Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the real warhammer

with the upcoming realease of WAR i was just wondering if anyone played the warhammer or 40k tabletops, and which you think is best. personally i play:

warhammer 40k

space wolves, and a little of the 13th company

what about you ?

Comments

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

I have a two thousand point Black Templar Space Marine army that I'll take some pictures of when I get back to my dorm room ( i keep them in the dorms cause there are a few other guys there that play, one Tau, one Imp Guard and 2 guys looking to get into Tyranids and necrons)

Heavy support:

Whirlwind, Predator (annihilator) and devastator squad

Fast Attack:

a squad of 5 assault marines with melta bombs for fast attack

Elites:

A venerable Dreadnaught with twin linked Lascannon, squad of 5 Terminators, one with assault cannon, one with heavy flamer, and a squad of Assault Terminators all with dual lightning claws

Troops:

Two tactical squads with assorted special weapons, 5 extra Neophytes (scouts who are a part of the tactical squads)

HQ:

One chaplain Grimaldus which I proxy as a jumppack Chaplain for my assault squad, and one Terminator Chaplain which I include with my assault terminators for an absolutely NASTY melee squad that can wipe out pretty much anything in one combat turn, the only problem is that it's only initiative 4.  The Chaplain grants rerolled hits on a charge, and the lightning claws reroll both hits and wounds, it's really nasty, a squad of five terminators can kill upwards of 10 models easily in one attack turn.

I'll take a picture with my phone later, it's a nice looking army, I'm a good painter...I also have a Belakor in the mail right now and am in the process of buying the last reminaing paints...I plan on making a summer project out of him.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

warhammer fantasy...i collect and play dwarves...i tried making them in chaos dwarves but they looked like retards so i went back to regualr dwarves

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Originally posted by Housam

warhammer fantasy...i collect and play dwarves...i tried making them in chaos dwarves but they looked like retards so i went back to regualr dwarves
    Cant be worse than what the real Chaos Dwarfs looked like.

I personally go for Tyranids, Tau and necrons for 40k

For Warhammer fantasy i go for Vampire counts and Deamons.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

army.jpg picture by Joe6305

This is my army and the table that I paint on..

chappy.jpg picture by Joe6305

This is my terminator chaplain (still needs a bit of work)...the flash was on so it's kind of bright

dread.jpg picture by Joe6305

This is my Dreadnaught.

As you can see, I haven't done the bases on any of the models yet, I'm going to do them this summer when I go on a Warhammer spree

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by Draenor

As you can see, I haven't done the bases on any of the models yet, I'm going to do them this summer when I go on a Warhammer spree
    Then heres a little tip for ya...

I used spray paint all of my bases before the models went on them and it saved a huge amount of time.  Games Workshop have some colors in spray form for this reason, same as for undercoating your models.

After the models have been painted the only other thing i had to do with the bases was to flock them.

• KhuzarrzKhuzarrz Member Posts: 578

5,000 point Tau army, with a lot of conversions of all descriptions. Rather unfortunately, aside from the conversions, everything is still on the sprues, as having finally bought all of the stuff (and OCD complex I believe - I can't start until I have all the pieces...), I had to move house, and haven't had a moment's rest since.

Might get them out this weekend now you mention it. Could be theraputic!

Also have 3000 points of Tomb Kings, 3000 points of Space Marines, 2000 points of Orks, and also a few Inquisitor models.

Thinking back, I've probably spent far more on this than I ever meant to...

• xpyrofuryxxpyrofuryx Member CommonPosts: 1,587

I have:

5,000 point Cadian Imperial Guard Army (In the process of selling it actually)

1,000 point Mordian Iron guard (all metal and they stopped making them in like 1980 so expensive too, but this army is my pride and joy)

2,000 point Space Marine Black Templar Army (I personally dont really like space marines, usually let other people use this army)

500 point Eldar army (I just started this army, so its very small)

12,000 point Altdorf Empire Army for Warhammer fantasy (Jesus Christ I have so much for this army, and I hardly use them, anyone wanna buy? haha)

1,000 point Imperial Guard navy (for Battlefleet Gothic, fun fun fun game to play... a bitch to paint)

Wow Pyro, that's a crap load of models.

I think that from here on I'll just buy one model to take a great deal of time painting, my army is about as big as it's giong to get unless I decide to give myself more options such as more troops or a land raider.

• xpyrofuryxxpyrofuryx Member CommonPosts: 1,587

Yeah I spent wayyyyyyyyy too much on them. I literally have EVERYTHING you could have for the Empire. I have the Imperial Tank, Sigmar himself, Lord w/e riding a griffin, prists, knights, god EVERYTHING. And i dont even play Empire anymore.

Anyway I do have a regret. i didnt spend as much time as a should painting all of them. I realized this a while ago and when I started my search for my Mordian iron guard and bought 2 10-men squads and a hellhound I spent a lot of time painting them and damn they look sweet. Every person looks like an officer. I painted them Red and Blue with gold trim. i actually painted every detail on them this time down to the trim on their gloves. I also painted this way on my Eldar.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Used to collect Fantasy Lizardmen, lacked the patience for painting, now they're sitting around somewhere. I love their lore and how badass they look, maybe one day they'll be implemented in the upcoming WAR mmo.

O_o o_O