Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Invisible walls, Fact? Fiction? Rumour?

2»

Comments

• RohhRohh Member Posts: 87

They have upgraded it alot but its funny that way because some people say they don't hitch and some say they do. I played it for a few days last week with my free trial code I had left over and it still hitched for me. I don't have a crappy PC either 8800gt 2g ram dual core processor. I have also read of guys with 8800gtx and quads doing the same. its more a hard drive thing and poor coding

• waverat81waverat81 Member Posts: 287

Originally posted by zazz

Originally posted by waverat81

Originally posted by Rohh

Originally posted by MChavez

If any new MMO follows this same path, I won't play. I'm looking for complete immersion, a virtual world, not a game. If anything, developers should be taking a queue from Vanguard with its open world. A forest is a forest. Almost any mountain can be climbed. In fact, a huge portion of my time while play Vanguard was trying to scale their massive mountains. Unfortunately, there was nothing in those mountains, but it was still awesome to be able to climb to the very top and see the whole world around me.

The same reason you like it is the same reason I don't why? The hitching. This seamless world can’t move data from memory to hard drive fast enough. I agree it would be an awesome feature and only one game comes close to doing this right dare I say it... WoW. But this is something I am willing to trade for good combat and great graphics.

Er why i dont get hitching then ? , & fairly sure im not by myself, even when settings maxed out.

Have they upgraded the code in Vanguard that much since I played it? I remember when I played, my computer more than exceeded the recommended settings to play Vanguard and I always hitched at server boundries, they weren't little ones either, like 10 second hitches.

Well they patch so yeah im sure its always a work in progress like most MMO's but im sure some proberly do get hitching but its usually a hardware issue rather than the fact that its a seemless world as you say even though vanguard isnt a seemless world its has chunks which is ran on a cluster server just gives the impression its seemless.

I agree that Vanguard isn't exactly a seamless world like people are trying to say it is.  The chunks are a different form of zones.

The confusion really lies in what people are considering free roaming.  Sure Vanguard is free roaming to a sense, but it still has zones.  I remember using the chunk lines to hide from other players in pvp.  Crossing the chunk would make your opponent lose target on you and sometimes make you invisible to them allowing you to escape ganks.  There is no truly seamless mmo out yet.

• zazzzazz Member UncommonPosts: 408

They have upgraded it alot but its funny that way because some people say they don't hitch and some say they do. I played it for a few days last week with my free trial code I had left over and it still hitched for me. I don't have a crappy PC either 8800gt 2g ram dual core processor. I have also read of guys with 8800gtx and quads doing the same. Think its more a hard drive thing

Just cause you exceed the current requirements doesnt mean your not gona have issues in any game, the codeing has to take into account thousands of variables from software/drivers/OS systems, no computer is setup the same, its not liek o i got quad everything so everything must run perfect.

But we all know vanguard was pushed out to early so ya but any software will have compatiblity issues some you notice some you dont and soem are game breaking.

Personaly ive never had issues graphicly & always been able to run on max but i did have the CTD issues for teh first few months.

But yes its based on these values rather than the concept that its a seemingly seemless world.

Originally posted by MChavez

If any new MMO follows this same path, I won't play. I'm looking for complete immersion, a virtual world, not a game. If anything, developers should be taking a queue from Vanguard with its open world. A forest is a forest. Almost any mountain can be climbed. In fact, a huge portion of my time while play Vanguard was trying to scale their massive mountains. Unfortunately, there was nothing in those mountains, but it was still awesome to be able to climb to the very top and see the whole world around me.

The same reason you like it is the same reason I don't why? The hitching. This seamless world can’t move data from memory to hard drive fast enough. I agree it would be an awesome feature and only one game comes close to doing this right dare I say it... WoW. But this is something I am willing to trade for good combat and great graphics.

Er why i dont get hitching then ? , & fairly sure im not by myself, even when settings maxed out.

Have they upgraded the code in Vanguard that much since I played it? I remember when I played, my computer more than exceeded the recommended settings to play Vanguard and I always hitched at server boundries, they weren't little ones either, like 10 second hitches.

Well they patch so yeah im sure its always a work in progress like most MMO's but im sure some proberly do get hitching but its usually a hardware issue rather than the fact that its a seemless world as you say even though vanguard isnt a seemless world its has chunks which is ran on a cluster server just gives the impression its seemless.

I agree that Vanguard isn't exactly a seamless world like people are trying to say it is.  The chunks are a different form of zones.

The confusion really lies in what people are considering free roaming.  Sure Vanguard is free roaming to a sense, but it still has zones.  I remember using the chunk lines to hide from other players in pvp.  Crossing the chunk would make your opponent lose target on you and sometimes make you invisible to them allowing you to escape ganks.  There is no truly seamless mmo out yet.

Theres one just one and you could fit the entire world of vanguard in a tiny left hand corner of its map too and it would look like a little island & the terrain is unreal but the game its self is shocking & thats Dark & Light.

• RohhRohh Member Posts: 87

I know if I had a quad and a top of the line gfx card I'd expect to play games without hitching. If the game still performs bad then thats the programmers fault not mine.

I know if I had a quad and a top of the line gfx card I'd expect to play games without hitching. If the game still performs bad then thats the programmers fault not mine.

Yep couldnt agree more thats where the buck stops at the end of the day aslong as we have made sure that everything is clean n tidy & upto date of course.