Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boycott Battlefield Bad Company / EA? - SUCCESS! No Extra Charge!

DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Original Link: http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=354809

"What the hell is EA trying to pull. They are gunna release this game, but hold back a bunch of weapons and stuff just to make us pay for it? You get 5 more guns if you buy the collectors edition and then more you can BUY in DLC. That is freaakiinngg gaaayy. They try and say the guns aren't better or anything, THEN WHY THE EFF AM I PAYING MORE FOR THEM. OF all the sleazy cashgrabs.

Sarcastic gamer started a boycott of this game, and YES I think it is important that we slap EA's hand outta the cookie jar.

Watch this spoof video. Very funny. These are the same guys who did the How to kill a brand video and the dear mr thompson if you have seen those. Click the link to viva le resistance and be counted to stop EA from doing this gay shit.

http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.p...html#more-2933

Also enjoy this banner."

Me: I gotta agree with the OP and obviously thought others should be aware.

EA.  It's [partially, buy and download the rest] In the Game.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Comments

• KhuzarrzKhuzarrz Member Posts: 578

Fucking love the 'Left channel optional' thing...

Either way, I think this is console only, in which case I'm boycotting it anyway, as ports are ****. Regardless though, yes, I'm signed onto the petition. This kinda thing is to reminiscent of Sony, and there's a reason I've never even touched a PS3.

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

XBox360 is more like that then the PS3.  The PS3 is like Sony learned thier lessons and bundled everything they can for free into it.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Right, Sony is just the pillar of generosity now.

In any case, it's not Microsoft's decision to make things downloadable or for them to cost anything, if anything, microsoft would rather have the DLC free as it would attract more people to the game.  As far as boycotting EA...why?  Because they want to make some extra money and exploit the people who have OCD and simply must have every gun in the game regardless if it's better than the others?  I think not...if these guns were required to stay competetive in the online game then I could see where you're coming from, but until I see otherwise, I'm sticking to what EA says in that they will not be any more powerful than the other guns.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Draenor

In any case, it's not Microsoft's decision to make things downloadable or for them to cost anything, if anything, microsoft would rather have the DLC free as it would attract more people to the game.  As far as boycotting EA...why?  Because they want to make some extra money and exploit the people who have OCD and simply must have every gun in the game regardless if it's better than the others?  I think not...if these guns were required to stay competetive in the online game then I could see where you're coming from, but until I see otherwise, I'm sticking to what EA says in that they will not be any more powerful than the other guns.

I think Microsoft is more in favor of the payment for the DLC then anyone else. Bungie and Epic want to make map packs free of charge, but Microsoft insisted on charging fo rthem.

Originally posted by Gameloading

Originally posted by Draenor

I think Microsoft is more in favor of the payment for the DLC then anyone else. Bungie and Epic want to make map packs free of charge, but Microsoft insisted on charging fo rthem.

I realize that, but I think that they've since realized that this was a mistake, which is why I believe that they paid Rockstar to make the DLC free and exclusive to the 360...if they think that they will make more money by making it free, they will...bottom line, they are a company and have a right to try to make money, I don't know why so many people in this country have forgotten that.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

I plan on boycotting it anyway. How the hell can a game keep going backwards with each new release? It has been 6 years since the release of BF:1942 and there has been no progress in the "Massive Vehicular Battlefield FPS" genre. Instead they keep going backwards. BF2 was the only one worth playing, and even that one sacrificed a lot of what made 1942 so great for better graphics. I miss jumping on a tank that is harassing my team's airfield, riding it while the drive struggles to get a shot at me, then planting C4 and jumping off  right before I blow it to hell Starship Trooper Style. In all releases since standing on a moving tank kills you instantly.

I feel the same way about MMORPGs and UO. I wonder why the skill system was abandoned for the leveling system. I wonder why open PvP and looting was abandoned for item insurance, stat loss, and PvP Mini Games. To me, this stuff was the next step forward in gaming. Now I feel like every game that comes out is more restrictive than the last.

My point is, why are some of the best FPS and MMORPG innovations being thrown out with each new year? Why the hell do so few FPS games include jeeps, tanks, planes, choppers, and gigantic maps in the years since BF:1942. There must have been 50 big-name FPS games put out since 2002, but only 4 or 5 that even tried this, and none that did a fair job of it.

Lastly, why do these idiots behind the Battlefield Series insist on using their own "unique" Chopper flying controls instead of using the absolutely perfect Desert Combat mod controls. I use to spend hours just flying the apache and Lil Bird around empty maps, doing everything from backflips and front flips to barrel rolls and even ejection and re-entry tricks in mid-air. 

Originally posted by Laserwolf

I plan on boycotting it anyway. How the hell can a game keep going backwards with each new release? It has been 6 years since the release of BF:1942 and there has been no progress in the "Massive Vehicular Battlefield FPS" genre. Instead they keep going backwards. BF2 was the only one worth playing, and even that one sacrificed a lot of what made 1942 so great for better graphics. I miss jumping on a tank that is harassing my team's airfield, riding it while the drive struggles to get a shot at me, then planting C4 and jumping off  right before I blow it to hell Starship Trooper Style. In all releases since standing on a moving tank kills you instantly.

You can do all of that stuff in Battlefield 2 and Vietnam...but, just like in real life...good luck catching up to a tank and jumping on top of it

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

Vietnam maybe(Can't remember), but not BF2. You could lie under a tank in BF2 which was a welcome addition, but if you were on top of the tank, friendly or not, it will instantly kill you the moment it moved.

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

The reason this is turning out to be such an important boycott is because EA owns a lot these days.  In the department of MMOs, they own Mythic and Bioware now.  I am sure a lot of players would be pissed if EA said "Hey, people bought our guns in Bad Company.  Let's charge them for other things in our MMOs."

Micro-transactions are going to be a huge thing soon, and not just something reserved for asian MMOs.  It's up to the players of games to put a stop to these things before they become a bigger part of games.  On top of that, EA wouldn't think twice about charging a subscription fee -and- charging for micro-transactions.

Not saying something about Bad Company now is just like telling them "This is perfectly ok for you to do."  And it's not ok for them to do.  It's ripping off customers because they want more money.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Originally posted by Sheista

The reason this is turning out to be such an important boycott is because EA owns a lot these days.  In the department of MMOs, they own Mythic and Bioware now.  I am sure a lot of players would be pissed if EA said "Hey, people bought our guns in Bad Company.  Let's charge them for other things in our MMOs."
    Micro-transactions are going to be a huge thing soon, and not just something reserved for asian MMOs.  It's up to the players of games to put a stop to these things before they become a bigger part of games.  On top of that, EA wouldn't think twice about charging a subscription fee -and- charging for micro-transactions.
    Not saying something about Bad Company now is just like telling them "This is perfectly ok for you to do."  And it's not ok for them to do.  It's ripping off customers because they want more money.
    I hear ya Sheista... and I've got this sinking feeling BioWare might use microtransactions for their MMORPG, free monthly play or not... I'm not sure or anything, just a bad feeling and I really hope they don't because honestly that's the kind of thing that could be a deal breaker for me...I know Stargate is now considering it... we'll have to see though.  Anyway, for those of you who want to, you can 'digg' this story...

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Battlefield_Bad_Company_boycott_video

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

SUCCESS! http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2008/04/breaking-news-boycott-successful.html

There will be no charge for Gold Edition guns in Battlefield: Bad Company, to those that buy the regular retail package.