Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Love?

mwsk91mwsk91 Member Posts: 19

Does love exist? What is love? Love is blind. Love ends in sadness.

Accept everyone for who they are. A world where love and peace exist is the best type of world anyone could wish for.

Comments

• MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461

Originally posted by mwsk91

"Biological sciences such as evolutionary psychology, evolutionary biology, anthropology and neuroscience have begun to explore the nature and function of love. Specific chemical substances such as oxytocin are studied in the context of their roles in producing human experiences and behaviors that are associated with love."

Click this link.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Originally posted by MadAce

"Biological sciences such as evolutionary psychology, evolutionary biology, anthropology and neuroscience have begun to explore the nature and function of love. Specific chemical substances such as oxytocin are studied in the context of their roles in producing human experiences and behaviors that are associated with love."

Click this link.

I don't think he meant scientifically...Mabye an answer from the heart.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

I just know one thing for sure and that's that love is lovely.

Originally posted by mike470

Click this link.

I don't think he meant scientifically...Mabye an answer from the heart.

Same thing.

• MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118

Read my quote...

I've had nothing but bad experience with love. Love, especially recently, has only torn my heart to pieces and cast it to the wind. These same feelings have made me change my life positively recently, but in the end, it all ended badly. Love sucks.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Someone has had some recent issues....

• mwsk91mwsk91 Member Posts: 19

Well, luckily I can be with the person whom I love.

Accept everyone for who they are. A world where love and peace exist is the best type of world anyone could wish for.

• MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118

Choke.

Originally posted by Murais

Choke.

lol

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

I'd have to say there is no such thing as love. Not in any way where we could use that word by itself and mean one particular feeling or emotion.

Short Term, Long Term, Minor, Major, Friends, Family, TV Shows, Food, Pets, Weather, Sports, Secret, Freely Stated, Mutual, One-Sided, etc...

If love can fail was it ever love? You can't have such an all-powerful word that is so faulty. It's like saying God makes mistakes. How can he be God if he makes mistakes?

• upallnightupallnight Member Posts: 1,154
    Originally posted by Laserwolf

I'd have to say there is no such thing as love. Not in any way where we could use that word by itself and mean one particular feeling or emotion.
    Short Term, Long Term, Minor, Major, Friends, Family, TV Shows, Food, Pets, Weather, Sports, Secret, Freely Stated, Mutual, One-Sided, etc...
    If love can fail was it ever love? You can't have such an all-powerful word that is so faulty. It's like saying God makes mistakes. How can he be God if he makes mistakes?

Maybe you need to broaden your idea of what God is.  Oh, and God loves you. 

--------------------------------------
    image image

Originally posted by upallnight
    Maybe you need to broaden your idea of what God is.  Oh, and God loves you. 

God does not exist, but love does.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

love is only and simple this.

Love is the ability to make a connection with another human being that you want to preserve for eternity, in order to do that you must be able to make this connection and be enough at peave with yourself,

That being said once you find your soulmate your life will never be the same.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

Love (forgive me for being pseudo-poetic for a change) is the ultimate perfection of self-induced insanity. It's fooling yourself that you're making a connection, fooling yourself that you're rational, fooling yourself that the world is good, fooling yourself about yourself.

And did I mention it's addictive?

• frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396

Love is like a Rubix Cube, there are countless numbers of wrong twists and turns, but when you get it right, it looks perfect no matter what way you look at it.

Trade in material assumptions for spiritual facts and make permanent progress.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Love (forgive me for being pseudo-poetic for a change) is the ultimate perfection of self-induced insanity. It's fooling yourself that you're making a connection, fooling yourself that you're rational, fooling yourself that the world is good, fooling yourself about yourself.

And did I mention it's addictive?
    Very addictive, and self induced insanity is one of the best qualities in humanity.

If we can't delude ourselves to believe that we can help people, improve the world, that concepts like equality, justice, and morality are not only real but should be enforced.

In reality justice, equality, and morality are insane concepts to any animal, and biological we are animals.

How does equality serve slave owners??????? Isn't it better in pure logistical terms to force our wil upon others??????

How does it serve us to go out of our way to punish others for crimes that dont affect us or to care about, just thinking that something like that is wrong is insane by animal behaviors.

Now anger, violence, lust, hatred, selfishness that makes sense.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.