Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

shadowbane fault help for vista

damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

has anyone seen this before or know how to fix it?

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: sb.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 47d06c69
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bd80
Exception Code: e06d7363
Exception Offset: 0001b09e
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 6bfd
Additional Information 2: 30a7b3580328c0f5391eaefb6b27d71d
Additional Information 3: 6420
Additional Information 4: bb635db1cf93f8af160b3be960acf880

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

sb.exe and shadobane.exe are both set to run as administrator and Win XP sp2 compatibility.  video drivers are the latest.  it'll patch; but when you click on the play/crush button to get to the login screen, it craps out.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

Comments

• JamkullJamkull Member UncommonPosts: 214

if you are using a new type video card ie. geforce 8000 series on up or newer ATI type card then you should disable the first 4 rendering options in the SB config.  You can find that on the patcher window.

The ones i speak of are Use Multiple Arrays, Generate Mipmaps in Hardware, Use Occlusion Query and Cache Meshes in hardware.  Disable all those and try running it again.  It will sometimes take a bit to load in but once running it should be ok. The game isn't the most effeciant so you have to give the server time to catch up sometimes and pause from time to time  as you run around.  if not then you can find yourself in the middle of a bunch of mobs and not know it.

i use vista myself with a Geforce 8800 GTX video card and i was having lots of crash issues before figuring this out via trial and error.  But everything runs smoothly now... so hopefully it helps.

p.s. also make sure you are using enough ram, about 2 gigs for most games run on vista.  Also make sure you are using a good Video Card, not one that is designed into the motherboard.  because those share system memory for video memory and they tend to have lots of issues with higher end games.  any video card that ends with 50 ie. Geforce 6150, Radeon 9150 etc. will not be able to perform very well with most 3D gaming.

• rev_lazarorev_lazaro Member Posts: 270

Just for an additional confirmation like I did on another thread:

9250 worked with the above.

In addition, my laptop's onboard ATI Radeon processor (forgot the version but it's only a year old) ran SB fine but after doing the above tweaks I noticed a  much better framerate and less lag in the crowded zones (especially the Snow Orcs on noob isle).

Edit: I should probably state, however, my laptop is running AMD dual core 1.6 GHZ plus 3 GB of RAM/