Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EARTH HOUR - TODAY - PARTICIPATE

2»

Comments

• baffbaff Member Posts: 9,457

Originally posted by Entreri28

Why is there so much hostility towards this?

Ever since Hitlers time, the word "propaganda" has been closely associated with the word "evil". 

• hellowerhellower Member Posts: 17

lights off now!

METAL

• BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406

Originally posted by baff

Ever since Hitlers time, the word "propaganda" has been closely associated with the word "evil". 

lol good one,

• BushMonkeyBushMonkey Member Posts: 1,406
    Originally posted by xpowderx

Originally posted by Vendayn

Whos to say that all the places are supposed to be warmer? Maybe some places get wetter and some places get drier. Earth changes and isn't a static world like World of Warcraft.

In any case, down here in San Diego we barely get any storms, I remember 6+ years ago we used to get huge storms with hail and heavy rain for long periods. The past 5-6 years we get spits of rain and I haven't seen hail in a long time. All the storms we are supposed to get move up north or it just misses and goes down to Mexico. Overall, each year I notice we get less and less rain down here.

Also, ants like Leafcutter ants which die quickly in the cold, used to be stuck in South America...over the years they slowly moved northwards and now live in the southern U.S...when before there wasn't any able to come here.

Hi Vendayn. The story was concerning the Antarctica and the 3,000 or so plus instruments reading ocean temperatures. Not saying its climate change. That happens. History alone shows that. But Global warming? Totally off base. The decrease in temperature is worldwide not pertained to one specific area.

I can already see it. The Global conspirators will most likely come up with "Something is wrong" The scientists recording the temperatures must be doing something wrong. Or better yet" those temperature reading machines are all malfunctioning. Need to pull all 3k of them just to make sure they are reading temperatures properly.

Also to the OP. Ill make sure to turn out my lights when my wife gets home!Have to do my part!

Actually the buzz has changed from global warming to climate change within a year, in the 70's it was global cooling. God knows what they will come up with next year.  Weather fluctuation?  

But you can bet the mantra of the evils of capitalism and industrial progress will remain and the root cause of all our woes.

• unconformedunconformed Member Posts: 700
    Originally posted by BushMonkey

Originally posted by xpowderx

Originally posted by Vendayn

Whos to say that all the places are supposed to be warmer? Maybe some places get wetter and some places get drier. Earth changes and isn't a static world like World of Warcraft.

In any case, down here in San Diego we barely get any storms, I remember 6+ years ago we used to get huge storms with hail and heavy rain for long periods. The past 5-6 years we get spits of rain and I haven't seen hail in a long time. All the storms we are supposed to get move up north or it just misses and goes down to Mexico. Overall, each year I notice we get less and less rain down here.

Also, ants like Leafcutter ants which die quickly in the cold, used to be stuck in South America...over the years they slowly moved northwards and now live in the southern U.S...when before there wasn't any able to come here.

Hi Vendayn. The story was concerning the Antarctica and the 3,000 or so plus instruments reading ocean temperatures. Not saying its climate change. That happens. History alone shows that. But Global warming? Totally off base. The decrease in temperature is worldwide not pertained to one specific area.

I can already see it. The Global conspirators will most likely come up with "Something is wrong" The scientists recording the temperatures must be doing something wrong. Or better yet" those temperature reading machines are all malfunctioning. Need to pull all 3k of them just to make sure they are reading temperatures properly.

Also to the OP. Ill make sure to turn out my lights when my wife gets home!Have to do my part!

Actually the buzz has changed from global warming to climate change within a year, in the 70's it was global cooling. God knows what they will come up with next year.  Weather fluctuation?  

But you can bet the mantra of the evils of capitalism and industrial progress will remain and the root cause of all our woes.

yep. amazing watching that propaganda take shape in front of your eyes and ears. the earth is actually cooling in many places, so they have to get their catchphrases on point. but its a complicated science, just shut up and do what they say.

chips, dips chains & whips.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Originally posted by Draenor

I'll tell you why.

Because it's retarded

Truer words never spoken?

O_o o_O

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

I think they should pull a card from the republican deck and call it "UNIVERSAL CATASTROPHE !!!" (All 3 exclamation points are equally important). I mean "global warming", "climate change"? Hell, I'd hardly bend over to pick that trash up if it were laying by a refuse container. I'd break my ass rushing across the street to get a lid on the "UNIVERSAL CATASTROPHE !!!" though.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Originally posted by DailyBuzz

I think they should pull a card from the republican deck and call it "UNIVERSAL CATASTROPHE !!!" (All 3 exclamation points are equally important). I mean "global warming", "climate change"? Hell, I'd hardly bend over to pick that trash up if it were laying by a refuse container. I'd break my ass rushing across the street to get a lid on the "UNIVERSAL CATASTROPHE !!!" though.
    lol, Daily Buzz,

They do not use "Global Warming too much. A average person thinks "Warm"... yummmm!!! Florida here I come!! So they dropped that. Changed it to Climate change.. Well "Climate Change" is too neutral.. So they need a word that is sure to kick someone in the nads just thinking about it.. So the new word is Global Poverty!! Heres a link to the Climate Change activist messiah!! Funny read! www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/01/24/business/main3747503.shtml

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

Seriously though, the republicans are really the only ones dragging their feet on this. Could you imagine the size of the bucket you would need to contain Limbaugh drool if you told him he'd get to say "UNIVERSAL CATASTROPHE !!!" 8 times per hour? Hannity would probably pitch a tent each time it showed up on the teleprompter, so you'd need to limit him to maybe 5 times per hour.

I'm telling you guys, if you want to solve the climate crisis, rename it "UNIVERSAL CATASTROPHE !!!" This would make it doom-and-gloom enough for the neo-cons to back it. FNC still doesn't care what it really means as long as it scares the shit out of the public, right?

Wonder if "UNIVERSAL CATASTROPHE !!!" would even take top billing. Hmmm, I'm starting to reconsider.

WORLDWIDE MUSLIMIFICATION  has a certain ring to it. I think it could also qualify for Dubya-ese. It's all in the presentation. Of course, you would need to repeat it over and over. Of course, you would need to repeat it over and over. Of course, you would need to repeat it over and over.