 3-6 paragraphs per tab. Now again I'm not saying it is a bad idea. . . But the creators of this game must've not been considerate enough to think about the newcomers... Now let's say someone who's used to the user-friendly starts of MMORPG in most games came across this... Chances are you'll want to skip this tutorial and learn it yourself as you play. Now I won't be biased here... I am the type of person who enjoys games, even MMORPG with long-ass tutorials as long as they're reasonable. AoA however came across with me, someone who's the type to [b]play and learn[/b] rather than to read a manual and then slowly play and get used to it. I'm sure there are lots of people here who are the type to play and learn stuff about games rather than take out their manual from the game box/internet/in-game. And even for those that read, it would be kind of annoying for anyone.

Now here's a easy way to say something...

For example I'll explain how to open Firefox.

[u]Go to Firefox Icon (Picture here) -> double click or enter after it's highlighted -> Firefox has opened.[/u]

Now we see AoA's style...

You must first understand that you have to be in your desktop. Desktop is something (blah blah blah). You will need to find the icon which looks like this (picture). Click on the icon of the firefox and press enter or double click on the icon. You will find it load as you have opened "Mozilla Firefox". Congratulations you have learned how to open Firefox and we had to explain it to you in this long passage due to the fact we believe you're complete idiots who must be brainless. Of course we're not inconsiderate about our game-players, we are always trying our best to balance and fix this game. Anywho please click the tab right next to the "How to open Firefox" tab to continue on the interface of doing google search.

Anywho, even if people were to go that far to read tutorials (I did), I found it even more confusing... English may not be my first language but I'm sure as hell smart enough to read and understand GAME tutorials.

Enough said, let us just say there are more things I can bring up... I really don't want to waste anymore time to talk about this matter for I believe my point fits several people in the MMORPG community.

Also when I said GBA, I meant the game I have for it. SRW... It has well.. GBA-standard graphics and I brought this up because I wanted to point out the fact some games with crappy-ass graphics own... SRW-Series is one of the famous/best-selling games in Asia as a mech-game for many consoles (Mainly Ps2). I apologize for the misunderstanding, I also had to be sleeping at that time, and therefore my paragraphs are cluttered like they are right now.

The population in the game is also another setback. Many new games have this thing for attracting many people at first, however I saw about 2-4 people while in my long journey with my green robot. I asked them for some help to find better training areas, all of them ignored me and also seemed new to how their moving was very... Uncoordinated. Possibly AoA's fault for not making a better "Opening" phase for the game to attract at least 100 good members.

Whatever things people might say against my post, I must say this is my opinion alone with some supports I came up with to possibly convince. I hope I don't have to type anymore about this game because again, it has potential. Its potential is put to bad use and therefore it'll be disliked by me for a while. I hope this game will improve as time goes on.

--

I would like to suggest this game which I already suggested. Again I will say it's Korean, it's not really MMORPG but it is more of a MMOFPS+RPG. The game itself feels somewhat like Gunz: The Duel as you might want to take a look anyways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SD_Gundam_Capsule_Fighter

Visit the following link to Wikipedia to look at a brief information about this game as well as linking to the site, netmarble.net.

--

Overall, my opinion haven't changed... I honestly deleted this game after I failed to understand the interface that was somewhat new/unique to me as well as the resemblance to so many other MMORPGs... I won't aim this at AoA really but it still must avoid that cliche part... If they made this MMOFPS like SD Capsule Fighter, with some of the functions and more new ideas.. I'd say it would be bound to compete with the ever-lasting Gunz:The Duel NA version from (Ijji.com).

Hopefully you all understand my view in some way, if not I appreciate that you have read my post anywho. I'm sure it's confusing/cluttered so I shall apologize beforehand.

- Sonokishi

• HypergolicHypergolic Member Posts: 11

Well, you can't take what gst says about the game as valid.

He is a 14 year old pseudo intellectual fanboi twat that is desperate for the game to succeed because he has invested tons of time in it and wants Snail Game to make him something more than just a player.

Read his posts on the AoA forums, he's like a little girl at a concert yelling as loud as he can to try and make the band notice him.

The game is in such a sorry state that there are a couple of loser players bragging on the forums that their cash shop expenditures are keeping the game alive.

Face facts, the game is a complete failure with nothing but 6 or 7 losers playing and will be dead and buried soon.

The sooner Age of Armor is dead and gone from the gaming scene, the better.

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449

I tried reading those postings on the AoA forums... 

Looked like something out of Billy Madison.

Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

I have an idea where your coming from now.  However, if caring for a game that is akin to being a Fan Boy, then I do concede to being a fanboy. I'm not 14, I'm 18 and going off to College in the fall

Graphic and Interface wise I can see where your coming from-- a pretty polished game (and i'll be sure to check out the SD gundam capsule game.  To me, Age of Armor represents an untapped genre, therefore I'm trying my hardest to make it a viable option for everyone to play.

My guides on the forums at bbs.aoaus.com are designed to replace the tutorials in-game and explain some of the more vague and complex parts of the game.  I also loan much of my time to helping players learn the game.  I can see what your saying from a new comers perspective, I've been playing Age of Armor for about a year now.  Closed Beta -AoA was an amazing experience.

I do think, as well, that games like Guild Wars or World of Warcraft spoil players with their interface.  Cumulatively, to me it seemed that you hated the interface of AoA--which I found to be acceptable.

Depending when I play I tend to see at least 10 players in the Recruit-bases.  Sundays Siege had 35 players total--That's a good sized fight.  Weekends are pretty populated and Deaht Match has returned to the game.

basically, I've found a game that I've liked and I'm a helpful person who enjoys teaching others!  I'm happy to help most players if the seek me out.  What I would appreciate, as well, is if you could point out what you found as fun and entertaining.

If I could criticize WoW for example; Though I hate Blue Elfs and Trolls, the dwellers of thy World Of Warcraft.  WoW has a developed community of various age groups, a polished interface, frequent updates and an active development team.

However, the fantasy genre perturbs me, it has been capitualized since the 1980's in FF games and in all sorts of various RPG's.  I don't like the grind that begins from the first levels nor enjoy the medieval battle system, I do concede WOW is a good game worth a try for a good solid month.

-Example

If you *want* to please.  AoA seems like its getting a good amount of attention, and I'm working to make the *Big changes* happen as best as I can to make the game practical and fun for those who stay.  Little things come later for me-- I believe the system needs a lot of renovation as it is now.

Renovation that i'm up for.

Waiting for UC online!

-GSt

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by gstla

I have an idea where your coming from now.  However, if caring for a game that is akin to being a Fan Boy, then I do concede to being a fanboy. I'm not 14, I'm 18 and going off to College in the fall.

Graphic and Interface wise I can see where your coming from-- a pretty polished game (and i'll be sure to check out the SD gundam capsule game.  To me, Age of Armor represents an untapped genre, therefore I'm trying my hardest to make it a viable option for everyone to play.

My guides on the forums at bbs.aoaus.com are designed to replace the tutorials in-game and explain some of the more vague and complex parts of the game.  I also loan much of my time to helping players learn the game.  I can see what your saying from a new comers perspective, I've been playing Age of Armor for about a year now.  Closed Beta -AoA was an amazing experience.
    I do think, as well, that games like Guild Wars or World of Warcraft spoil players with their interface.  Cumulatively, to me it seemed that you hated the interface of AoA--which I found to be acceptable.

Depending when I play I tend to see at least 10 players in the Recruit-bases.  Sundays Siege had 35 players total--That's a good sized fight.  Weekends are pretty populated and Deaht Match has returned to the game.

Plain and simple:

They want english speaking people to play this game? Then find someone who can translate ingame text better than google.

And no, I don't consider searching forums for guides a viable alternative. If I go into a game, and I have to twist my brain in different directions to make the ingame text make sense, I leave. If they can't put it in the language of the intended audience, then don't be mad when people walk away.

And it has nothing to do with the interface. You can make me dig through a million menus, and I'd have no problem. Just put the damn menus in coherent english.

I'm not mad at you, but let me ask you a few questions.  How many games do you know of that offer a decent Transformers/Mecha experience (MMO)--There aren't many.  This game caters to fans of Transformers/Gundam/Robotech who are willing to give it a chance.

I do agree that the English is poor and I can see why you would uninstall it, but personally I find it to be superficial reasoning in my opinion.

Do you think that everyone in your life will speak english to the same level as you do?  Capable people don't always speak english.

I however, DO, see your overarching point that people who market to a NA/EU market should make sure that their game has a standard level of english. 

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your experience, but i do think people should give it a chance.  Language is a means to communicate.

Not Everyone has the same amount of capitol to create a WoW or a Guild Wars.  I respect snail for bringing AOA to US/NA, but it does have its flaws.

Good luck finding a good game sir.

This discussion has been closed.