Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Idea where to go after starter Island

kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Ok, I'm totally lost now.  I reached level 22 and have left the starter island on server Thurin.  I'm on the continent of Vorringheim and have wandered around the better half of it.

I've only ran into 1 rank2 spawn, a wolf which I slaughter without enough blood being ripped from its body.  Everything else is R3 or higher that I've found.

I ran into one of the transporter things and bounced around between lands, but everyone seemed to have a super high rank character there(I assume they can whack me if I wander around those lands after the safe mode wears off, so not a good idea)

Any tips on where to go or what is next, I'm a Barbarian Mino if that matters and whack things pretty damn good.

Comments

• tripmodetripmode Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by kilun

Ok, I'm totally lost now.  I reached level 22 and have left the starter island on server Thurin.  I'm on the continent of Vorringheim and have wandered around the better half of it.
    I've only ran into 1 rank2 spawn, a wolf which I slaughter without enough blood being ripped from its body.  Everything else is R3 or higher that I've found.
    I ran into one of the transporter things and bounced around between lands, but everyone seemed to have a super high rank character there(I assume they can whack me if I wander around those lands after the safe mode wears off, so not a good idea)
    Any tips on where to go or what is next, I'm a Barbarian Mino if that matters and whack things pretty damn good.

If you look on the map, you will see white monster icons.  Those are the zones where all the spawns are.  If you mouse over them, there will be a level ranger - find the ones that are for 20-35 and you should be good.  Just be careful, you can be killed any time by players.  I recommend recall scrolls and banking often!

• throckmortonthrockmorton Member Posts: 314

Join a nation that is openly recruiting. It's very hard to solo in Shadowbane and impossible for a new player to do it.

To view places to level. Open up your world map, click the option button at the top left of the screen and turn off mines. You will then be able to mouse over each zone to see what level it is for.

Without joining a nation you will only be in running distance of zones that other freeholders level at, so you will be ganked much more often leveling in those spots.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin