Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadowbanes population will be dead again soon

GuitanoGuitano Member Posts: 208

If some of you can remember when World of Warcraft went open beta to release, Shadowbanes player population went down big time. I remember playing Shadowbane in prime time on a weekend and only seeing 30 to 50 people online around the time WoW was OB to released. I know that many of the long time guilds that have been around for many, many years are going to ditch Shadowbane soon. Why? Well with the soon to be released Age of Conan and Warhammer you will see Shadowbane once again a ghost town of a game.

Im very sad also, my guild of many years will be going to AoC and we have a large number of members. I wont be playing along with them on this one. IMO people are fking stupid, they all want hardcore PvP and they are going to ditch Shadowbane for ((( PvE ))) mmo's such as Age of Conan and Warhammer. I know this will be flamed, I dont care... just remember what I said when Shadowbane is a ghost town.

Have fun in Shadowbane while it has some players due to the server reset.

Comments

• rev_lazarorev_lazaro Member Posts: 270

Not going to flame at all, but I will say that I know there are plenty of people who are going by the "Fool me once" view on the MMO market.

I think it's evident on a lot of game communities that plenty of vets are tired of crap, over hyped games that has more glitz than real content. Also, not everyone is willing to go invest in a new game (I mean this in real finances) or the machines to run them (last AoC requirements were pretty effin steep for an MMO).

Noticeable drop? Of course. But there will still be people still looking for something a bit more old school, established, and looking for something proven vs. something that will still need kinks ironed out.

And as soon as the vets who leave for the next big thing realize it's tripe, buggy or not as detailed as hope...they'll come back. And then their pretty empires will be dust :)

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Originally posted by rev_lazaro

Not going to flame at all, but I will say that I know there are plenty of people who are going by the "Fool me once" view on the MMO market.
    I think it's evident on a lot of game communities that plenty of vets are tired of crap, over hyped games that has more glitz than real content. Also, not everyone is willing to go invest in a new game (I mean this in real finances) or the machines to run them (last AoC requirements were pretty effin steep for an MMO).
    Noticeable drop? Of course. But there will still be people still looking for something a bit more old school, established, and looking for something proven vs. something that will still need kinks ironed out.
    And as soon as the vets who leave for the next big thing realize it's tripe, buggy or not as detailed as hope...they'll come back. And then their pretty empires will be dust :)

Well said.

I would like to say that everything the OP said is the OP's opinion, and merely speculation on the OP's part.

People always predict "doom and gloom" for current titles when new ones are on the horizon, history repeats itself over and over. Such things are unknowable till they happen. Period.

• rev_lazarorev_lazaro Member Posts: 270

My bet is yes, we'll go to a ghost town like he predicted, noobs (like myself) will conquer the lands, and then the real players will come back and stomp our asses once their first month is up and they realize the sieging is nowhere near as cool.

• HowHighHowHigh Member Posts: 30

i dont like to admit it because i do love this game but i am also one of the guilds that will be leaving it to join AOC once it is open to the public.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

before i make a decision myself on whether to go for AoC (before waiting at least 2-3mths after its initialrelease for word of mouth, any bad publicity will indeed make me not bother with it), i would like to get into some form of pre release beta, that is were i will make my decision. So far i am 40-60 of not getting it due to some reports i have read, but that of course is not final. Hopefully they will have an open beta side so people who are very dubious and have been screwed with past game release's will get this opportunity.

I know some will say you get a free month with the game, yes, you do, but that means you also have to purchase the game too, and that, i am not prepared to do if it does indeed turn out to be yet another VG release.