Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Informative aid?

I was wondering if someone would be willing to answer some questions. I know there are FAQs, but these are questions different then those.   

I don't feel like I can trust the prices of SQEX. That may sound silly, but I've heavd different then what's on the site. What's the actual price?

As a fan of Final Fantasy and general RPG lover, I am wondering about the fun factor. To those already playing, How do you feel about it? Does it get boring? Will it make me a loser (I'm totally not one already.)? I need to know if it's worth my time, dedication, and money.

I know about the Starter's trial-- But again, back to the time and money (Even if it's only 2 dollars.).

Thanks in advance~!

Comments

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by Chin-chilla

I was wondering if someone would be willing to answer some questions. I know there are FAQs, but these are questions different then those.   
    I don't feel like I can trust the prices of SQEX. That may sound silly, but I've heavd different then what's on the site. What's the actual price?
    As a fan of Final Fantasy and general RPG lover, I am wondering about the fun factor. To those already playing, How do you feel about it? Does it get boring? Will it make me a loser (I'm totally not one already.)? I need to know if it's worth my time, dedication, and money.
    I know about the Starter's trial-- But again, back to the time and money (Even if it's only 2 dollars.).
    Thanks in advance~!
    It's 12.95 per month and this gets you an ID for one character. Each additional character is 1 buck each per month per charater that's extra. So if you have a Main and 2 extras, you pay 14.95. If you have just the main, it's 12.95 per month.

Final Fantasy XI is awesome. I've been playing for 2 years (I admit, i take a break from time to time because of real life issues but missed maybe 2 months max in over 2 years).  it can get boring sometimes. But that's more my short attention span. There is absolutely no lacking of things to do in this game, trust me lol.  Will it make you a loser?  I dont see how that's relevant. Only you can decide if it's worht your time, dedication, and money.  But answer the following question.

Do you want to work your ass off for great gear or just be able to get great gear with little to moderate work.  And by work your ass off, i'm talking waiting months sometimes in getting that one uber piece of armor you want/need.  You don't HAVE to put in this time and just buy/quest the ok gear, but trust me, when you go for a piece for a month and you FINALLY get it, no game i've ever played has given me such a "HELL YEAH!" moment as this one has on many occasions.  But you have to be willing to put your time into it, or it's not worth it.

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• oskironmaideoskironmaide Member Posts: 336

Originally posted by Chin-chilla

Thanks in advance~!

It is fun.. but u need to take breaks sometimes or it can get boring.. Just as anything in life.. even sex gets boring.. just take breaks and have a life...

will ffxi make you a loser??? no.. wow does that.. ffxi makes you a better mmorpg player

to my opinion.. mmorpgs are just to kill time and have fun. thats all.. and thats all you are going to get :)

If you watch The Karate Kid backwards it's about this karate champ that just kinda slowly becomes a pussy and ends up moving back to Jersey

• ZarkoZarko Member Posts: 5

Its very fun dude, but slower paced... I am a newbie (3 weeks on) and I am finding my Black Mage great fun to play as... On Odin, busy server... Well worth playing. I was skeptical for a while at the start, but it quickly grows on you...

And ignore the whole 'newb unfriendly' stuff... Controls awkward compared to other games but I got the hang of em in a few hours of play. Mouse = unnecessary