Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cities/towns/villages?!?!

I dont know about any of you but from all the footage of the game Ive seen I havent seen any ctiies/towns/ or even small villages. I most ive seen was maybe a encampment or enemy npc fort's.

There was that small looking town where the mount demonstration took place but that looked Kind of tiny from what I saw.

So will there be any npc controled cities or will it be all player owned cities/battlekeeps? If so thats ok but I hope alot of them will look a bit nicr then some of the battle keep's Ive seen witch Dont look that great.

Comments

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

I'm almost positive there are cities.  I'm too lazy to go hunt out the videos that show some of them though, hopefully someone else will.

• unherdninjaunherdninja Member Posts: 331

Originally posted by marinrider

I'm almost positive there are cities.  I'm too lazy to go hunt out the videos that show some of them though, hopefully someone else will.

I dont know but all the videos I see are of some guy in long hair running around mountains or attacking a "bandit" Camp or cutting someones head off. Never seen a full blown town yet. Mostly just random buildings in the middle of what seems to be noware.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Theres one city thats like on the edge of the water in this densely forested zone and its got these really tall buildings and a pier and all this stuff.  Including a guy peeing off the side of the dock

• I have seen AoC videos where the player walks/runs around in what looks like a town of some sort. Located at the sea so its a harbour and theres houses and inns. Doesnt look like a very big town. But its either a larger village or a smaller town.

I havnt seen any small camps tho, except those where he runs in and kill the 2-3 people.

• Originally posted by marinrider

Theres one city thats like on the edge of the water in this densely forested zone and its got these really tall buildings and a pier and all this stuff.  Including a guy peeing off the side of the dock

Yeah, hehe... I think thats the one I talked about, sounds very familiar. =P

Originally posted by marinrider

Oh ya I remember seeing a video of that guy. Ya I guess thats a city.  But still they dont show very many. I was hoping for some cool looking assasins creed looking creed like citys!

• Yeah I know. I was kinda wishing to see that kinda stuff too. ^^

Maybe not like Assassins Creed. But dark alleys where you can assassinate your target and then fade away like the shadow you are. ^^

Originally posted by WolfHaart

Yeah I know. I was kinda wishing to see that kinda stuff too. ^^

Maybe not like Assassins Creed. But dark alleys where you can assassinate your target and then fade away like the shadow you are. ^^

Exactly! I would jsut love to find an MMo that captures the feeling for a packed Shopping district like Assasins Creed was able to do.

• But if there would be an Assassins Creed Online (just an example). It would be dull really fast. Becouse within the first second its online, hunders of assassins would run around. =P

Hopefully they have added some sweet-ass Assassin Quests in AoC. ^^

But if there would be an Assassins Creed Online (just an example). It would be dull really fast. Becouse within the first second its online, hunders of assassins would run around. =P

Hopefully they have added some sweet-ass Assassin Quests in AoC. ^^

I heard there is a class called Assasin witch is just a spin off of burgler/theif/rogue but the big difference with it is that you really can assasinate people in this game...Atleast thats what I saw in one vid where the guy snuck up on an npc and grabed him and stabed him.

• I have seen AoC videos where I also have seen an assassin "assassinate" the poor guy.

but it might also have been a Fatality. Which makes it look like an assassination with 1 strike.

They have clipped the video so you dont see the start of the fight, only from the fatality. But thats what I think. Dont think Assassins can assassinate anyone more then any other classes. But they do have a very strong Melee rate. ^^

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I have seen AoC videos where I also have seen an assassin "assassinate" the poor guy.

but it might also have been a Fatality. Which makes it look like an assassination with 1 strike.
    They have clipped the video so you dont see the start of the fight, only from the fatality. But thats what I think. Dont think Assassins can assassinate anyone more then any other classes. But they do have a very strong Melee rate. ^^

Maybe they get some sort of bonus for finishers.

• What I have read there are some finishers that do give a bonus. Dont recall if they are the same as the kill-in-1-shot finishers.

I am longing to try out all the finishing moves for most classes. ^^

Those that have been shown looks sweet.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Since I'm too bored to go find pictures on the net, here are some that don't look overly old (actually they are old, the city hasn't changed in size though):

www.imageshack.gr/files/ts99g4tiic31lzsxhaes.jpg

www.imageshack.gr/files/u7ren6yjsct6keabcjr1.jpg

www.imageshack.gr/files/g9qzci89iy63c3khdoip.jpg

These I believe are from Old Tarantia, the biggest city of Aquilonia and capital of Conan's kingdom.

All classes have fatality moves that give bonuses to the group they are in.