Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Choppy?

MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

I just started a new character on Shadowbane last night and had downloaded the game. It wasn't choppy at all, however now in the game it's choppy? Is that due to the server lag, or something on my end? It seems if it was server lag that it wouldn't be choppy but people would just pop around.. I currently have a 8800GT 512mb card, 2gb RAM, Athlon dual-core 3.2ghz processor so I know it's not my comp(unless its because the game is to old or something, but as I said it seemed ok last night?). Thanks for any input!

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

Comments

• HowHighHowHigh Member Posts: 30

i couldent really tell you unless i was on you computer but right now shadowbane isnt at all lagy accept the one server malog which is possible the one you are playing. the reason for this lag is the high population which isnt always a good thing.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Thanks, I tried reloading it twice and then it ran smooth, wierd problem though lol.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

It's also possible that the influx of people in the past few days due to the reboot, is causing lag. I have been playing SB on and off for a few years now, and I don't remember seeing so many peeps in game everywhere (aside from launch).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• rev_lazarorev_lazaro Member Posts: 270

Might also want to tinker with the resolution settings. If you're on a wide screen monitor of any kind the framerate gets a little weird.

I had to take it a step or 2 down from max res to get the chop to stop on my laptop, which when hooked up to a normal monitor ran it fine in the same resolution.