Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bags and Backpacks

Sieges111Sieges111 Member Posts: 120

I've been playing for a week and recently found a small 6 slot red bag. I equipped it. I am wondering why it does not show the amount of free-space though? I turned on this feature in the client and my normal back-back shows me how much more room I have. Why doesn't my new bag?

Comments

• Perilous1Perilous1 Member Posts: 52

That has never been a feature in the game. There are interface addons however that will display that information. Try a google search for World of Warcraft addon.

• Sieges111Sieges111 Member Posts: 120

Do you mean that showing the free space of additional bags has never been a feature? Or that I should not even be able to see the free space of my existing bag?

• Perilous1Perilous1 Member Posts: 52

Showing the free space of additional bags without opening them has never been an ingame feature. It's only available via third-party interface addons.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Sieges: As far as I'm aware, the free bag space shown on your backbag actually displays the total free space in all your bags, not only the free space in your backbag.

I'm not sure tough, since I'm using a modded UI so that I don't normally see that counter myself.

EDIT: And btw there are vendors (named general goods vendor or something like that), who sell 6 slot bags for about 5 silver each. Those bags are one of the first things you should consider buying in the game /EDIT

Perilous1: That "show free bag space" is new functionality added to the default game UI in patch 2.4.

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138
    Originally posted by Perilous1

Showing the free space of additional bags without opening them has never been an ingame feature. It's only available via third-party interface addons.

Actually it was just added in release 2.4.  You can now show your available free space in your bags on the backpack.  However it only shows on the backpack and it shows the available space of all the bags, so you won't see anything on the new bag, but you should see the number of free spaces increased on the packback.

• Sieges111Sieges111 Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by Pappy13

Originally posted by Perilous1

Actually it was just added in release 2.4.  You can now show your available free space in your bags on the backpack.  However it only shows on the backpack and it shows the available space of all the bags, so you won't see anything on the new bag, but you should see the number of free spaces increased on the packback.

Yeah! I just noticed that this morning as well. That is exactly what I was hoping for. Having one total of all bag free space is very cool.