Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a new gaming rig?

2»

Comments

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460
    Originally posted by waverat81

Sort of on topic.  What would some of you suggest for a semi future proof mobo?  Basically meaning something that I could add to for atleast a few years.  I really got burned with my last build (socket 939 AMD).

any X48 board for intel 775

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Housam

Sort of on topic.  What would some of you suggest for a semi future proof mobo?  Basically meaning something that I could add to for atleast a few years.  I really got burned with my last build (socket 939 AMD).

Rampage Formula :P

• waverat81waverat81 Member Posts: 287

Is there that much of a difference between the P35,X38 and X48 chipsets?

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Rampage Formula :P

thats what i wanna replace my p5e for :)

Is there that much of a difference between the P35,X38 and X48 chipsets?

yes  :) read up on some tech forums :) there is quite allot different :)

• Varlok91Varlok91 Member Posts: 396

Isn't Intel coming out with a completely new socket for Nehalem at the end of this year?

--------------------------------
    Desktop - AMD 8450 Tri Core, 3 gigs of DDR2 800 RAM, ATI HD 3200 Graphics, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
    Laptop (Dell Latitude E6400) - Intel P8400, 2 GIGs of RAM, Intel X4500, Windows XP Professional

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

I can build it for 1/4th the price.  Intel comes out with a motherboard incompatible for using older processors, and is needed by newer processors every 6 months.  The only difference is they keep the same basic socket architecture.

• waverat81waverat81 Member Posts: 287
    Originally posted by CleffyII

I can build it for 1/4th the price.  Intel comes out with a motherboard incompatible for using older processors, and is needed by newer processors every 6 months.  The only difference is they keep the same basic socket architecture.

So a follow up question would be, would an E8400 (wolfdale) hold me over for a few years?