Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Assassin question

MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Hey, I just started a new Vampire Assassin. What attributes are best to raise at first? I keep hearing about people making new characters and messing them up, i'd like to do the best I can just need a little guidance at first :). I would ask on the main forums but for some reason it wont let me login or post there(tried both firefox and IE).

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

Comments

• throckmortonthrockmorton Member Posts: 314

The learning curve for buildings characters is terrible. I borked my first couple of toons. (supposedly maxing str on a dagger thief doesn't work well)

Unfortunately, starting runes are extremely important, and if you don't choose the right ones, your character will be gimp forever. This is going to sound harsh, but I would reroll immediately, unless for some reason you magically picked the right starting runes.

Whoopin put together some nice assassin templates, all of which are viable:

http://ubbforums.ubi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=sb_assassin&Number=2839671&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

My personal preference for assassins are the neph mage:
    http://ubbforums.ubi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=sb_assassin&Number=2993540&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Thanks for the help!

--------------------

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

I actually got the right runes, used a template off the forum that was very similiar to the one there. Only difference being I got precise, the one on there shows without it. Main thing I don't get though, is that guide and the previous one I looked at says to get In-Game: Legendary (+35INT) Intelligence. What does that mean exactly? To put all gained attributes toward int? Sorry if I sound dumb :).

--------------------

• tripmodetripmode Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by MaGicBush

I actually got the right runes, used a template off the forum that was very similiar to the one there. Only difference being I got precise, the one on there shows without it. Main thing I don't get though, is that guide and the previous one I looked at says to get In-Game: Legendary (+35INT) Intelligence. What does that mean exactly? To put all gained attributes toward int? Sorry if I sound dumb :).

It means to get a rune in-game.  They drop randomly, more often in hot zones.  The Legendary Int rune will allow you to put 35 more points into your intelligence.

Also, is your rogue Rogue or Mage gased?  Since he is vamp, I am going to assume he is rogue based...